Preventing pajeets from profiting off my open source app

I develop a relatively popular open source app for Android, and ever since it was released, I had to send countless DMCA takedown requests to Google because pajeets keep adding ads into my app and putting it on Google Play without my consent, or without even crediting me, sometimes they even sell it.

When I developed the app I only wanted to make it available through F-Droid, so I did not upload it to Google Play and I do not intend to.

So my question is, what would you do to make sure that pajeets can't do it. Here's what I already thought of:
* App intentionally violates Google Play policies on battery optimization
* I set target SDK to 23 (minimum required by Google is 26), and used an API that was changed in SDK 26, so that if pajeets change the target SDK the app will break

Do you have any other ideas?

Attached: 6fa1edfbeed0ceb6cf4bdd3a6cd9c8dc2dfa5c2376c5d34c304c9082825f8ae8.png (601x469, 217K)

Bumping for interest

Name the app "I eat cows"

hehehe

Just put your name as "Fuck Niggers" so when they can't attribute you without SJWs tearing them apart.

what license?

Lmao OP doesn't know and that's exactly why he's asking these questions?

>Do you have any other ideas?
nope, imagine if you designed a widget and put the drawings online
some chinks are selling it next week on amazon. What are you going to do?
Also you're cucked by gpl, judging by the pic.
The only sensible thing you can do is sell it yourself, and cross link the appstore listing with the github page or wherever which should kill their sales.

Make it open source but don't publicly release it. Sell it to a business under GPL for as much as the total amount you'd expect to make off it if it were closed source minus a small discount for the fact that they don't have the right to redistribute it as closed source. That way it won't matter if pajeets profit off of it because all the money you wanted will already be yours.

OP here
It's GNU GPLv3 so technically they are allowed to do it, but I want to make it hard as fuck for them to do it

Attached: 67321539_2467721186789764_6560196123800109056_n.jpg (607x570, 45K)

Don't bother with any of that. Just upload it to the Play Store yourself, keep issuing takedown requests until yours is at the top of the results.

It's an android app, dude. You can't release them and hide the code, since you can decompile them stupid easy.

Change it to a proprietary license you fuckwit.

There is still nothing stopping them from reuploading it. They already violate the GPL license by not releasing their modified source (or crediting me). If it's open source, they're going to try and do this shit.

I know, I'm not saying to release it and hide the code, I'm saying to license it such that you'd have to reveal the code if you *were* to release it, but then just not release it. Sell it to a business instead, and you can guarantee you'll be the first and only one to sell it to a business because no one else has access to the code, and you're not violating your own license in doing this because you only have to release the code if you release the app and you haven't released the app.

You can obfuscate it + JVM implementations are pretty lenient so you can have bytecode sequences which are technically invalid yet still run but can't be decompiled to Java or Kotlin.

This.

are you sure they rip your source?
export some logic to a server, add some internal checks about the executable name and variants threeof (md5 of name), but don't act immidiantly if one of these checks fires. instead, rewrite your data saving to be unreadable - and if your checks fail, corrupt local data, hog the battery. you could even use that user group to test android exploits, riddle them with malware etc.
which license do you use? it's prety clear rms wouldn't approve any of this

'sThis desu. Also I apologise for my countrymen behavior. Life is hard here and we try whatever way we can to make money for family.

Yeah, even if that means having no moralistic standards whatsoever. Garbage people.

Could you make it open source but with a convoluted mailing list or ‘’’Discord’’’ or anything free to subscribe but not instantaneous to actually get the executable or source file ?

Like a wait period of 1 week with a semi automatic IP validation on your home servers ?

The problem with code monkeys is that they’re ‘moderately’ resourceful. Broken Playstore check list can be good but is ‘banning Indian IPs’ worth giving a try ?

Something like Sadpanda to get your app.

Also if a google search leads directly to your git folder or source files try to hide it so it doesn’t starting today

life is hard for everyone. that's a pathetic excuse for being a shit person.

This

yup. you're right to keep it open source. only large entities have the money/resources to sue--and even then we all know they're just trying to set a precedent to scare people off.

too bad pajeeto aren't people.

Attached: 2010_047_331_611_DSC_2213.jpg (1200x630, 84K)

Just go proprietary or lock the source code in your private server and force people to audit for it. Also try to put some feature like saying on the booting screen
>This app is completely ad free. If you see any ad running please contact the store as this is a illegitimate version