4.14 released after years of work

>4.14 released after years of work
>hidpi is STILL a fucking mess
>Jow Forums praises it as the best DE

Attached: xfce.jpg (718x479, 23K)

> implemented compositing years before GNOME and had a GUI toggle for the feature
> has rarely, if ever, removed features
> uses the logo of a cute rodent rather than a FUCKING FOOT
> uses several gigabytes less ram than KDE
> doesn't have useless options
> acronym stands for something meaningful (unlike "KOOL desktop envrionment," xfce clearly stands for "cholesterol free desktop environment")
> portable. runs on popular operating systems like OpenBSD
> not the desktop of choice by itoddlers like Linus Torvalds
> OP thinks it's an inferior desktop environment
eh you're gonna have to make an argument if you want me to switch, eh buddy

>4/5 separate settings for hidpi
>fucking PIXEL COUNT instead of scalable size
>supposed to detect display size/res but doesn't on 99% of computers
>horribly inconsistent dogshit
compared to plasma for example where you literally slide scale from 1 > 2 and reboot

plasma uses 400mb of ram without the fancy window effects

HiDPI is a useless meme

poorfag cope

> he already has a hidpi screen and he wants to make the dpi even higher with some sort of compositer effect

I haven't a need for XFCE in well over a decade. XFCE was that desktop environment you used when you had

That just goes to show how bad all other DEs are.

the best DE doesn't exist.

Attached: t7j7kj.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

Budgie is pretty close to being that

you do configure your WiFi with /etc/hostname.[interface] files, don't you user?

macOS has the only DE with flawless HiDPI.
Change on the fly without reboot, works with multiple monitors in different resolutions.
Meanwhile it's 2019 and most Linux setups can't do this.

>be stupid consumer
>blame the de

1080p 22-24" 1x
1440p 30-32" 1x
4K 44-48" 1x
4K 22-24" 2x
4K 15" 3x

really? because I installed deepin and it has a retarded apple-like dock and an aero launcher

>xfce clearly stands for "cholesterol free desktop environment"

Attached: 1565006163591.jpg (599x400, 168K)

gnome and plasma aren't flawless but at least they fucking work. xfce's scaling options are a joke

Consumer sheep with buyer's remorse cope

The one in Windows is close to being perfect.
Just needs more customizability.

It's worse than every major DE

Most DEs don't even have a way to execute a command as sudo. I also don't think any have a UAC-popup equivalent.
Also, most file managers tend to be underdeveloped shit. In Windows I can use the address bar to start anything accessible from $PATH and paste full addresses into file selection dialoges.

>don't even have a way to execute a command as sudo
Sudo is just an app to let you execute stuff as any user. You can uninstall it, or turn your account into su permanently which is equivalent to turning your account into admin on windows. It's not a DE's job to let you use "sudo" any more than it is to let you run another random command. You can make a custom shortcut in thunar to open anything using sudo, if that's what you want.
>UAC-popup equivalent
The fuck do you think "enter your password to do this" is? It's a million times better than UAC.
>most file managers tend to be underdeveloped shit.
You're not forced to use software you don't like.

Xfce is noticeably faster than both Gnome and KDE, so I prefer it.

>You can make a custom shortcut in thunar to open anything using sudo
I want all binaries to have an "execute as administrator" option in the right-click menu.

And I don't give a fuck whether sudo is optional. If it's not installed or the user doesn't have the required permissions even with sudo, you can still prompt for a password.
Exactly like Windows does it - yes/no UAC for sudo-equivalent users (administrators) and password prompt UAC for non-admin users.

I know that Linux distributions are basically just a bunch of tools shoved into a single package. That doesn't mean that each distribution has to feel that way while it's being used.

>You're not forced to use software you don't like.
Then point me to software that I do like, dipshit. And don't say Windows, I already mentioned why it's far from ideal.

>I want all binaries to have an "execute as administrator" option in the right-click menu.
That's exactly what you can do.
>point me to software that I do like, dipshit
I'm lucky enough not to be your parent, retard. Do it yourself.