You and your computer are teleported to 1985. What happens?

You and your computer are teleported to 1985. What happens?

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (2560x2076, 868K)

i install gentoo

I immediately murder my dad

Nothing works because there's no internet

Shitty 1980's electrical wiring fry the computer as soon as its plugged in

Pay someone to reverse engineer it.
Patent everything in it that isn't already patented.
Become a billionaire.
Wait for World of Warcraft to come out.

Most of the hardware in your computer existed in 1985. We’re just able to make everything smaller with better tools. Those tools wouldn’t be transported back in time with you so people would be impressed but they wouldn’t be able to replicate your computer without the advancement in microchip building technology

i create the first crypto currency thus buying the whole market for myself and then crashing everything

I sell it to Lockheed or some shit so they can get a jump start on FEA because I still have Proengineer and Abaqus installed.

>I sell it
you mean cianiggers raid you and seize it from you for precisely 0 dosh

>technology move the world 35 years forward
>memes move the world 100 backward

Commodore gets a 7 year head start and the IBM PC is rendered irrelevant.

Attached: amiga-1200.jpg (4000x6000, 3.93M)

>>Shitty 1980's electrical wiring fry the computer as soon as its plugged in
Are you from brazil or mexico

kill myself from the lack of easily accessible hentai

show to governments everything i have on my pc without internet (cached pages, pics saved etc) about the modern times and hope they take measures to prevent society becoming like this.
then proceed to anonymously sell it to the highest bidder and with the cash go live in a modest traditional japanese house in a remote japanese mountain area near a river consuming anime and manga waiting for internet to become a thing and hopefully to develop no further than mid 2000s in its concepts.

How old was terry back then?

Attached: 1565441154026.jpg (468x589, 226K)

It'll be like that justice league episode where some guy goes back in time and gives a laptop to hitler.
Except if it's 1985 I guess I give the computer to Qaddafi or Hafez al-Assad or someone like that, idk

The tech to even analyze shit like 7nm scale logic was far from existing yet. They'd just destroy it trying to understand it. You may as well be giving them tech from another planet.

I sell it for a bajillion dollarydoos.
I then buy a unicorn and my own private island.

Until you commit "suicide" in prison

You can't commit suicide if you have a unicorn.

How can you prove your nationality or birth?
If I somehow survive being an illegal all I'll just live a life with no worries by getting rich off the stock market.
Wouldn't change anything and leave everything as it is.
If by the 2000s I get bored of seeing everything I'll do dumb shit like becoming a rock star or some dumb shit and plagiarize my entire music library. Anything related with the technology of my pc will just get me suicided.

Google where to buy new coke.
And then buy bitcoin for shekels.

>1985
>google and bitcoin
hue
More like buy up stocks precious metals and real estate at their historic minimums, resell on highs and repeat.

I introduce everyone to hentai.

I don't even give a shit about the computer other than the fact that it's super powerful compared to everything else which exists. No internet means I'm not doing very much until I can get a network connection. While I wait for that I just do something like invest in companies like Google and shit so that I'm super rich. Once the www is commonplace I can just use my knowledge of poor design decisions to fuck with shit and break things for the lulz.

Essentially I would be a total cancer on society.

I hurt myself again

>Essentially I would be a total cancer on society.
IOW, your life won't change at all.

Niggas always say shit like this in these threads like the '80s was all 8-bits and 160x240 pixel video games, but pretty much all of what's on our desks existed in some form by the late 1970s.

People would be much more interested in figuring out how the fuck they made it so damn small. The manufacturing processes are what really advanced over the last several decades through gradual, incremental improvement.

Attached: stella.jpg (800x762, 66K)

>Pay someone to reverse engineer it.
You wouldn't have to, you could just patent the whole thing as-is. After all, nothing in it is "already patented," it doesn't exist yet. It's only "already patented" from your frame of reference as a visitor from the future, something the law can't account for.

What's he going to patent? A computer? It doesn't really work that way.

I buy stocks in MS and Apple.
I tell people about al Qaeda and what they will do in the future.
Sell my computer to someone with a lot of money.
I prove that I'm from the future and tell a bunch of stories about the evils of progressivism and feminism in the future, hopefully curtailing that kind of thought.
I do a lot of cocaine.
I can finally fucking smoke inside buildings.

>al Qaeda
(((al Qaeda)))

I would start to work out. I want to have a really good looking body when the 90s hit. Looking forward to hitting the great 90s parties with the young folks.

I hope to find a GF on turn of the Millennium.

Other than that, I would buy stocks and sell before the crash. Then maybe some real estate, until I finally can start accumulating bitcoin.

I would show my computer only to girls I invite, telling them that I have built it by my own and that it's way better than regular computer from the store, in order to impress them.