What do Americans think when they hear British accents? Do we sound like strange foreigners to you...

What do Americans think when they hear British accents? Do we sound like strange foreigners to you, or is it in any way relatable? What is it like for you to watch television programmes (like Black Mirror say) which are set in Britain?

Attached: eng.jpg (700x484, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSG2pD-2O2g
youtube.com/watch?v=3feYEOrEZ9c
youtu.be/NxVOIj7mvWI
youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8
youtube.com/watch?v=-1s1vYRFBqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0
youtube.com/watch?v=nDaTTVR2JXY
youtu.be/YfpDSNNgYhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Counter report issued

yeah you sound like strange foreigners.

and it seems you don't say words properly. Instead of "saw" you say "sawer" etc.

I can’t stand dealing with most Brits. Most are arrogant twats.

Your accents, much like your "women" and cuisine, are disgusting.

Attached: vlcsnap-42537_thumb[1].png (454x342, 246K)

Reported for publicly announcing a report. I'll nuke this thread to hell and take you all with me.

The one thing I don't get...why do some Brits and Aussies say: "er" at the end of some words with A...

ex: Vanilla...
watched a few cooking shows...some people say "Vaniller"

I immediately think Top Gear and the Ricky Gervais Show.

Attached: KarlYoureAFuckingTwatm8.jpg (518x362, 41K)

Can’t stand the way many British speak. Dropping Rs where they belong and adding them where they don’t.

Yeah but most yanks are subhuman filth
A chimp has more civility and decorum than your average yank

Attached: workingclassscum.jpg (1181x897, 108K)

I've dated girls higher in the corporate ladder than all of you. Girls who consult CEOs of the worlds LARGEST companies on how to include women into their ranks. The biggest, baddest, wealthiest women you could imagine, I've dated, engaged and been with and ALL they wanted was an alpha.
They were strong enough to admit the truth. All you women who claim different are lying to yourself and if you encountered me for 10 minutes, it would be the end for you and your delusions.
This is why men will always run the show.

British accents are pretty much just thought of as gay. The british in general are synonymous with faggotry in america

reported for announcing a report, enjoy your ban

>this
youtube.com/watch?v=zSG2pD-2O2g

depending on the dialect it ranges from gibberish to erudite

You sound retarded. Letters represent specific sounds. Words are groups of sounds with specific meanings. Why do Brits adulterate these sounds? It's no different than niggers with their ebonics.

we think your women sound absolutely atrocious

Depends on where in Britain they are from, but most of them are as aurally offensive as an Australian accent.

It sounds normal to us.

Yep. I thought that was the French too.

Correct. It's standard practice for me to just close the tab immediately on some otherwise hot JOI, SPH, or CEI content as soon as I hear that awful British accent.

You know that British tourists are considered worse than Americans.

It's both.

I think you're our superiors.

Attached: 41p6-e3Z-kL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (300x435, 24K)

In all fairness, they're both massive faggots.

It's immediately foreign sounding, but at the same time we know you're from England. They may not be able to tell you where they're exactly from but the different English accents will give away that they're from England.

That being said, other accents from the British isles can trip Americans up. Welsh accents are probably the hardest to identify because it has the least exposure in the states, while Irish accents are far more determinable because of that large Irish wave of immigrants in the 1800s. So there's been a long and wide exposure of Irish sounds and voice that Americans can immediately peg as being Irish. Though you'll still get people confusing Scottish accents with Irish ones.

I personally hate the British accent. I find it snobby and since British people have shit worldviews interesting words are rarely spoken with one. Sometimes its hard to understand and I have great pleasure in proclaiming that I can't understand they gay shit I'm hearing.

youtube.com/watch?v=3feYEOrEZ9c

It’s relatable, first thing that pops in my mind when I hear an Aussie or Brit is “that’s my cousin country” don’t know why but that’s what my subconscious always tells me.

As a Scot i look at that "leave out the R" with unbridled disgust.

youtu.be/NxVOIj7mvWI

You sound different but it's not that big of a deal other than certain idiosyncrasies like how you pronounce "schedule" seems really weird.

