For the last 6 months I have been running next experiment: I would not play video games or eat until I have...

For the last 6 months I have been running next experiment: I would not play video games or eat until I have worked/studied for 10 hours. For every 10 hours I have spent working I would play vidiya for an hour. So if I have worked for 15 hours on a given day I would treat myself with 1 hour and 30 minute session.
I log what I do everyday in an excel. I make a graph of how many hours I have spent on working and studying, how many hours I have spent while being detracted and so on. Also, I log my mood (depressed, normal or happy).
So after running this experiment for the last 6 months, I have gathered enough date to say that my productivity almost doubled and times which would usually spend on being unproductive has decrease by nearly 400%. My mood has become a lot better. I fell a lot less depressed on a daily basis and more often fell proud of how spend my day.
Before running this experiment I would avoid playing any vidiya at any cost. I usually would think that it kills motivation and drive for any achievement. But in reality, in my case, opposite has turned out to be true.
Have you ever heard of similar experiments in academia, not just anecdotal examples, of people being motivated by 'negative' habits (for example drug usage)?

Attached: Janiv_railway_station_in_Chernobyl_Zone_22.jpg (2832x2128, 2.66M)

Being motivated by failure is quite common. A lot of overachieving stems from insecurity complexes.

Heh. If I worked an hour for every hour I played vidya my productivity would probably increase 200-300%. Maybe I should try something like this except on a smaller scale, like an hour or two of work for every hour of vidya

>Have you ever heard of similar experiments in academia, not just anecdotal examples, of people being motivated by 'negative' habits (for example drug usage)?
None come to mind, it sounds more like metric based reward. There is some literature in addiction theory and habit formation that suggests
1. Denying a habit is counterproductive and the better solution is to reinforce the belief that one is able to do something as much as one wants (you merely change what you want), which avoids resistance and relapse. This works both ways and can reinforce good habits.
2. Goals based on repeated processes instead of concrete ends more readily increase serotonin levels and are more viable long term.
You’re also intermittent fasting which has some positive neurological effects.

>or eat
Why not eat though?
During workdays I only eat in the morning and then in the evening, that's about 11 hours of not eating or drinking water.

There’s a long history of studies on reward and ‘insufficient reward’ leading to intrinsic motivation and attitude change and I vaguely remember a communist psyop that led to cessation of reward seeking.

This thread is all screwed up. Its like crazy people talking on the bus

Attached: 1562500219128.jpg (699x699, 29K)

It isn't, you are just young and or stupid.

Once I got on a public bus with a friend and said something about kratom, I can't remember why. But this guy sitting near us was apparently a kratom user and proceeded to go on a 30 minute rant to me about why kratom is so great.

> or eat
There's something mentally wrong with you if (a) you thought that was a good idea and (b) it actually worked.

I'm glad to hear that your motivations work like a dog does, but personally I find it better to just cut out distractions and let motivation flow naturally.

Yeah, and we all know how well communists understood human motivation and how uncorrupted by ideology their scientific studies were.

More like experiments on pows in Vietnam through Chinese proxies. They may have been filthy behaviorist scum but they found some interesting shit that worked.

Hi, yes, welcome to Jow Forums, enjoying your first week here? Don't forget to purchase a Gold Account for the full 4channel experience™

>let motivation flow naturally
this is "b urself" tier advice

I'd put a lot of people out of work if I had that many productive hours per gaming one

>motivation
>flow naturally
I find that when I let my charisma naturally carry myself, life just werks.

Train your fucking bot dingus. What are you using for it?

Attached: 1560310605553.png (500x500, 92K)

>decrease by 400℅
nigga what?

SUB ZERO

>strg+f "stalker"
>0 of 0
the fuck I thought this is /v/ 2.0!

>let motivation flow naturally

Attached: you will not forget.jpg (891x891, 178K)