Jow Forums's thoughts on standing desks for development and programming work?

Jow Forums's thoughts on standing desks for development and programming work?

Attached: 12222223123123ntitled-1.jpg (744x735, 213K)

I'm too interested in treadmill disks. What does everyone think of them?

The problem is less sitting and more internal rotation of the shoulder inherent to long times spent at desks; a split keyboard would be a good solution if they didn't all suck

>k, turns out sitting down all day is bad for you. we should do standing desks.
>k, turns out standing all day is bad for you. we should do treadmill desks
>k, turns out walking on a treadmill all day is bad for you and the environment. we should go back to sitting desks.
hmm...it's almost as if we're not supposed to be doing one single thing all day. almost as if work life is literally killing us...hmm...

Attached: mug think.jpg (261x216, 8K)

have a standing desk that is motorized, then do a couple of hours of standing and a couple of hours of sitting throughout the day

which one? how expensive? is the motor reliable?

>shoes in your home
absolute fucking disgust

>which one?
there are many with different prices. I'm sure there are reviews of them out there.

I personally wouldn't want one unless it's the kind which can be quickly adjusted for sitting height, that way you could swap between sitting and standing fairly often. Standing for extended periods of time makes my legs and back sore, sitting in a properly adjusted ergonomic chair is much more comfortable for the same given length of time. Having the option to swap between sitting and standing might be nice though, but I most fucking definitely wouldn't want to stand 8h a day at work instead of having a chair.

I have a regular desk at my cubicle but lately, I prefer bringing my work laptop to a common use table that's tall enough to be standing. It's pretty great but I still have my regular desk to fall back to.

Also, I train for powerlifting and I keep forgetting to fix my posture while sitting.

dude i can barely open my eyes even when i'm sitting, i'd literally collapse if i stand up for hours like that.
(i'm 184cm 67kg, so not even fat, it's just that i have low energy to anything.)

Standing desks are really comfy but only if you can switch between standing and sitting. You just need to switch between them every so often so you don't kill yourself as much.

i have a motorized one, and use it occasionally to stand. really depends on the mood

I have one of those. I usually go about an hour sitting and then do 15-20 minutes standing. Just going back and forth seems to help me with getting sleepy/fuzzy while I work.

Just exercise in your free time you fucking lazy shits

>i'm 184cm 67kg,
>just that i have low energy to anything

You're malnourished you retard lmao

>no pc/laptop connected yet there's a picture on the screen

Attached: 1467116637624.png (1099x759, 705K)

Looks awesome. My coworker has one. He is a chad, i'm not

We use some older industrial/corporate model at work with an extended range. Like 25" to 44" or something. It's okay, the range is nice. I use a vertdesk v3 at home, only goes from 27" to 44". I'm 5'8" and 27" is right at the edge of what I deem ergonomic while sitting. 39-40" standing is perfect. If you need better keyboard and mouse ergonomics you could also get a keyboard tray, which will give you like an inch or two lower if you want your arms to be more relaxed or if you're a few inches shorter than I.

If you're an adult male then the vertdesk v3 is nice. The crossbar is kind of garbage because it can block your legs if you pick the 24" deep desk top but it's noticeably more stable than the one at my workplace so it works technically.

Sounds like you should stand. It helps me stay awake through the mid afternoon itis

Kinesis split keyboards are fantastic. I use a rubber dome one at work and a mechanical at home. When the rubber dome one at work breaks, I'll request a mechanical one to replace it.

Good investment, sitting is bad.

It's hidden under the desk

feet start to hurt if you stand for 4 hours straight barefoot :)

how about a standing desk that you lower and use for sitting once in a while, and taking a walk outside every 1h to look into far away objects.

Considering I sit all day and have fatty liver
Go get one
Good health is worth any price

Linus does that.

Attached: 33b9b9055c03aa4faed486fe2d91b70e.png (1200x750, 636K)

This. My job switched to these like 3 years ago and it’s been nice. Usually stand for a few hours in the afternoon

how about not binge watching shit when you come home

what a fucking joke just go for a walk
i dont care its super gay and for serious working it cant be a good advantage

I picked up a hand-moved standing desk at officemax for $180. Goes from normal sitting height to about 5'. Shit's really nice. Takes half a second to swap positions since you just squeeze the level and move the table. Just need to hide the cables and junk eventually. Definitely one of the better investments I've made, going from sitting 8 hours straight a day to going back and forth every hour feels so much better and I don't feel like shit when the day's done.

Attached: cheap-ass standing desk.jpg (1400x1400, 578K)

Do you guys really sit and code all the time. Sometimes I'd walk around and think about how I'm going to write the code. Then sit and write it.

No ty anime tiddies aren't going to watch themselves. At home or at work

M E M E
E
M
E

they were a fad a few years ago, those whose stuck to them go a series of leg and knee problems. Just sit down and do exercise every so often

Results speak for themselves

i can only imagine your shitposting efficiency at that level of comfyness.
truly inspiring.

sometimes i ride my stationary bike and play hearthstone. other than that im slack bellied and warp tongued

Total meme. Just get up from your desk from 30 to 30 mins and walk around a bit.

Need the Catholic desk
Sit,
Stand,
Kneel,
Repeat.
> not to be used by children

What is that retarded faggot standing on?

He doesnt have that anymore

the floor

Can't think straight while standing

Yeah but I need to know what happens

The viens in my dick are better organized than this abomination

Sitting when working, standing when shitposting and gaming.
Go to doctor dude.

a foot rest
I use a milk crate as a foot rest/ottoman at work. Shit sucks, but better than nothing.
I also throw it at the ground when people on the phone piss me off.

The slav squat desk is the next major development.

there is only one healthy way to sit
I have pic related in my homeoffice, I only get up to take a shit but otherwise I spend 23 hours in this chair.
its heaven

Attached: zerogravity.jpg (738x505, 48K)

ikea-150 to 200 buvks

Too wobbly.

ikea and less than 200, link?

So how about a lying down desk?

Might unironically be some severe diabetes.

>thoughts on standing desks
They break a lot.
Not necessary break in comfy position.

Missing the point entirely. You're not supposed to do one thing all day. Introduce a mixture of activity. Lie down for 30 minutes. Sit for 30 minutes. Stand for 30 minutes. Walk for 30 minutes.

I bought one from Ikea, the cheap one that works with a crank, and then I bought a glass made to measure to put on top.
I couldn't be happier, and I have lowered the height only two times since I bought it... it's been like this for 2 months... I work standing up all day, on the highest setting possible. It makes all the difference, but ofc I take into account the money I spent, which was about 300e in total

I think you're full of shit. What if you worked in one of these? I bet you could work all day in it without moving

Attached: 1555579254685.jpg (674x446, 61K)

bump