>oi mate ave a bang on me minge yeah
>*cackles like a witch*
>*vomits into kebab*

>Dropping Rs where they belong and adding them where they don’t
Exclusively an English thing in Britain, in Scotland and Wales we love pronouncing Rs.

Simon Cowell

Every accent in the states that isn't Texan and gravelly sounds gay, high pitched, nasally, and like you have a lisp.

>Being this assblasted.

There is not a single English accent that doesn't sound like you just got done sucking a dick.

I met a guy who married a lady from Birmingham and jesus her accent is horrible its like putting a cheese grater in your ears

Attached: c6f3ad93b12c56f98dbb8498043ee9fb253a715b71b3bf61b81fd5e1cce91fbc.png (280x291, 88K)

I work with a blue collar brit in PA and don't really have any trouble understanding him, yet I can't understand half of the shit they're saying when I'm watching Peaky Blinders.

Texans aren't American. They are Texans. Don't believe me? Come visit. Texans will tell you this fact again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Like vegans with cool boots and dumb hats.

Educated Americans used to do it too and it still survives in certain dialects e.g. the Bostonian.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8

I’m not I’m nice

>Bostonian

Yeah, we hate them too.

British isn't just English.
youtube.com/watch?v=-1s1vYRFBqQ

The weirdest is that you sound indistinguishable to Americans when you sing.

Folks from London tend to strike me as either PC pussies or pompous douche bags, most of the time.

The rest of you don't feel very foreign, tbqh. It's usually the same kind of feeling I get when I meet someone with a thick accent from the northeast, or the midwest.

If a girl has a Irish or Scottish accent though, it's pretty much an automatic +1 on her 1-10 scale, though.

I'm nae English cunt.

there are plenty of rhotic accents in the UK

OP's image is fake and gay

Lad, you boys can't even say the letter T
It's interchangeable with D in american

We can when we want to, this guy starts out Highland then switches to Elvis lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0

Received pronunciation is associated with intelligence and sophistication. Some of the other dialects aren't as well known.

That's no where near as irritating as when they say shite like "let's see if i can't do this" or "i could care care less".

Attached: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!.jpg (808x805, 177K)

nowhere*

The Brummie accent is the most hated accent in the UK as well so you're not alone in that opinion.

>be me
>arguing with a brit in medellin about usa vs uk
>britboy ends it with a sentence
>"in your country my accent drops all the girls pants"
>facepalm cuz i know its true

Pic related ya grass munching potato deprived ginger nigger.

Attached: Scouse.jpg (275x183, 10K)

How do you fare with this?

youtube.com/watch?v=nDaTTVR2JXY

American TV and broadcasting is filled with British accents in their narration from documentaries to advertisements but it's all rhotic accents, the stereotypical posh accent which would get you battered in a Scottish high school.

I don't know if accents get you laid but they make you sound smart. I do sound like a posh cunt and geordies bully me but in my defence, I don't think, say, cockney or geordie accents have the same use. They may be seen as unique and even nice sounding but they wouldn't be your first choice for a narrator or voice actor.

>and the Ricky Gervais Show.
Based.

>high school not secondary school

You big poof.

they sound old and pompous

Just embrace Americanisms. It's over. Y'all and howdy are real words.

youtu.be/YfpDSNNgYhI

Bet you say sidewalk and elevator and all. Your ancestors are turning in their graves; how will you face them in the afterlife?

I curse you in the name of all the ANGLOS:

ᛃᚢ ᛫ ᚪᚱ ᛫ ᚫᚾ ᛫ ᛁᚡᚣᛚ ᛫ ᛈᛖᛋᛏ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᛏᚱᛖᛏᚣᚱ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛃᚩᚱ ᛫ ᛈᛁᛈᚣᛚ ᛫ ᛃᚢ ᛫ ᚹᛁᛚ ᛫ ᛒᚩᛃᛚ ᛫ ᛁᚾ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᛈᚪᛏ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛔᛆᚴᛁ ᛫ ᛋᚹᛖᛏ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᛋᚣᛒᛋᛁᛋᛏ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᚾᛁᚸᚣᚱ ᛫ ᛋᛁᛗᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚠᚩᚱ ᛫ ᚪᛚ ᛫ ᛁᛏᚣᚱᚾᚣᛏᛁ ᛫ ᛖᛗᛖᚾ

Attached: robbie-mcsweeney-anglic-scouts.jpg (1920x1007, 789K)

>Your ancestors are turning in their graves
Let me tell y'all about my ancestors.

