So let me get this straight: Adobe built a crawler that inspects files on my computer and can disable them at their...

So let me get this straight: Adobe built a crawler that inspects files on my computer and can disable them at their discretion?

Attached: Notification_CX1_US.jpg (524x622, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adobe_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah. This is why real niggas pirate Adobe software, it's the only way to securely run Adobe software.

I just deleted the integrity service program lmao.

Attached: 795.jpg (300x345, 21K)

>running adobe software
yikes

Somehow Lightroom is one of the best photo editors out there, and I have muh discount copy of CS6 for memes when Paint can't do.

back to /v/, nigger

Look, I would gladly buy the software, but fuck a subscription model.

Well, too bad, goy, that doesn't make them enough money to be worth their while anymore. Welcome to nonfree software.

n i g g e r, go play your shitty games

Are you poor? It's 10 bucks a month for Photoshop and lightroom with a little bit of cloud storage. It's like the price of a netflix subscription for the leader in photo editing and finishing software that doubles as painting and illustration software. The old single license versions of photoshop were like $800

Fuck I would even unironically pay for "DLC" packs. I'm just pissed off that if I get a new camera, I have to subscribe or use some garbage tier program like Luminar.
FUCK Netflix too, but for different reasons. I could afford it no sweat. The difference with Netflix is that they are providing access to content. Adobe provides access to a tool. It would be like if JA Henckels took away my knives once my subscription expired.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Attached: 1525947245768-g.jpg (593x315, 36K)

No, it's like having your leased car taken back at the end of the period, except it's a much more generous terms of usage that comes with free improvements

>10 bucks a month for Photoshop and lightroo
I'm good. I don't use them enough to buy. I'll just pirate cs6 and they work just fine. I wouldn't pay anyways even if I had to. I'd just use gimp or some shit. fuck adobe.

Fuck off. If I need any of it, I'll pirate it. Again, fuck off.

Except the dealership in this case ONLY offers leases.

>I'm just pissed off that if I get a new camera, I have to subscribe or use some garbage tier program like Luminar.
Well, put up or shut up. You can either cave to all their demands, for both money and the ability to spy on your computer, or you can switch to free software. Or I guess you could keep pirating it and accept that it might break at unpredictable times, and that you might possibly just not be able to get it at all.
>It would be like if JA Henckels took away my knives once my subscription expired.
Don't fool yourself - if it was even remotely feasible to do such a thing, they would. John Deere does this with motherfucking tractors.

All the car companies really like the idea of you not being able to actually just buy the car and own it outright. They want you to owe them lease payments in perpetuity. The buzzword here is something like "mobility as a service".

car leases are awful why would anyone want software ones

>Yes goym you can only drive so many miles and then it's $0.99/mile after

>Adobe Creative Suite 6
>Initial release: September 1, 2003; 15 years ago

ya no

Attached: 1541748687737.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Oh and you'd lease your computer too?

To be clear, my main gripe is Lightroom.

You wouldn't download a computer.

>Initial release: September 1, 2003
final was in 2012 and literally don't care, it works fine.

you NEED adobe software for open and edit proprietary files (PSD and RAW pictures of $3,000 USD cameras) in professional workflow with Video editing, animation, and visual effects. And there more software outside of creative Suite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adobe_software

>adobe

Who's worse, Adobe or EA?

>Adobe built a crawler that inspects files on my computer and can disable them at their discretion?
If you read the Windows EULA, you'll find that Microsoft has the same rights. Whether you agree or not.
For something so basic and powerful, it's surprising how little attention the EULA gets.
Don't get me started on the Flash Control Panel. By defalt you give Adobe full access to anything seen by your camera and/or heard by your microphone.

To be fair, there are other photo editing software options which can open the proprietary raw formats of camera manufacturers; they're just garbage for varying reasons.

I would if it came with monthly improvements, new features, and customer support/warranty included in the lease period.

I mean, I knew the moment that alert popped up that it was buried in the expansive EULA and I had said "sure, why not" to Adobe. I did know about the MS crawler though.

>running Adobe software outside a sandbox
topkek

Attached: sandboxie.jpg (660x450, 112K)

Darktable

When will people learn that proprietary software is LITERALLY malware? It's especially true nowdays.

Adobe's Camera Raw it's well known to be trash and lag behind FOSS raw processors and propietary competitors in both camera support and quality, the only reason a lot of people use ACR it's because it's well integrated in PS and LR

imagine falling for the software as service meme

"The final version of Adobe CS6 was launched on a release event April 23, 2012"

Attached: 1560141616122.png (510x584, 357K)

um if you're not stealing software then whats the problem?

look, i would gladly buy the software, but $2000 is out of my league.