Name a better screenshots tool

Name a better screenshots tool

Attached: ShareX_Logo.png (256x256, 25K)

ok i wont argue with this one

>import

How can a screenshot tool be better or worse? It just takes a fucking screenshot and exits.

Sharex is good.

prtsc

I use the print screen button and windows

>win + shift + s
>open mspaint
>ctrl + e
>1 tab 1
>enter
>ctrl + s

scrot

I just use scrot.

Win+prtscrn

Attached: 1517398087079.png (638x580, 181K)

I just take a photo with my phone

Attached: 1564618523145.png (393x374, 215K)

As a linux user

you won

there is no better tool than ShareX. I'd love to have it on my MacBook.

Scrot is shit you fucking plebeans. Use maim.

>GPL
No thanks.

shift + command + 4

MAC HACK

greenshot

maim -su
yaxg

yea or shift + command + 5 opens the screenshot tool with some nice stuff. The deal breaker is the file upload option on ShareX. Not to mention the file name customization and lot of nice stuff.

I've used irfanview to take a screenshot of my cursor, and also take+save screenshots by hitting a single button. Otherwise I assume crop+upload functionality is the only thing someone could want otherwise.

I thought there was an online service that did the crop+upload thing, and you could set screenshots to expire with no views after a certain time. But then passwords got leaked or something. Haven't heard of it since, but it's not like I have a social life to hear of anything

>Otherwise I assume crop+upload functionality is the only thing someone could want otherwise.
Actually to be honest I wish I could use a hotkey to take+save screenshots without the screenshot program being visible. That's the main drawback for me. Irfanview wasn't the same as just not having irfanview open and using printscr instead.

ShareX is really good, I want something comparable on Gnu/Linux. I've been using Shutter to get this functionality, but it isn't as good as ShareX.

flameshot

install spectacle

Lightshot

>only uploads to their shitty host
No thanks

Grab.app

Puush
0x0
Print Screen
Snip

>Snip
snibbedy snab :DDDD

>imgur
>shitty host
Ok

Spectacle

Just use gimp's create > screenshot feature so you can quickly apply any desired adjustments, circles, or green peppers.

Attached: screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

I'm fine using Snipping Tool myself, but I keep hearing Snagit is really good at work. It apparently has MS Office integration that's supposed to be great

Love snagit.

The magnifying glass is great, and easy to edit shots with arrows, text, etc.

Quick copy or send to active programs from editor.

Don't know if it's better but i use xfce4-screenshooter mapped to PrtScn, quite comfy

I'll bite
>printscreen button on keyboard
>Snipping tool
>KDE Spectacle
>Gnome screen grab tool

ShareX is the thing I miss the most when using linux

>ctrl f gyazo
>0 hits
shame on you Jow Forums

i like deepin-screenshot a lot; but they're for different platforms. the one program i struggle to live without on linux is everything. no search tool even comes close.

This

Attached: PrtScr.jpg (350x260, 16K)

I use Greenshot. Basic and flexible.

Whatever your OS ships with.

Screencloud

because its shit?

puush

snagit is thinking man's screenshot program.

I just use printscrn on a button on my mouse which also has copy/paste/cut buttons.

there's none and it's not only a screenshot tool.

Flameshot its the easiest one. You can edit white printing instead like the other ones that force you to open a new window just to edit your print

whats the best screenshot tool for vidya? i know Steam has a build in screenshot thing, but the picture quality is absolute trash.

It’s very powerful but the menus and options are very poorly laid out and explained. Eventually configured it for auto ptpimg uploads but the process to figure out how to do it could be vastly improved.

It's called a phone camera you obtuse nerdoid
It's easier to use and share that shit and you know it

Chrome does screenshots?

The macOS™ one.

Attached: 27865-42291-000-3x2-Screenshots-l.jpg (660x440, 69K)

Yea it's not bad.

Attached: 2019-08-17-195322_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 586K)

does it give a options on which to choose now? when I used it sometimes uploaded to imgur and sometimes to their own site

Not him but I have a memory of uploading to imgur and the image being unreadable resized garbage. Had to use .moe something else instead.

I'm sure they host loslessly if you have an account but they didn't tell me shit when I tried without an account. Like nhentai-tier resizing bullshit.

>this thread

Attached: scrot_tento_ide_do_mojej_krcikompilacie.png (800x800, 413K)

the key between F12 and Screenlock

It's Scroll Lock you fucking mong

Print Screen

I just use MS paint but them always having the name untitled is a pain. Wish it could automatically affix a number to them.

WTF is wrong with windows snip?
If this is some stupid linux shit, then hang yourself.

OwO

the print screen key or win+shift+s

>all these fags saying "print screen" because they don't know what screenshot program they use

Attached: file.png (359x79, 3K)

Love me some macOS. The best operating system I’ve ever used. An Apple a day keeps the freetards away!

I'M TRANSITIONING

Attached: 6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.png (200x193, 30K)

scrot '%d-%m-%Y_%H:%M:%S.jpg' -e 'mv $f ~/Dropbox/Screenshots/'

Flameshot.

>>Hurr the touch bar is stupid gimmick

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

It stopped auto uploading for me a while ago, how do i fix it bros?

Doubt there's anything faster or with more utility.
Also cute.

Attached: PrtScr.png (324x198, 80K)

What about for screenshots from your phone?

Take a photo of it with your computer's Webcam

Fair enough.