/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1560550280993.png (1600x900, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/2v3j8Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/D4c729
pcpartpicker.com/list/wQFgD2
pcpartpicker.com/product/QXTPxr/acer-kg271u-abmiipx-270-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-kg271u-abmiipx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

name one time in history when you have been able to buy faster graphics cards for cheaper than today

Any good but cheap (

in the used market, never
on the new market, about 3 years ago

run memtest and see if memory is stable to 400%

RX 570 is faster than the 1650 and cheaper, retard

The peak of the race last decade.

Does it matter which slots I put my RAM in? Assembling my first pc right now.

don't do this
you will live with that heap of metal for 5~12 years
get a good looking case with sufficient ventilation

Sigh amd.. Never again

Fractal focus g

Depends on the mobo.

yes, look into your mobo manual for which slots to put 2 sticks

amd gpus are at last good
amd cpu are even more price perf better
just wait for b550 mobos

Hi, poorfag here, what's a good cheap cpu to run a small minecraft server with 10-20 players max? Maybe a r3 1200? Anything better?

Check mobo manual, most of the time with 4 slots it's 1 and 3.

Yes sir I will do the needful

jesus your credit card is only a $1500 limit?

Anyway considering this is CAD, it seems like you got really good deals.
But maybe you should just use an RX580 for now? It can do 1440p at console-quality settings (generally low-medium, with maxed textures, but depends on game)
Case is completely subjective. I wouldn't get an oversized one is all.

Raytracing will be worth it when cards come out which are powerful enough to run it without artifacts in 4-5 years.
It also took 10 years for ambient occlusion to be done in a way that looks natural and good instead of simply putting drop shadows behind everything in screen space.

Do they really have the same model name or did newegg mislabel?

>has heating issues.
No it doesn't. It just measures a point that's 20%+ hotter than what Nvidia measures and reports from, you tech illiterate retard.
That's why the max temp is 110C instead of 95C, since where it measures is hotter and more accurate. Silicon can go to 125C fine, but previous measurements weren't close enough to the hottest spots to tell whether or not it's close to 125C or not so it's typically played safe at 95C.

Thought it was MicroATX only, I was wrong. Will probably go for that one. I saw a Silverstone Raven RVX01 for that price but that seems like a gimmicky and dated case.

So.... new 5700xt models are out..... and with them a really higher price than for a blower. Are they really that bad?

Should I get the aorus elite or the tuf x570? The main difference I see between them is the intel lan on the aorus one

Is there any good online european shop to buy computer parts that ships to all Europe? (the page must have an english translation, spanish or portuguese would be fine)

Cooler Master H500M or the Cougar Panzer Evo, which one should I buy?

What shit is this? Naturally grown food gives you autism? wtf people have been eating non Monsanto enhanced food since forever, with no problems.

There is a matx variant of the case, be sure to buy a cheap outtake fan

Ok thanks

Its a joke about the correlation causation fallacy autist

Depends where you are. In the US it's only $10 more for a Sapphire Pulse, and $30 more than that for a Red Devil.

No, the same people who insist on organic food also think infecting their children with heavy metals and letting them cut on their genitals is perfectly healthy.

memecraft is heavy, no?
you should Google, this sounds like something someone plotted for already

I'd go for most threads, a old xeon or a 1700 would do better

I have two 120mm be Quiet silent wings 2. Dunno what to do with the other one.

wait for prices to get stable in whatever shithole country you live in

Pretty sure you can mount it on top

it's a obvious link that autism creates organic foods

somebody?

go to geizhals.eu and look for stores that are willing to ship to you, I had a similar problem that's why I'm ordering everything to Austria to pick it up, but there are shops that offer to ship for a bigger shipping fee or at least should exist.

For example, the 5700xt that came out a month ago is now for 380, pulse is 420.

>Man I dont want those pesticides in my wife's sons body I better buy organic!
>Lets go Timmy, time to get your weekly 30 vaccinations, if my affordable state healthcare pays for 29, I get the 30th one for free!

thanks my man

this is my guess, I'm gonna do some light programming and some light gaming on it
maybe upgrade gpu later
sb care to critique?

if your going sooopacheap don't get nvmeme just a regular hdd
Rly wish you would do 3200g but alas, we don't choose our budgets

I gonna do some light programming and some light gaming on it
possible gpu upgrade later
for the case i thought something like CHIEFTEC CI-01B-OP
anybody care to critique?