Attached: 1517079786576.png (470x405, 13K)

I get that you call elevators "lifts" but what the fuck is a sidewalk in Bonglish?

I have never used either of those terms without being sarcastic when I said it.

kek

No, I know. Southern sounding accents say it and nogs say y'all so y'all has become nog slang. Niggers say y'all in London.

I love the Southern Belle accent

Attached: charlotte-la-bouff.jpg (500x279, 34K)

pavement

"Walk on the path"

>What do Americans think when they hear British accents?

Hollywood has conditioned us to associate the southern UK accent with aristocracy and the northern UK accent with impoverished coal miners. Scottish accents generally just make us think of Sean Connery and Welsh accents sound like the gibbering of a mental defective.

Attached: Sean Connery 007.jpg (1400x1065, 478K)

The proper British way of expressing this should be "ye," but unfortunately that has dropped out of the language; people however should at least make the effort to say "you all" instead of vilely slurring it in the Yank way.

>instead of vilely slurring it in the Yank way.
Honestly they're all copying nogs. No one wants to sound like a Texan cowboy even if they think John Wayne movies are cool. They want to sound like nigger rappers, "British" niggers most of all.

I haven't yet, and hopefully never do, encounter a white Brit saying "y'all" and when an inbred yank says "y'all" it's just a unique accent. When nogs say it, its laziness. Ebonics is not an accent, its like African 'pidgin.' Low IQ.

Americans do not like the British accent. We associate it will homosexuals, or, "dramatic" and "sensationalist" mentalities.

Attached: HL Mencken.jpg (640x948, 149K)

I live in the southern US. Sadly you rarely hear that accent any more. It was generally a sign of wealthy old money southern families. As time has moved on localized accents are dying out except amongst working class rednecks.

Attached: Tolkein on cultural homogeny.jpg (1022x635, 169K)

british accents sound gay and snobbish
Irish are cool tho

I'm careful to always say howdy to my cashier. I don't even have a Southern accent, but no southern gentleman ever went a day without saying howdy and damnit I'm not going to either.

Yeah it sucks, we're all going to have the flat, boring newscaster accent with the way things are going.

Why do so many people associate rhotic English accents with homos? Is it because we talk properly and no one else in the UK does?

You sound like faggots

somebody should make an aussie version of this

Attached: J8HJ.gif (400x165, 487K)

How can you plausibly accuse of cowardice a nation that built and maintained the greatest Empire in history? Silly man.

Attached: Homo How To Spot.jpg (968x1600, 320K)

Here ya go.

Attached: 1546384579738.jpg (700x484, 124K)

>a biscuit is a cookie
what?

Lateral pedestrian-conveyance thoroughfare.

Attached: English the English way.jpg (750x453, 159K)

>northern UK accent with impoverished coal miners. Scottish accents generally just make us think of Sean Connery
Scotland is northern UK. Americans prefer the Scottish accent over the "essentric" overly emphasized southern-Uk English accent. In order to sum up what the English accent sounds like to Americans here, we would assoicate it with the California "Valley Girl" accent.

Like 'OH muh gawd

Just very emphasized and dramatic in a womanly way.

Attached: White Civilization.png (2100x1525, 99K)

Attached: 1510994471270.png (800x960, 462K)

Attached: 1511223929279.jpg (1100x1900, 585K)

Attached: 1511272950772.png (831x962, 385K)

Attached: 1511601098132.jpg (727x1000, 418K)

>Americans prefer the Scottish accent over the "essentric" overly emphasized southern-Uk English accent.
That is bullshit. I haven't seen a survey, and I'm sure there's plenty of diaspora fags who love it and see it as more 'hard' sounding but yanks always use rhotic English speakers for things that actually involve speaking.

Attached: 1511638651417.jpg (2682x4063, 692K)

Garbage nation

Attached: 1511658083123.jpg (1024x900, 243K)

>Garbage nation
:'(

صوت الخلافة