/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-17 redmi_note_8_render_mydrivers_1565952525057 jpg (WEBP-Grafik, 1200 × 800 Pixe (1200x800, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note9-SM-N960-128gb-Ocean-Blue-Global-GSM-Unlocked-Inbox-Good/183920135019
ebay.ca/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-3-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-39-6GB-RAM-Black-Blue-Green-Global/202493220288
techinsights.com/blog/apple-iphone-xs-max-teardown
youtube.com/watch?v=MWcoTbdQBso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For me, it's the note 9

What actually does the additional camera on the Note+?

Cause the Note normal seems better in usability(able to hold it in one hand), and, atleast for me, i can't really tell the difference between FHQ and QHD on a tiny screen.

Posted this in another phone thread as /spg/ wasn’t up

How long are phones support? Are all companies like Apple and only give you 4 - 5 years of OS updates before they leave you dry?

>5 years of support is 'only'
losers like you need to learn your fucking place.

For me, it's the OnePlus 7 Pro in October, at a discount
and then an S11+, next year August, again at a discount, but only if it's notchfree and the camera improvements are top tier.

How so?

stfu

>having a chink phone
Anybody and everybody with a chinkphone should kill themselves.

Attached: D27B9DD8-0AD4-46ED-997A-64CCCED98A22.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>Pepe
>iOS Filename
Lmao

Have sex

From the previous thread, asking again.
Also to add, I will not be upgrading for a long time after I get the new phone. I only upgrade every 3-4 years.

Aren't >95% of all phones made in China?
Mine is made in Vietnam though.

Chink brands are garbage and lower quality make.

>my iPhone is made in USA, ok?
>t. dumb frog poster

t. owns a phone that had literally no support whatsoever upon release

About to activate my pixel 3a at Verizon and there's nothing you guys can do to stop me

BOYS BOYS

Should I get a refurbished galaxy note 9 or new mi mix 3?? I cant decide.

No moving parts and bigger battery on the note 9 but the mix 3 looks better and will be new. aaahhh

Attached: mimix3.png (515x1061, 223K)

Nice 1080p screen you got on your iPhone XR Matt, oh wait...

What price?

iPhones have the same shit Chink quality.

They both work out to ~$600 CAD. I'm gonna buy one of them by the end of the day, probably from ebay

ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note9-SM-N960-128gb-Ocean-Blue-Global-GSM-Unlocked-Inbox-Good/183920135019

ebay.ca/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-3-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-39-6GB-RAM-Black-Blue-Green-Global/202493220288

Sorry I replied to the wrong post.

Apparently the mix 3 has better cameras, and I dont really care for the curved glass. Still though I owned the note 3 and it was dope. I'm probalby leaning towards the mix 3

Of those choices, the 64gb S9 (you can add a SD card later)

Coping this hard. Chinese phones have cheaper materials. The material cost of an iPhone XS is between $400-$600 USD depending on memory size. Your average chink phone has a material cost less than $50 USD.

Do you guys trust buying a phone off ebay?

No.

Doesn't the slider make it hard as hell to put in a case?

>Your average chink phone
>average
You're comparing Apples to oranges, if you want a fair comparison use top-tier chinkphones that mog iphones on every level, both hardware and software.
On another note, do you have a source for that material cost claim, I'm interested in reading up on that because it sounds way overblown, unless you meant manufacturing costs.

>The material cost of an iPhone XS is between $400-$600 USD
HAHAHAHAHA no.

Literally one google search away.

techinsights.com/blog/apple-iphone-xs-max-teardown
That’s just materials not including labour, packaging, inventory, shipping etc...

And
>android
>superior software
Fucking kek

Huawei P30 Pro likely has a material cost of just $100 USD. Imagine buying a garbage chink phone and thinking it’s superior to apple.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's only about $150 and that's being generous. Now if you include marketing costs and every other bullshit in that figure it could possibly be around $400 with every penny after that being profit. That sounds about right.

You think Xiaomi has better cameras than Samsung? Fucking bait kys

youtube.com/watch?v=MWcoTbdQBso

Nope, materials cost are around $400-$600. Add in labour, packaging, inventory costs etc.. and the price increases. Apple only makes 10-20%profit on each phone sold and that profit margin decreases with their newer phones because of new parts being expensive. I’m sick and tired of you disgusting pajeets shilling chink garbage.

Best Xperia X Compact successor?

I sure that's a very trustworthy site.... Very representative of the costs a corporation pays for those components. Keep sucking the apple cock and swallowing whatever they push down your throat

Why don’t you actually read the article before thinking its bullshit? All new iPhone parts are on the secondary market already. And I’d rather trust iPhone than any fucking chink brand that has inferior make products.