Well I wanted to go for a xeon 4730 (or similair name) but after some research it turns out a minecraft server really needs single core performance. Running on 6 virtualized 1600 cores works as should be (with normal gameplay about 20% usage) with like 4 people already, so I don't think 1200 would do that much worse. Might go for a 1600 or 1700 because they're getting cheaper secondhand though.
But I was wondering if there might be an intel low power cpu specifically for the single core performance, because cheap for older gens.

intlel don't really do cheap single core perf

celeron and i3 are all cheap and do something like 2ghz at best, honestly not worth it over the price perf of a 1600

>>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

So this type of case. Anybody have it? Are they good, can they stuff in a classic atx board and long gpu?
Also i need some case to transfer easily, is this a good one or does anybody knows some that come with a handle?

Attached: a case.jpg (360x360, 26K)

they should have those numbers listed on their website, and I'm sure pcpp has it

afaik they run hot because getting airflow inside them is hard, but not impossible

also you cant really rgb them

>celeron and i3 are all cheap and do something like 2ghz at best
What are you talking about, 9100f has a base frequency of 3.6ghz and a celeron G4900 has a base frequency of 3.1ghz

>replying to own post
AMDrones are getting desperate

Is 32 gigs of ram overkill for just gaming? I don't play a ton of recent AAA games but most of them recommend 16 gigs at least and firefox is usually eating up like 4 gigs because it's shit. I don't mind paying more for it but is it stupid to go for 32?

I want to be able to play most games at 1080p at high fps for a few years, could this build do that? Am I fucking up or wasting money anywhere here? I haven't built a PC before.

pcpartpicker.com/list/D4c729

Attached: 1552143827874.png (512x499, 207K)

It's good for mITX builds.
Not transportable.

Front is a giant fan.

16 is actually bare minimum for a decent 2019 PC

i'd say it's future proof
With games and nothing else we could see usage up to 16gb since developers are getting lazier, also if you want to stream/have tabs opened and watch something, 16 gb is already borderline on newer AA titles.

I don't get the impression browsers are going to get any more efficient so I'd get more anyways.

Yeston (also HIS, Asrock) reviews fucking when?
Doubt they could approach Red Devil but if it's as good as Strix or Pulse I might get a pink gpu

Attached: image.png (450x381, 14K)

not the old ones
and compared to their bigger versions that's nothing. they could have a dedicated market for single thread performance if we could have a i3 that can boost to 5ghz just like a i9, even if only with 4c4t

Should you use the motherboard chipset drivers, or the latest AMD/Intel ones?

>intlel 600p
no, trash this. get any other ssd that isnt a400, intlel or wd green
>OEM w10
no, get the key off a site like scdkey, they resell in bulk and you can get it for like 30usd at most
>2060s for 1080p144
do you believe in raytrace? this GPU won't do. get a 5700 or the xt, you could update to the 2070s if you want but I'd wait for the next series or amd ray trace gpu

2070 super founders edition or 5700 xt aib, I'll buy whichever one gets more votes

>pcpartpicker.com/list/2v3j8Y
Get the cheaper SU800 or MX500 instead.
Also can't you get the 2400G for only like $20 more? Well worth it for the extra threads.

5700 xt red devil

>pcpartpicker.com/list/D4c729
Pretty hilariously bad build. All that money to play at 1080p with a 2060.
pcpartpicker.com/list/wQFgD2 Around the same price and much better.
Get a grey market Win10 key for

theres legit zero point in paying for a 2070S with how close the new 5700 XT AIBs are at a fraction of the price unless you're brand loyal. So really you should choose between the 2080s or the 5700XT, if money is no option get the 2080 and if you are on a budget then the obvious choice is the 5700XT.

Im pulling the trigger on a 9700k, and i want a z390 mobo that has 6+ usb ports. What’s the best i can get thats

Attached: A55ACD94-8C1E-450D-BB26-DB4AF3CE58D2.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Cope, Radeon temps are dogshit, green team all the way

>So really you should choose between the 2080s or the 5700XT,
Yeah except paying $700 for a card with 8GB of VRAM holding it back at that level of performance and destroying its potential longevity is retarded.

Only cards worth considering is the 570, 580, SOMETIMES the 590/1660/1660ti depending on sales as their MSRP are too high, 5700, 5700xt, and 2080ti.

huh

Attached: 5700xt temp.png (682x916, 54K)

you can ignore this moron its his first time here after discovering LTT on youtube and probably coming from /v/ or Jow Forums.

Why blower 5700

Why not? It's just as quiet as the 2060 Super and it's cheap.

It's just the XT you don't want to use the blower with since it uses about 27% higher power without having a better cooler.
I think the Pulse is $10 more if you can find it. Or hell, for the price of that overpriced 2060 you could get the Red Devil, even, and have something completely silent. I don't care, any of those 3 options are fine.

Attached: cope with your lies.png (757x794, 47K)

pcpartpicker.com/product/QXTPxr/acer-kg271u-abmiipx-270-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-kg271u-abmiipx
Is this good for the price?

