How come phones never have any problems but computers do?

how come phones never have any problems but computers do?
they never freeze, they never crash i could have 20 tabs open on my 4GB ram phone without issues.

Attached: images (88).jpg (554x554, 24K)

>Phones
>they never freeze, they never crash
Hahahaha.

Marxism

nice b8

>Visit Facebook 24/7
WOW so stable it never crashes
>Simulate particle accelleration with a cluster of 400 computers worldwide connected trough internet
How come it crashes?

It depends on the workload and also the architecture, you see, Phone are usually ARM architecture while PC are x86. And the way the operating system is made.
Put android on your PC and it will never crash? Easy.

>Simulate particle accelleration with a cluster of 400 computers worldwide connected trough internet
>How come it crashes?
But we all know it's because they use KDE.

Because phones run on Linux/Unix, not Windows.
Yes, there are Windows phones, but they're dead.

Phones do have these problems, but they're less frequent.

The reason is that phone OSes were a fresh start. They were written from 2005 and beyond so they don't have nearly as much technical debt and incoherent fuckery as desktop OSes. They have clearly thought out patterns made with modern software development techniques. Desktop OSes also have to cater to business use cases (acting as servers), where as mobile OSes only focus on consumers.

Have you looked at the Windows C API? Have you ever had the misfortune of having to write a GUI windows application with MFC? How many different places can you install/run an executable from on MacOS/Windows? What percentage of the applications that you've installed on your desktop were downloaded from God-knows-where on the internet vs a central app store where there's presumably at least some vesting? Are you able to set granular permissions for those apps so they can't do nefarious things in the background to make your computer slow?

This is why. Windows and desktop GNU/Linux are Frankenstein's monster compared to Android and iOS

Because computers wait for what you want to be in ram while mobile phones show you what you want to see before what you want to do, for instance if you open photoshop photoshop loads a bunch of shit then shows you its gui. n a mobile phone photoshop would just open and then load crap when you request it, to me it's a superior form of working, more so in these times of very fast transfer speeds.

OP not really, they do freeze and crash.

What you're looking for is smoothness. And you'd be right, android on newer devices is a bit too smooth and polished compared to Windows or Linux with any current DE.

retard

my 2 gig ram phone crashes daily, compared to my ryzen 1600 pc which crashes rarely

Linux vs Windows
/thread

This, with a PC I expect to be able to run whatever esoteric meme software I desire. Phones have apps. Pic related isn't available as a mobile game, funnily enough.

Attached: rtw86.png (1680x1050, 154K)

*crashes after 5 minutes of use*
enjoy your meme software, faggot

It does and I will thanks

They only have limited forms of multitasking. For the most part there is only ever background services and one app running at a time. The other apps suspended and possibly swapped out. Crashing and freezing happens but is less frequent than desktop oses.

>Never crash
>Never freeze
Have you tried an Android phone? They freeze 24/7. Garbage phones.

Stop using windows, normalfag

Attached: 68669960_2927923603900988_352461569113718784_o.jpg (1242x957, 104K)

Imagine being limited to x86 software bundled in crappy exe files and dlls

>phone animation stutter for 3 microseconds
>people flip their shit and blame Java
>PC application fucking dies for 10 seconds after you press some button
>considered completely normal

Attached: 1542123431094.gif (256x256, 490K)

>they never freeze, they never crash i could have 20 tabs open on my 4GB ram phone without issues.
what the fuck is your "phone", i've had several touch screen shits and there isn't a single one that didn't freeze or have some kind of a problem that my computer didn't. thankfully i gained sanity and went back to feature phones

but I'm not, I can literally emulate Android on my PC and run anything a phone can, I can install Linux and run any program for that too. Phones are limited to .apk packages and basically nothing else.

You just never keep your phone long enough. Smartphones, like any other computer, don't age very well. My GS4 can't handle shit anymore. Freezes and crashes all the time. Battery dies at 48% on average (albeit, I could just replace the battery since it has a removable back. Samsung isn't making official S4 batteries anymore.)

Also, the reason your 4GB RAM phone can handle 20 tabs in your browser is for two reasons:
a) 20 tabs is nothing. That's really not a lot at all. Most budget phones can handle that. My laptop has 4GB of ram and I've got literally hundreds of tabs open right now.
b.) Android freezes processes that aren't being actively used in the background, so if you do have a shitload of tabs open, only a handful of them will actually be active. The rest will be cached. That's why sometimes when you go to a tab you haven't seen in a while, the page refreshes.

Most people keep their laptops for upwards of 8 years while throwing their phones away after 2.

it's literally the opposite, at least with android

nice b8, though, made me reply

>8 GB of RAM???
>That mus be enough for...
>*counts on fingers*
>40 WHOLE TABS IN CHROME!!!1

have you ever used a shit android device lol

Usb tethering still dogshit on Android

>never crash
Usb tethering still dogshit on Android

Smartphones are tested hundred of hours, having the same hw, kernel, drivers.
For Pcs, it's impossible to test every kernel/driver patch by every cpu/mb/gpu/extension card combination.

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

exploding knees

>they never freeze, they never crash
LOL!!!! OP have never used Android or ANY Smartphone at all...
OP, you're bullshitting yourself.

Great! Another bullshitter bullshitting himself...
Smartphones do crash and freeze...

My samsung galaxy note 9 never crashed

No bully Christians pls

Fuck all christniggers.

Game?

Don't remember the last time my computer crashed or froze desu.

Optimization is probably a bigger focus for mobile devs.

>top left corner

/thread.

how many fingers you got mait

wait a year or two. a high-end computer (cuz the note series is high-end too in comparison to many others) will also run smoothly for a couple of years if you treat it well

Apps crash but I've never had one freeze. Not one time. And I've never had a phone reboot itself.