Fuck that video, do the right thing, get the Note. Samsung is better and especially in low light they mog Pixels now.

>Frogposter
Dilate.

You dilate tranny.

Redmi 7

>Yeah I'm pretty sure it's only about $150 and that's being generous.

$150 is pretty standard for iPhones, yes.

What's the nicest small smartphone? I have tiny girly hands and I keep dropping my s8+. I prefer a non curved screen so it doesn't crack, since my small hands are buttery and they keep dropping everything.

Attached: 7756fe5d-29fc-466d-8ef9-07c6035b454d.jpg (696x608, 36K)

Every phone has a shit camera.
Buy a real camera if you're interested in image quality.

Look into OnePlus

Based 2014 poster

Samsung's camera is shit compared to the Pixel phones and spec wise. Hell, even my old nexus 6p has a better camera than most flagships. Right now I'm sporting the OnePlus 6 due to the fact it has more RAM, faster processor and better battery than the competition. Importantly, developer friendly. I have Lineage OS on the phone and it flys. I also have a Dell docking station if I want to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the phone if I want to use it as my computer. Which is what I'm doing now. Samsung has failed to deliver in specs since the Note4 and SMGS5. Keep your options open and see which brand fits you.

I'm not buying a dedicated camera, nerd. Phones mog point and shoot cameras these days

I'm a OnePlus user myself but Samsung is top 3 now, behind Huawei and Pixels. They have great details, the best wide angle photography and video recording, and absolutely the best low light photography behind Huawei.

Think a pixel 3a xl is better than the mi mix 3? They're about the same price for me, I'm a fan of google software aswell

Best wide angle is either the P30 pro or Mi9, depending on the situation, Samsung's ultra wide cameras so far have been put as an afterthought, don't know if they've addressed that with the Note 10. Either way the new Mate will probably force all manufacturers to put greater focus on this lens which is great.
>I'm a fan of google software aswell
I'd go with the Pixel in that case, you might end up unhappy with a Xiaomi. The Mix is far better in terms of raw hardware, but the camera, even with gcam, can't match the Pixel.

Moving from a Blackberry Leap to an LG V30. Not sure what to install. Copped OpenVPN, Clover, Osmand, USB Audio Player Pro, Music Speed Changer, Solid Explorer. What else?

Attached: D8nMO9pWwAAYGjd.jpg (555x545, 42K)

Need a new phone
Carrier: Verizon
Budget: around 200$ or less
Preferable Xiaomi
Help me g bros

Is 3-5h daily usage of phone ok or im going to get brain cancer, how much im fucked? And yes im on holiday from uni so much free time. How much u spend average daily? 95% its Hearthstone Chrome and YT (example - J. Peterson lectures and other "educational" shit).
>using lcd screen.
>inb4 keking on my preferences
Idc just dont bother replying and taking space then.

Attached: 125.jpg (650x346, 38K)

Mi 9 SE if you're concerned about value
S10e if you want a flagship
iPhone XS if it has to be Apple

xz2 compact

Redmi Note 7

If you want that google camera (not gcam but hardware) ok. Otherwise you can flash Pixel Experience / LineageOS. Check availability of these roms before you consider buying phone.

Redmi Note 7 or wait for the new Note 8 that is in image posted by OP. Idk for its price, probably will be no more than 250$.

At least the new Samshits will have that fuckhuge sensor on them that's bigger than the ones on the P30 Pro

I appreciate you. Does the pocophone work on Verizon?

Literally kill yourself lineage pajeet

>Note 8
I don't see a fingerprint scanner on the back. Does that mean it might be integrated into the screen and that the Note 8 might come with an OLED screen?

Schizo here. Thinking about getting my first smart phone. Considering the Pixel 3a with GrapheneOS or #!os. I'm searching for freedom. Thoughts?

Attached: graphene.png (512x512, 7K)

100%,yes

nobody gives a fuck about you. there are no glowniggers hunting after you. just get a decent phone, stop worrying about muh botnet and have sex

Sounds good, Graphene is nice. You'll be off the grid! Remember to tape the cameras and the speakers.

A pretty safe guess is that all 3 major manufacturers will move to 100+ MP sensors with their 2020 flagships. I don't know what's been holding Samsung back so far, could be their camera software couldn't properly adjust the aperture when used with a larger sensor.

nice, I think I'll get that phone

is there a way to make a 5ghz / dual band hotspot with LG?

Apple absolutely won't. They're slugs. Google will use the same shit and wank off with the software side of it. I don't trust them

Lol you are cringy af, continue spilling 700$+ every year for a new phone then dumbass.