How much RGB lighting do you use?

none

Attached: rgb.gif (350x409, 437K)

Just the one on my Wraith Prism because I haven't bothered to connect the USB cable to disable it, but it's going to be replaced in a couple weeks anyway so it doesn't bother me too much.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (644x800, 71K)

I have a Thinkpad T420 and I hate all the Lenovo bloatware. I'm reinstalling 7 when I get my new M2 tomorrow, and I was wondering if I needed to reinstall their software or if Windows could manage everything on its own.

What about decently priced used 1080 Ti? I've been seeing a few EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 for $380-450 and I was leaning towards snagging one of those to hold me over till 5900/5950 XT release or 2080 Ti price comes down.

Everything but the monitor.

Good luck finding a 1080Ti for under $350.
>$450
You can get a new RX 5700 XT Red Devil for less. You'd have to be a retarded Nvidia fanboy to do that.

Monitor:
-Waiting for review of LG 27gl850

PC parts:
-CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X
-GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 Advanced
-MB: X570 Aorus Elite
-Storage1: 970 Evo (250GB)
-Storage2: 860 Evo ( 1TB) 2.5" SATA
-RAM: Not sure which brand as want CPU might benefit from specific manufacturers but up to 32GB, maybe 16GB
-Cooling: NH-D15 Dual Radiator
-Case: Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D

Price:
-Plan to fit in ~1800-2300£ range

Mostly I have figured out which parts to pick, however there are a few that I am unsure and would love to hear what others think. So
-GPU and MB custom versions. There are so many versions of 2070Super and x570 that I am just not sure what would be the best option performance/cost wise
-RAM. I haven't done any research on this part yet, but have heard that certain RAM manufacturers work better with 3700x CPU
-Monitor. Would like to have 2K 144Ghz monitor, not sure which one to pick though. Got hyped by LG as they are releasing this nice "1ms" response IPS monitor, however I do feel that it will be a flop and I need some back up. Would be great to hear any suggestions.

Please let me know if this build has some parts that don't realy make sence together!

>Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards
In what year can $400 buy me a better card than the 5700XT?

>MSI aib 5700 XT expected to be delivered today
>Get message "dispatch has been delayed"
>Have to wait till Monday now.
>Ironically my pc is done the day before my holiday ends.
Just fuck my shit up senpai

What happened to the rest of the GPU recommendations?

1080p
>1660 Ti (on sale ~$230) or Vega 56 (on sale ~$270) - high FPS
>RX 5700 (on sale RX 5700 (on sale RX 5700XT - better, recommended. Get AIB model close to MSRP of $400
>RTX 2070 Super - standard
>RTX 2080 Ti - best performance with extremely poor value

mid 2000s would get you a mid range for 200$

I need a laptop with ultra high definition (3840 × 2160) but very low power usage. What do?

you think you're suffering?
my PC is finished since the 7 july and have to wait till early sept to get my GPU and i don't have an old one to plug in the mean time

Attached: 1565714946216.png (2408x1996, 414K)

Nvidia drivers are so comfy, AMD is gay.

>buying newly released cards with zero availability

Besides MSI motherboards are there other good b450 motherboards?

>buying a card that is about to be replaced

Everything is overpriced right now so you shouldn't buy those. Apparently.

I built a zen2/navi PC but everything worked and now I have nothing to shitpost about.

What's a good case without a side window? I'm not really into the RGB meme.

Everything that's not the RX 570 and RX 5700 XT is overpriced. But if you don't want either of those GPUs, this is the best you can do.

>PCIe 4.0 already obsolete

Attached: 1566073479705.png (817x593, 618K)

What is even the point, also housefires. Housefires everywhere.

when will all those mighty aftermarket 5700 XT become fucking available?
why is it taking so long?

Pristine 1080Ti Strix with warranty or wait for a 5700XT Nitro+?

Partners gave up upon seeing the 5700 sales flop so they're just goofing around because there's 0 demand.

What does pic related mean?
I'm going to buy two 3200 ram sticks but the pic says 3200 is over clock.
Does that mean that if I turn on the PC the ram will run at a lower speed?
And do I have to select the correct one on the motherboard and is it safe and recommended?

Attached: Screenshot_20190817-215220_Brave.png (643x428, 81K)

How's the stock cooler that comes with AMD's 3900X?

Attached: 653381-amd-ryzen-9-3900x-8.jpg (810x456, 125K)

price?

Sup Jow Forumsuys. Where can I find the cheapest possible price for pic related? Ebay has one listed at $90 used "lightly used" in the box.

Attached: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GH LP OC.jpg (1500x1125, 140K)