How do i handle imposter syndrome?

how do i handle imposter syndrome?

Attached: 1551529690412.jpg (1200x862, 57K)

by being a good programmer you filthy frogposter

Non-impostors who have impostor syndrome do not describe themselves as having impostor syndrome. You are certainly an impostor. The correct way to cope with it is to become a non-impostor, by learning and practice.

smoke a bowl

Attached: gentoo.jpg (474x635, 36K)

That is actually a comfy as fuck room user. I wish my room was that tidy.

Clean it up then

too lazy plus im bad at organizing stuff

Git gud.
I should listen to my own advice.

Not trying to be an asshole here but i honestly think there is no such thing as "imposter syndrome"
its just people who are unqualified for their job realizing it.

Attached: 1562540656873.jpg (512x422, 29K)

be absolutely confident in what you say you can do

or learn to blur the line between exaggeration and outright lie

Dont listen to the idiots telling you to "just ignore it" that'll just make it worse.
If you are experiencing "imposter syndrome" that means you are underqualified for whatever you are doing and the only way to deal with that is to work hard & become qualified.

That's because you're still in Mount Stupid.

Attached: 134C4F3D-E13F-4BB7-9422-EAF60B244E47.png (417x393, 16K)

The trick to having a clean house is to throw away all your junk

You can't. We all feel it, even at senior level.
It's just a case of drinking coffee, writing decent code and getting along with people. No pressure.

you can literally use that chart against any argument.

I'm just saying i think its a bad idea to blame "imposter syndrome" when the real issue seems to be that you are unqualified.
I mean i've experienced not feeling qualified at my job too but rather than blaming it on "imposter syndrome" and just ignore it, i decided to work hard until i didn't feel underqualified anymore.

I always see it as a necessity that motivates you to keep learning. Just don't let it stress you too much.

This. Incompetency is the norm in this field.

That's not what imposter syndrome is. Imposter syndrome is feeling unqualified when in fact you're perfectly qualified for the job. What you've experienced is a completely different thing.

It will go away when you start to realize how much you do for free and without recognition. You will see people dont giving a fuck and getting away with this, while you deal with their work. It WILL happen, trust me.

ladies and gentlement, bullshit!

that may be the actual definition of it but the problem is that 99.9% of people talking about & claiming that they have "imposter syndrome" aren't actually qualified at all, and are just using the term as a scapegoat so they dont have to deal with reality.

in other words: people mean what i described in (You) when they say "imposter syndrome" not what you are saying

that may be the actual definition of it but the problem is that 99.9% of the people claiming to have "imposter syndrome" aren't actually qualified at all, but are just using the term as a scapegoat so they dont have to deal with reality.

In other words: people mean what i described in when they say "imposter syndrome" not what you are saying.

Stop chasing the modern definition of success.

But we live in modern society.

You better handle frog poster syndrome

>t. Shlomo
Sure

~KEEP PUSHING OON~

Not him but qualified != Competent

Plenty of paper tigers out there

Malware.

The answer is always malware.

fake it till u make it brother man

> qualified != Competent

motherfucking this! worked with some dudes in tech company, both didn't cared about the quality of their development, shitty coding, absolutely non-existing documentation, not even cared about performance. And they were in the same salary range as me.

And sadly this applies too.

Makes me think why even bother trying to get shit done the best way i could when those motherfuckers didn't cared and seemed like our boss didn't either.