What do you think about Gin? Is it great framework for websites?

what do you think about Gin? Is it great framework for websites?
>API frozen, new releases will not break your code.
this mindset seems like breath of fresh air

Attached: gin.png (1000x1406, 85K)

Oh look another homeless coder has a meme framework to sell.

seething Java / C# code monkey
your time is over, you are like the dinosaurs you see the comets r coming

Attached: saku-momoi-163245.jpg (350x490, 31K)

>golang
retarded language and toolchain that only retards use

Ive heard that Gin is one of the better frameworks for Go, but I think very few Go web programmers use frameworks because you dont need them. From what I understand the best web server to use for Go is in the Gorilla libraries, its supposed to be faster than the web server in the net standard library.

tell us more how good Java, C#, C++ is, I never get tired of hearing how (((smart))) you guys are for using OO for everything

>API frozen
how is that a benefit? If anything, that will just stifle any improvements. I've never spent more than an hour fixing my code after an API change anyway.
unironically true, most of the go code I've read is utter garbage and does stupid shit that wouldn't even be acceptable in pajeet languages

I love Gin. I use it heavily. Gets tf out of the way, really. I barely feel it there.

>never spent more than an hour fixing my code after an API change anyway.
Sweet summer child

>unironically true, most of the go code I've read is utter garbage and does stupid shit that wouldn't even be acceptable in pajeet languages
examples? utter garbage and stupid are words any 5 year old can use, if you cant back up your claims and just want to shitpost then go back to /dpt/

they're all code monkey languages too. use a real langauge signed by academics and software engineers rather than oracle inc and c-sux-n-co

just use net/http

It's fine for APIs but there's a few things you don't want to remake when making a full web app

Go lacks a lot of features, forcing insane amounts of repetition. There's less of a culture about writing code, most people only give a shit about making it work. A lot of open source projects I've looked at written in Golang just run fucking shell commands instead of using a proper API, most likely out of laziness.
Also, the error handling is absolutely horrific.

>using Go
>ever

Attached: gotards.png (300x441, 25K)

Gin is my favorite. I prefer to drink fresh local gin wherever I am, it's best when it has a clean flowery taste rather than when it starts to taste like vodka (when its old and imported). You can mix it with pretty much anything because it has a neutral but decent flavor, unlike other clear spirits which usually need a sweet accompaniment or dark liquors which have a strong taste that doesn't mix well. My only other favorite alcohol would be yagermeister and similar drinks, because they remind me of my first love, robitussin.

class Reply implements SarcasticResponderAbstractionLater extends FuckYouFactory

I could tell you, but I don't think you get generic arguments

>these shills
I really hope is just OP larping

so far zero reasons for Go being bad have been given except for bullshit anecnotal evidence given by Ive never heard a convincing argument to add generics other than to shit up Go to be like C++ templates, so far this thread is exposing OOP programmers for what they are as braindead luddites

just use python + flask for everything

Attached: python3-flask.png (740x579, 78K)

you got me. just playing. I have never drank an alcoholic beverage because in my country even though i'm an adult and enlisted for the military reserve I am not legally allowed to drink alcohol (or use any drugs without a script other than basically nicotine and acetaminophen for that matter). But this is a tech form so i was trying to attempt and make it sound like I was talking about a software not a drink

the amount of seething cope ITT
have sex incels

Attached: 1566056026038.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Actually functional programming can implement objects so there is literally no reason to use a language other than Haskell (LisP)

dilate frogposter

>Ive never heard a convincing argument to add generics
that's because you're a brainlet and don't understand what a brilliant language is.
Although I personally take it against slices,
>hey bro, you're a retard so instead of working on the array directly you're gonna work with slices, don't wanna raise an exception
>don't forget to catch your exception bro

Attached: golang literally for brainlets.png (862x325, 65K)

Chads only call cli programs because its the way to go, why write a new program if you can chose from 10k bash commands? Also apis are overrated in go, they are just c wrappers

>have sex incels
it would be a compliment to call you a whore because at least whores have people who want to fuck them, the fact that you have to beg people on Jow Forums to fuck you and that even /b/tards find you too skanky to fuck only shows females on Jow Forums just dogs in the street that let anyone mount them for a free fuck
>nb4 Im actually a guy btw

>he doesn't know the web is ogre.

yeah nice examples you fucking retard

shoot yourself

>go
>using it outside google
why not just write your site in bash and CGI? Its just as painful and nearly as performant

wow, not even php
I use java myself

How about you suck my python while I drink from a flask

I was trying to think of something comparably bad to go. Even fucking PHP has generics