How do I even learn Vulkan all the tuturials fucking suck

how do I even learn Vulkan all the tuturials fucking suck

Attached: 1563162735350.jpg (600x642, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnopengl.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just use opengl faggot

You suck

what's the point? it's really outdated by now
I don't want to waste my time on learning something I won't use

really outdated? Won't use? 4.5/4.6 is awesome, you not using it is entirely your choice if you choose to use Vulkan for something where you won't even end up needing the copious amount of control it provides.
Just because it's new and shiny and concurrent doesn't mean it's practical, especially at this stage.

If you want to feel all new/hip just use DSA and abuse framebuffers lol

alright then what tutorials/guides do you recommend then?
by the end I wish to be able to write a simple game engine where I can walk around a cube
and how long would that take me to do? month? two?

the tutorials are written for people who already understand opengl
sorry bud, but you're a scrub and you'll stay a scrub

>it's really outdated now
Dude, we live in a time where you can write modern OpenGL and run it in your web browser and experience only like 30% memory bloat. You're not going to be hired by a AAA company to write their PBR algorithm by reading a Vulkan tutorial. Just use OpenGL.

learn opengl first then vulkan is ez

how do I do it

learnopengl.com/

You can't. Vulkan is an awful, awful API and the only people who were able to make something with it are employed at game engine companies.

Use OpenGL if you want to make something cross-platform. Compared to other low-level graphics APIs like Metal2 or DirectX, Vulkan is just pointlessly verbose and buggy. And does that buy you anything? No. It's usually buggier.

ROBERT NO!

Attached: ...robert.jpg (1024x690, 331K)

>random online tutorial that's years out of date
Ok

it's FASTER tho...

You're starting to sound pretty hopelessly out of touch with (or rather hopelessly and incorrectly presumptuous of) what the graphics world really is and what using this stuff really means.

OpenGL 3.0 is 11 years old. Learn to walk before you learn to bitch.

thanks I will try that

I'm not OP you dumbfuck. And no, learning old ass shit doesn't help you.

Sure. But unless you're writing a AAA game engine, that won't matter. Modern OpenGL is fast, too. Ever since they moved to VBO rendering, it's really fast.

When people say that OpenGL is slow, they mostly refer to the olden days of immediate mode with glBegin() and glEnd() when CPU and GPU kept blocking each other and drivers were awful. Those days are over. Vulkan is only faster if you're better than the driver at managing resources, which most people won't be.

learnopengl is shit though.
Just read through the docs, they explain everything more clearly.

>it's really outdated by now
And?
It still works and will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
Nothing you will ever do on you own will require more than what say OpenGL 2 has to offer (if that).
As long as your learn the general pipeline of buffers and shaders it will translate to every other API and version, just need to learn the minutia of setting those up.

This is painfully accurate

No it's ok.
learn to manipulate buffers and transformations then you can dive into more complexe things like lightnings and animations
also opengl 3.3 to 4.6 is pretty much the same except some extensions added to main standard

which one would you recommend then?

Use directx instead