Lmao wut

Since when does a 2TB SSD cost more than an entire modern gaming laptop? $240 for 8GB of DDR3 RAM? Are mfs actually buying this shit?

Attached: Untitled.png (1550x1502, 428K)

I have one. MacOS is just perfect, I love how smooth and responsive it is. And it's UNIX. I'd have to modify linux heavily to get almost the same experience.

It's not a computer, it's a status symbol. Once you understand that everything makes sense.

It's a fully posix compliant UNIX with tons of apps you can't have on linux.

A $10,000 Gucci handbag is a status symbol. You can tell me all day about how amazing the zipper is and I will point out the ability to carry objects is secondary.

obvious price gouging aimed at ignorant brand loyalists

>posix compliant

stopped reading right there

Because I have enough money, I can remove the pricetag of anything. Let's see how this sounds in my head:
>This handbag has an amazing zipper
Sold.

If you are financially independent that's wonderful. If you're not that's foolish.

I am, that's why I loathe all this seething and nickle-and-diming by Jow Forums. Just get a macbook. Or an asus, or a custom built laptop even. What's the fucking problem.

Then you're using Linux wrong. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, and I'm not hating you. So few people even professionals run Linux with every service ave the kitchen sink enabled by default for hardware they'll never own or for hardware that installation may never see. There's no modifications needed just a few build flags to be disabled and you're set to jet. I blame all the idiot distributions because now we have just as many ignorant users as any other platform.

So am I. The problem is that almost no one else is financially independent, and I support their desire to avoid spending beyond their means. Every dollar they can invest is a step closer to freedom.

macs are the best laptops ever made

>you're applying your 4 software freedoms wrong
Hmm...
No I've been there and done that. I've compiled my own kernel and ran minimalistic WMs. It's just not the same and I always found myself trying to rice it into mac os look and feel. I finally bought a macbook a few months back.
I don't see a reason to waste my time fixing an OS myself *and* missing out on apps. No, I'm not considering alternatives for a microsecond.

>GRRR LUNIX IS SIMPLE AND USER FRENLY U RETARDS JUST SIMPLY DISABLE THE BUILD FLAGS

Attached: 1351961802031.png (300x300, 13K)

>I have one. MacOS is just perfect, I love how smooth and responsive it is
How is that relevant to OP's question?

In the sense that price doesn't matter because computers are a sunk cost.

>Are mfs actually buying this shit?
Yes, because they want a Mac, and the nicest, shiniest one if they can afford it. Have we not learned anything in the past decade from where Apple gets all their money?

please be copypasta

Linux doesn't respect my overclocks and keeps my CPU at 25% speed most of the time. Even on a custom compilation with disabled sleep states and performance governor, it does its own thing.

>I'd have to modify linux heavily to get almost the same experience.
Stockholm syndrome forces you to keep thinking the decisions Apple made are the absolute best in everything, since you couldn't change anything anyway. Being able to modify heavily is objectively better than not being able to.

But they are the best, there is a team of graphics designers, psychologists, and programmers behind macos and its UX/UI. Are you more competent than them? No. Macos and ios have no screen tearing whatsoever, or random hangs or microstutter. It doesn't feel sluggish like gnome on wayland and is not as clunky as KDE.
>objectively better
Yes but having to modify it to get a pleasant experience is not.

>falling for the bait
Just stop replying and thread well die

>But they are the best, there is a team of graphics designers, psychologists, and programmers behind macos and its UX/UI
Yes and their job is to make the UI usable for an 85 year old grandma. People are different and one solution will never be the objectively best for everyone. The sooner you realize this the sooner your path to recovery can begin. Being able to modify everything is always going to be the objectively better choice. Also their software (or hardware) is not even all that great.

Attached: 1461186845237.png (509x470, 36K)

I've already gone through my special snowflake ricer phase. It's a rabbit hole, looking for 'less bloated' software. Eventually you realise a desktop environment is supposed to fuck out the way just enough to still move around windows. That's all I need in a DE and mac's does it flawlessly. The meme of the year is code bloat, which turned into feature bloat. Weirdly enough, it's mostly spewed and advertised by people with 10+ year old hardware that just can't keep up, as evidenced by screenfetch posts. I want no part in that.
>all that great.
You can get a macbook pro with an i7 and a radeon 560x, which you can do everything on. But mine has just an intel hd because I watch movies and program.

Got a question on drive, thinking about upgrading from my Toshiba 1tb drive to a Western Digital 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive. Anyone who has one similar has any problems with watching shows off of it?

Attached: 81WFWi9sKlL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 64K)

Fucking iToddlers man

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>well I didn't want that anyway
There's that Stockholm syndrome again. I hope you don't think this is a legitimate argument. People are different and you're not some experienced traveler that already knows better than others. You might grow into thinking that having less options is better but that's not going to happen to 100% of the world's population. It's mostly you. The point still stands, having more freedom to modify is objectively better than not having that.

Don't buy what you can't afford, poorfag. The sooner you realize that, the better.

I agree about having freedom but like I said, you are required to modify your distro to make it better. It doesn't come flawless, and let you modify it to perfection, popular DEs each have their own sets of problems. People cope with this by doing the developer's work for free instead of pushing them to follow their responsibilities. I guess somewhere along the way people just quit, some continue hopping.
I've yet to see someone on Jow Forums with a heavily modified desktop environment who has very clear goals in mind. Or at least I'm denied config files if I ask.

>living in canada
lmao

it's a ridiculous price even for canada

Attached: Screenshot (527).png (1504x921, 137K)

I already have a retina macbook pro from 2014. Back then, Apple wasn't this retarded . I was just looking up new models and saw this nonsense. I'm just curious as to whether people are aware they're getting ripped off.

Wot you on about m8. Amazon ca has it for $370. You're looking at the original release price.

Attached: Untitled1.png (2936x900, 581K)

that's the 2tb version

the other pic shows the 4tb one

Apple is offering a 2TB one for $1250, not that they use the Samsung EVO anyways.

You should be comparing it to the Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe, not a SATA SSD.
It's still a rip off but not as much.

If you want to go windows free, a Macbook & Linux laptop are a pretty good way to go. I mean, some people can probably go pure linux, but at least having a MacBook gives you the ability to run supported commercial software with ease.

>2014
>Back then, Apple wasn't this retarded
Literally Retarded: The Post.

>he doesn't watch the news