There are people who started programming at 5 years old

>there are people who started programming at 5 years old

Attached: 34F7439A-15E5-4ECE-B8BC-AA36EB4CE22C.jpg (1898x2274, 250K)

Your point being?

>there are people who literally dream in code

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

you are right it is too unfair advantage plus they can learn now everything so easily on the Internet, how can we even compare?

Attached: 1558973001225.png (382x390, 142K)

I technically started programming at 10 too but never learned to make anything beyond basic shit to automate some tasks and get through college

i dream in assembly

programming is something you either get or you don't

I often compile stuff in my dreams

i can't see dreams.

One day, they'll be your lead engineers and architects. That still leaves you able to become part of their workforce and get paid well if you apply yourself. Be likeable, inquisitive, and eager to learn from them and they'll value you.
>t. brainlet who works in tech, makes 100k/yr, and embodies all the advice he gave you
p.s. my income ceiling is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 125k-150k and the time is coming for me to start looking for that somewhere else

It helps me cope that these kids will die kissless virgins.But then I'm reminded that the only women I've made out with and had sex with are hookers...

What is the issue? Must you really be the best programmer in the world? Bach's Passions exist, yet you probably do not listen to them exclusively. Shakespeare's plays and poems exist, yet you still speak English without worrying whether you've utilized the language to its absolute pinnacle of excellence. A carpenter does not lament that he has not yet built the Parthenon. Just because it's not as good as it could be does not mean it's bereft of utility.

I don't even have dreams

Attached: 1539911276389.jpg (720x709, 47K)

So? There are people who learned French when they were 2 years old.

join the club
and when I do dream, it doesn't even feel real. I hear other people talk about their dreams as if it were real life, but for me it's more like a story in my head with vague imagined scenes.

I know the feeling

I have an intense hate for people younger than me.

Especially if they are better, make more money, have more knowledge. Even some in my extended family, cousins etc I hate now. Because at gatherings its all "oh what do you do now?" and I say "same as the past year(s)" "oh cool, xxx here just graduated, is learing chinese, programming and the flute! :)"

Like fuck off all I want to do it drink and watch Netflix, anime and shit

But not really, I love to learn. I love to read. But I never do really. I have read maybe 5 books past year. I am stuck here. I am 28. I am so afraid of the future.

I know the feeling. I always liked technology and programming and enjoyed learning about them, but if I didn't have my job to drive me to learn new things, I'd literally be wasting away doing nothing. I don't understand why it is like it is.

I literally have no dreams. I go months without having dreams and when I do is some mini movie. My pops dream every night and his dreams are crazy stuff like a blockbuster movie. He remembers it all. Weird stuff.

So? If you enjoy doing it do it...

same here
altough im pretty sure my retard brain juat disposes of them asap because dreams I do remember is when I wake up from deep sleep

I can compile and just in time execute code in my head

I started around 10, just messing around in QBasic, Turbo Pascal and a bit of Assembly because that's what dad's home office DOS 5.0 386 PC had. Hit the wall pretty soon though, I had no in-depth reference books nor anyone to help me out or point me in the right direction. It was in pre-internet times too so I couldn't even look shit up online.
So yeah, I ended up just playing vidya, only going back to programming some 20 years later. I'm a bit bitter and disappointed when I think about it and what I could have achieved with a little guidance, but what can you fucking do.

Attached: gorillas_5.png (640x350, 3K)

Are we depressed? I always hear when people are depressed they dont even get out of bed. But I do that, I shower, take walks etc. But nothing more really.

I always have this feeling that it is too late to fix. I am 28 as I said but if I was 20 I would say "I should have started when I was 18" and if I was 18 I would say "I should have started at 15"

That feeling always haunts me

>there are people who started doing anything at 5 years old
I wasted my life

You are sleeping too late.

seethe more roastie

Probably mean dreaming that their code works, because that shit isn't compiling in real life

At least i don't hoard stuffed animals

I don't know if depression is the right thing to attach to whatever this is. I'm this guy - good job, loving long term girlfriend, money in savings, I do what I want mostly and have a generally upbeat attitude... Its just that when I'm on my time, I just wanna shut off and play video games and catch a buzz. Maybe it's a testosterone thing? I have no fucking idea.
For the record, I'm 34 and started in tech with a lucky break 10 years ago, spent most of the decade getting underpaid and mistreated in a sysadmin gig before I landed the current one. I've also been, at my age, considering flipping the script entirely and going to school for medicine or something crazy. Maybe I need an outside force to push me to achieve things so like, I progress because of my job, I could probably get through med school because it's not just me wanting it but everything I had to do and borrow to get there, etc.

>be me
>started fucking around with computers at 8, writing scripts
>now 18, earning more than most people in the tech industry
>still miserable, feel like I wasted my teens chasing a career rather than having fun
>no friends or gf, but plenty of money with nothing to spend it on
>will probably burn out by 25 and kms
the grass is always greener, be happy with the path you've chosen.

I dream about math

To add to this As corny and cliche as it sounds, it's not too late until you're dead and buried. At 28, if you applied yourself right now, by my age you'd be doing whatever it is that you wanna be doing right now provided you're not a drooling retard. I think part of it, in your case, is looking at those 6 years ahead of you, realizing how much work will be involved, and wishing it was behind you instead. I fell prey to that mentality hard when I initially wanted to learn to code and I still wouldn't know how today if I hadn't needed to start doing it out of necessity. I still fall prey to it for more advanced topics, but bring conscious of it helps sometimes.

the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. the next best time is now

Attached: 1553987576716.jpg (1080x1080, 182K)

Dumb , all programming will be done by ai in 5 years

just get a cute cat boy trap slave?

tempting but I'm quite straight

that sure is an interesting reply, what made you say that, user?

you'll change in 2 years. Gonna go do some squats and shave to prepare to apply as your cat boy.

el goblino royale

I follow this guy on Twitter and he's genuinely smart. Went to college when he was like 14, works on a bunch of different shit, worked at some top companies and likes Trumps tweets.

>what is the tetris effect

also he's got some app for concealed carry law ameriburger shit
he's the definition of based and redpilled

I started programming in C when I was 8. However, that didn't mean that I could write a custom implementation of quick sort, but some easier stuff? Sure, why not.
Also, if you hear anyone talk to you that "his kid learned programming when he was X years old", then you should know that he only knows syntax and workflow of it. Such people usually learn everything else when they're 11-12 years old (at least I did and a similiar guy that I know personally)

>you didnt do anything worthwhile or interesting in your teen years except go to high school
There is no worse fucking feeling than this
People won this and that award
Learned this and that thing
Made this and that connection
All I did was play vidya my highschool years and now I have nothing to show

I learned BASIC at 3, 65xx assembly at 8, and C/C++ at 13.
I'm now (at age 41) the leading hand at a macadamia nut farm.
Being a "prodigy" isn't nearly as cool, nor as much a money-spinner, as you think it is, user.

>there are people who just simply are born better than you
There is literally no blackest blackpill
Its literally all downhill once you realize it

Attached: file_t2y39itxum.png (514x461, 291K)

I started when I was 9. Don't worry, though. I'm still a brainlet.

ITT: NPCs realize what they are based on signs such as "not programming at age 5," "not dreaming," "having fake cartoony or black/white dreams." using memes to cope, etc

i started programming at 7

i now actually like using JS

don't get too offended OP

what does it do