You can check bands availability on Frequency Check or Kimovil, but probably works.

Seething

Kinda think you're memeing, but thanks. I have physically removed the microphones and cameras from all of my current devices, so that will be a big change when I get a phone. The one thing about Graphene it is run by one guy and he is very hostile towards free software people.

Ah sorry, I should've been more specific, I meant Xiaomi, not Apple as the third. They've probably already traded places but we'll have to wait for Q3 reports to have it official.

reminder that brand loyalty is stupid and you should be comparing infividual phones by models, not the companies.

>every year
we get 2-3 years of updates, loser

>be walking around the street
>my Xiaomi Mi Senses fire up
>sense a fellow Xiaomi Mi Bro in distress
>fire up my Xiaomi Mi Scooter
>see Tyrone running away
>MIUI System Message: Target Acquired
>Activate Xiaomi Mi Scooter's Xiaomi Mi MIssiles
>Fire them up
>Tyrone blows and burns up in glorius Twilight Gold along with his Onepoo
>Go to fellow Xiaomi Mi Bro
>See his Xiaomi Mi 9T by Xiaomi is running non official firmware
>"Silly you, fellow brother. No wonder you are unhappy"
>get the kernel and MIUI source code and audit it for him, removing every unwanted feature just for him, thanks to Xiaomi making their source code open source
>flash it for him, works as new
>he cries tears joy as girls start to surround him in chorus orgasmic cries of Mi lust
>"The problems are not over."
>the "girl" starts running away
>my Xiaomi Mi Scooter MIUI AI fires up and blocks her way
>I get up to her
>remove her pants
>reveal penis
>he screams in eternal agony as she's being exposed as the deceiver he is
>"Thanks fellow brother, you saved me."
>"That's my job.", I say as I fire up my Xiaomi Mi Scooter and ride towards the sunset, until the next day comes, with a view of the Pacific Ocean by my side.

Attached: 1561588679936.jpg (400x526, 33K)

>just use Lineage

I think most brand loyalty and reluctance to switch outside of /sp(er)g/ comes from just getting used to the interface and software features.

If 2020 flagships don't have periscope cameras instead of the regular shitty 2x zoom ones then I'm gonna laugh. Fucking chinkphones have 5x and more and Samsung and Pixels still don't. Embarrassing. It's the one big useful camera upgrade outside of bigger sensors

Help me out bros.
What should I choose between the S10e (Exynos) and the Mi 9T PRO (it's coming this week). They are both $500 USD.
I ain't no gaymer, mostly gonna use it for social media/music/browsing.

For that things s10e is better... 9t pro has better SoT only and no hole or notch.

Stay mad Pajeet.
Not sure why MIUI ads make you seethe this much.

is the diagonal difference gonna be noticeable ?
should I trade size+battery for screen and ergonomics? what do y'all think?

Attached: images (15).jpg (403x503, 35K)

Jesus, get the chinkphone retard. You won't get more than 3-4 hours SoT on the Samshit please don't buy it, you'll hate yourself for it. Chinkphone will get you 10+ hours easily

>mfw using the latest Xiaomi flagship

Attached: Xiaomi-India.jpg (700x437, 45K)

okay, noted.
any option other than these 2, under $500?
just to mention, I can't get last year's flagships cause they are way too expensive here ( Romania)

Mi 9T Pro is the absolute best you can get, no doubt about it.

I think it isnt that much noticeable, screen above 5.5 inches is fine, note that bezels are smaller so the phone isnt that much larger (you can compare sizes online).
I would go for 9t pro, but im not in need for better camera (its fine and difference isnt more than 10% between these) and social media (i dont use it). Anyway, go for 9t pro because is really a problem, with years it gets worse and its Exyshit.

Yup

I literally beat the shit out of people with chink Phones when I see them irl

Also, hole in the screen is on the upper right corner instead of left, on that smaller screen its really visible, watch some reviews on yt, so when you turn the phone horizontaly, it really gets into content you are watching. I hold it that way because speakers are down right, and i can send audio waves to my face then and have better sound coming out from speaker. And its a habit ofc.

iPhone 6s is peak comfy

Get on my level

Attached: C1E3A993-0253-4069-99BC-09B84218E55E.png (1668x2224, 2.83M)

Why is the LG G5 so based even today?
>16 megapixel rear camera can take 4k UHD photo and video
>replaceable battery and cheap aftermarket batteries
>usb c for quick charge times
No other phone on the market can compete even today
They should have continued updating it

>supporting isis
Good work Muhammad

>haha it's got a replaceable battery, nothing can touch this phone!
take off the blinders, grandda.