How many monitors is too many monitors?

How many monitors is too many monitors?

Attached: 1565357851434.jpg (1200x801, 273K)

1`7

Stop using technology.

Attached: the man.jpg (236x340, 12K)

Why does this man look like he's been photo shopped in?

however many are too much to be useful, ie if you work in the office and write emails all day, a single screen is fine, video editors/producers might want 2 and surveillance dudes want 3 or more, depending on how much they have to keep an eye on
and if all you do is shitpost on Jow Forums, 1 is fair, if you like to watch YouTube on the side a smaller second monitor is a nice to have, but not necessary if you manage your windows right

2. Single monitor is all anyone ever needs. Learn to manage your damn windows and get a decent size monitor.
This multimonitor crap was started by pretentious Macfucks who wanted to look like they were so fucking important with their bullshit that they needed two monitors, and the stupidity spread. I remember no one on this fucking planet having two or monitors before I saw fucking stupid Macshits prancing around thinking they're important.

I wonder if this guy knows how famous his picture is here.

Attached: e8sa4wy5e1731.jpg (720x815, 65K)

One more than you know what to do with

This guy doesn’t use his computer for work

>I remember no one on this fucking planet having two or monitors before I saw fucking stupid Macshits prancing around thinking they're important.
Multi-monitor was a thing before fucking VGA was a thing. In the early and mid 80s developers would put both a CGA and an MDA card in their XTs and compatibles, this worked because they mapped their video memory at different addresses. Microsoft's programming tools had special support for this, the program you were working on would show up on the CGA monitor, and when you broke to the debugger it would write its stuff to the MDA memory range so you could see it on the other monitor.

I believe some early CAD programs and various other high-end software used this configuration in similar ways.

Yeah but he wants to feel better about his loyalty to one monitor

Fpbp

I have a 32 inch 4k IPS monitor. I use 125% scaling. I have absolutely no need for another monitor.

At work I use a single 2k 27" monitor. I just jump between desktops -- one for browser, one for vim or IDE, one for some terminals and build monitoring. You cab only look at one place at oncr -- why would you need more than 1 monitor?

The only time I feel like I need more than 1 monitor is when I'm using a shitty 1080p display. With 2k or 4k one monitor is plenty

You know the guy in the OP is Jeff dean, right? He uses one monitor at work. He is literally orders of magnitude more productive and important than you.

>You cab only look at one place at oncr -- why would you need more than 1 monitor?
its faster to move your eyes than to hit keys to switch windows or virtual desktops. Instead of needing notifications to appear on yor primary monitor you can just use your peripheral vision.

Do you """""need""""" it? No. But its a more pleasant way to have lots of things open at once than having it all jammed onto one screen.

>Based and laptop-pilled

Our eyes are just a million monitors stitched together in a panorama

I'd honestly say 7. I personally use up to 6 on a mount, though I swapped out the top 3 in favour of a single ultrawide. If you can make use of them without duplicating content, you should be totally good.

What's the point of using more than 1 monitor showing more than 1 fps, when our eyes can't see more than 1 monitor at the same time and can only see 1 frame at a time?

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Attached: 20190817_230330-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

>multiple computers is the same as multiple monitors
Neck yourself. I like it though.

>have 7 monitors
>mirror the same thing on all of them
Is this guy fuckin retarded

I can taste the heat and humidity in that room and the noise drowns out thought. Based.

This desu. It isn't hard to get seven monitors working with modern GPUs. As long as your mobo supports integrated graphics and has two ports, you can use a GPU with five ports and use all seven correctly. That's what I used to do before "upgrading" my mobo to support newer chips. Now I only get five.

Nice hat faggot.

niceee

>didn't notice the hat
I'd like to adopt this user.

3 is the golden amount
>Main focus
>Video or otherwise heavily referenced programs on the second
>General programs and such interacted with semi-frequently on the third

I could justify a fourth for things dedicated specifically to the monitor such as a music player, but that could really just go on the third

Sort of. Many GPUs with 5 ports only have 4 controllers so they can only actually drive 4 screens. The 5 ports are just to give more options. Also, using integrated alongside a GPU will limit the performance of all video across the system to some degree.

>tfw work in game design.
>need 3-4 full screen programs at any given time

>Many GPUs with 5 ports only have 4 controllers so they can only actually drive 4 screens
That's something that plagued me for the longest time. It made me miss the days when you could just toss in multiple GPUs to drive multiple monitors without it screeching at you. Finally found a few options that offered full utilization, so now I have five monitors on one GPU. Video performance does indeed get affected, but provided the card and/or CPU are good enough you should see negligible effects. Very case by case though.

Get at least another monitor bud and I’m sure you’ll be better off

All I know is that throwing a low-profile 710 in with a 1060 on a 2600 CPU system makes it run like shit. 30 FPS in Half Life 1 @1440p for example. Don't ever fall for the mATX meme.

based

Just use 1 big screen

But then you can't have a vertical

>Instead of needing notifications to appear on yor primary monitor you can just use your peripheral vision.

>WILLINGLY letting blinking lights and shiny notifications distract you when you're supposed to be writing code

You understand that it takes roughly 25 minutes to reenter deep thought when you are disturbed, right? Email should be checked at most twice a day. Ideally, twice a week. No software engineer should EVER have a chat app like slack open. EVER.

These things are productivity KILLERS and you're touting them as good things. You're probably a web dev who never has think critically at work.

Dual monitors is just for neet faggots who want feel like they're deus ex in real life. Anyone using two is a literal faggot .

>Dedicated monitor for screenfetch.
Can't make this shit up.

no.

2 for productivity
3 if you want one to the side you only glance at once in a while, something like a music visualizer or a tiny screen to run top on.

3 is a waste imo

>email should ideally be checked twice a week
You're either the oldest person on this board or you've never worked a day in an office in your life

Based and redpilliado.

Based and focuspilled

4. I use 2 personally but would like a potrait one in addition to my two landscape ones.

2 eyes = 2 monitors

Based

Attached: hike-to-conundrum-hot-springs.jpg (1500x999, 119K)

Why do people still play Melee?
Ultimate is better in every way.

Laughing at the monitorlets

Proprietary trader here. I use around 6 but I can make do with 3 or 4.

Attached: DSC_0090.jpg (3264x2448, 3.28M)