Does anyone know of a software to make phylogenetic trees...

Does anyone know of a software to make phylogenetic trees? Something that doesn't look like bulky shit like all the generic programs with square input boxes. Preferably something that lets me add a timeline and it CAN NOT be something that automatically inputs where on the tree a species goes like ITOL. I need to have total control of placement. Otherwise, I'm basically going to be fucking drawing these things in paint or something similar which is tedious as fuck.

Attached: Phylogenetic+Tree+of+Reptiles.jpg (960x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biopython.org/wiki/Phylo
onezoom.org/
bl.ocks.org/d3noob/8375092
etetoolkit.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY
youtu.be/e574WaJhW0o
maps-and-tables.blogspot.com/2019/01/almost-complete-timeline-and-family.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

biopython.org/wiki/Phylo

Attached: Phylo-draw-apaf1.png (846x635, 49K)

Jesus Christ this is the fucking shit I absolutely hate. Everyone with one of these tree programs all pretend like you know what the fuck to do with it and they all piggyback off of something else. If you don't already have encyclopedic knowledge of the program, you can't even fucking begin to understand how to use it. And all that for something that looks like it was made in paint anyway. It would be faster to just start drawing.

MSPaint

Yep. Looks like I'm going to have to do it all from scratch.

Beggar and chooser.
Make it in tikz if you're so smug.

That's not even begger/chooser. That's halfway to expecting someone to learn a programming language to draw an MSPaint quality image.

Quickly going through his link, it seems you just need to write your dino family tree in an XML file and the library draws the tree for you.
Advantage is that you can easily generate several trees by writing different XMLs. It also seems like the layout is easily customizable so you can draw the same tree with different layouts easily.
>MSpaint quality
This library can render to PDF. It also uses graphviz so I guess it can also write a vectorial image.
I dunno. Do your stuff in mspaint or with PowerPoint or something if you want to do it by hand.

onezoom.org/

Have a look into SVG / D3.js

Maybe this example would already be sufficient for you?
bl.ocks.org/d3noob/8375092

ete3 python package
etetoolkit.org/

You guys know I can google too, right? I'm not looking for shit I have to learn to fucking code to use.

Then do it in paint. Don't act surprised when people expect you to have basic technical skills when you post on a technology board.

Attached: nice.png (402x443, 72K)

get fucked retard

You know nothing else is like this, right? If I need an extension for a browser or want to convert a file to a PDF I don't need to learn a new fucking language. You retards are high off the smell of your own ass fumes.

>If I need an extension for a browser or want to convert a file to a PDF I don't need to learn a new fucking language.

uh, how do you figure? just because some of your meme workflows are well encapsulated in UIs and DSLs doesn't make them an expression of language in it of themselves.

You have no concept of normal, do you?

normalcy is learning how to use tools to enable you to accomplish employable tasks or tasks of importance.

The only concept I lack, is the level of sympathy I have for retarded begging cucks such as yourself.

Good luck with your career if you expect there to be a tool or a browser extension perfectly fitted for anything you want to achieve.

Normal is not taking more energy to learn complex bullshit to do something less well than you could with simpler tools. That is autism. You're on the spectrum.

What makes you believe I have a career in computer programming bullshit?

In any field you have to learn new technologies and figure out stuff on your own. Faget

You don't have to code in even half of careers you peanut-brain. Does your boss never let you leave the cubicle to experience the real world?

>this level of cope

jesus kid. you're so replaceable it hurts.

There is no cope. You're literally delusional. You're claiming shit that simply isn't real.

I created a phylogenetic tree, dunno if that helps

Attached: phylogenetic-tree.png (1420x956, 513K)

I did not say. New technologies does not have to mean programming at all. You linseed brain

>New technologies does not have to mean programming at all.

it does if no one has made some special snowflake tool for massive cope tard losers such as yourself. if you need this problem solved so fucking bad, why don't you pay some fuck on freelancer to write you a cute lil gui for your faggy ass? if it's so mission critical that you don't take some time out of your meaningless life to learn how to use some shitty python DSL in something as powerful as jupyter to do whatever fag shit you need to accomplish, then shut the fuck up and pay up you literal faggot. otherwise, get the flying fuck out of here bitch ass hoe.

If you're not willing to have a life outside of CS autism, why should you be allowed to live?

Why do you want to draw the tree, what exactly should the tree depict?

Just curious

Extinct animals.

Op, I have bad news for you. "If we want America to stay on the cutting edge, we need young Americans like you to master the tools and technology that will change the way we do just about everything". This statement comes from no one less than the former president of the united states.
Better get in there before it's too late. Forget your dead animals. They are long gone. Let them go.
youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY

Attached: obama-on-CS.png (2402x1272, 2.43M)

I don't want America to stay on the cutting edge.

If you don't want to touch any code, I'd recommend using adobe illustrator to draw the tree.

Not really what you asked
youtu.be/e574WaJhW0o

Correct way to do it is PHP, make a table with data.
Then you can make screenshot of html.
Or make image itself in PHP

Thanks for giving me an idea for my next project.

Now this is pod racing

Gnuclad If you run Linux.

Example file: maps-and-tables.blogspot.com/2019/01/almost-complete-timeline-and-family.html

Use tikz.

Too bad, use paint and have it look like absolute garbage.

>extension for a browser or want to convert a file to a PDF
What
The
Fuck
Is
Wrong
With
You