This is the beginning of the end of Tesla

This is the beginning of the end of Tesla.

>Tesla has a problem
>Bring it to get serviced
>Stranded for good

No other car manufacturers do this. They always have a loaner ready for you to keep going.

Attached: 1551156652086.png (1864x1294, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

electrek.co/2018/04/14/tesla-battery-degradation-data/
teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/sudden-loss-of-range-with-2019-16-x-software.154976/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only rational reason they'd do this is because they have more cars requiring servicing than they do available loaners. Both of these would be caused by low production yields.

A very bad sign for an automotive manufacturer. This company has been running off fumes and good will for a while now, but that can't continue forever.

Attached: sonishi.jpg (1848x2412, 927K)

>Stranded for good
Everything I've read suggests that they (at a minimum) provide Uber credits, which is functionally the same (or even better than) what several other OEMs do, which is offer a one-way shuttle.

>The only rational reason they'd do this is because they have more cars requiring servicing than they do available loaners
Sounds like a rational cost-cutting measure to me. You can argue that it has negative effects, but it's really up to them to decide if there's a real business case for it.

Why didn't they just contract another auto company to build them in the beginning?

Uber credits is NOT functionally the same as a loaner car. I don't want to stand on the fucking sidewalk waiting for a glorified taxi like a poorfag, just to sit in a smell car with the heat or AC set to some fucked up setting and have to tell the rastafarian in the driver seat to turn off his music and stop trying to make smalltalk EVERY FUCKING TIME I need to go somewhere.

but driving is cheaper than taxis therefor for poorfigs

Because Elon Musk's ego is the size of a planet, and yet at the same time extremely fragile.

I work for a German auto maker. I genuinely believe Tesla is this generation's Enron and I cannot wait for them to go bankrupt.

Because the automakers know that BEVs have no margins. There's a reason why GM cancelled and crushed the EV1s

Taxi drivers are poor. Interacting with poor people is a fundamentally low class activity. It's beneath me. For an ostensibly luxury car brand to make their customers interact with taxi drivers is beyond the pale.

Attached: travis.jpg (474x266, 17K)

poorfags can't afford the car in the first place, or they can't qualify for a loan

>There's a reason why GM cancelled and crushed the EV1s
But then they made the bolt

It's worse than just having to interact with Uber/Lyft driving scum.

Uber/Lyft honestly used to not be so bad when the cars had to be 4 years old or newer. Weeded out most of the human garbage.

Now every time I have the misfortune of getting into an Uber, it's some horribly maintained shitbox driven by some mexican woman who can't speak english (california lol).

The worst part is the Takata airbag epidemic. You have about a 50% chance of getting into an unmaintained death trap with shrapnel bomb airbags. NO fucking thanks.

>>Uber/Lyft honestly used to not be so bad when the cars had to be 4 years old or newer.
What idiot will drive around a new car for literal minimum wage

Out of social pressure. GM does not make money on the Bolt.

And notice how they made it a lame shitbox and not a cool car? Because they know if they make them cool, they will drive customers away from their ICE cars, on which they have 6-10% margins. BEVs are sold at or below cost. There is NO BUSINESS MODEL.

>Uber credits is NOT functionally the same as a loaner car.
Nobody said that it was.
>they ... provide Uber credits, which is functionally the same as ... offering a one-way shuttle

>Doesn't have a spare car and chauffeur to deal with things like taking a car to service
Looks like you're just going to have to suffer with your middle-class existence.

>There is NO BUSINESS MODEL.
What about new batteries when the original loses half of its range in 10 years?

Lots of people. Lyft/Uber isn't in the business of keeping long term drivers. They get desperate idiots who don't understand vehicle depreciation and maintenance. Even the dumbest retards pick up this key aspect of the job after a while, and they leave for something else. But they're replaced by new retards who need fast cash.

Who the fuck offers you a shuttle home instead of a loaner car? Get the fuck out of here.

I've heard that the batteries in the teslas only can store about the same energy as 5 gallons of gas when they are new.
I wonder how long it takes for the batteries to degrade in the cars.

>I wonder how long it takes for the batteries to degrade in the cars.
The start degrading the moment you drive the car off the lot.

kys you racist classist assclown.

>Who the fuck offers you a shuttle home instead of a loaner car?
You understand this sort of policy is often at the discretion of the specific dealer, right?

>electrek.co/2018/04/14/tesla-battery-degradation-data/
Less than 10% after 160K miles. These things should last 10+ years easy.

AFAIK, they've got the best lithium batteries. Its why their old wrecked Tesla's batteries are selling like hot cakes and people are scavenging them wherever they find em.

Attached: battery.jpg (1580x1158, 285K)

Never in my life has a dealer failed to give me a loaner car. What sort of fly-by-night operations are you doing business with?

a random guess would be that the price of the new battery is more than the market value of the 10 year old electric car to put it into.

Even with this, no. There are zero auto manufacturers making money on BEVs right now, Tesla included.

The difference between Tesla and 100 year old manufacturers is that when Tesla flirts with death quarter to quarter with no margins it's considered innovative. If a 100 year old manufacturer ends their consistent 5-10% margins to go into the red for EVs, heads will roll and investors will revolt.

Wash your hair you filthy rasta fuck.

Yeah I was going to guess a max of 10 years.
Not a whole lot of time for a car desu, you still see people driving cars around from the early 90s still.

>implying 160k is impressive
I just put 6k on a car in less than two weeks.

>heads will roll and investors will revolt.
and then they'll get bailed out with taxpayer's money, again

tesla batteries out of a wreck do get reused, but wrecked teslas get scavaged because the tesla spare parts situation is an absolute nightmare.

I meant less than 10% degradation after 160K miles. So its still got 90% charge after that.

You do cross country runs weekly? What job?

tesla apparently

Just when their low-cost units are starting to get popular.
If they cut the DRM bullshit, which doesn't even have good margins, people would buy the car even more.
People in the United States want to be able to service their own cars and the DRM scares more people away than the slim-margins you'd get from repairs.

This isn't Apple, this is a car -- and people aren't willing to forgo 3rd party service.

Attached: 123.jpg (561x604, 52K)

I decided to do a road trip across canada and drive up to anchorage to visit some family. When you have a car that actually works, you can do this sort of thing pretty frequently. 160,000 miles would last me about 5 years with my driving habits.

Less than 10% means you'd still have 250 miles/ 310 miles per charge after 10 years of your driving habits.

Most Americans drive an average of 14K miles a year and this car is more than enough to last them 20+ years of > 80% charge

>DRM in a car
Elon can come and suck my weener, now that's an idea!

>250 miles per charge
Good luck with that in the Yukon. MAYBE if you kept a very strict schedule and made no detours for sight seeing...

>Yukon
How would you solar-charge?

teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/sudden-loss-of-range-with-2019-16-x-software.154976/

190 page thread about supercharging speeds and battery range dropping via tesla software update on model s.

I also worry about extreme cold that the batteries will be subjected to.
It got to -60 with wind chill for like a solid week this last winter

Forget solar charging (at this time of year it stays bright for almost 17 hours in Whitehorse), the problem would be finding places to charge at all, regardless of the origin of the power.

No EV will save you there. Lithium batteries love to operate near room/65F temperature. -60 will be death of any battery.

Who the fuck lives up in -60 degree anyway? Move the fuck out of the middle of nowhere.

You seem to have ridiculously ultra-specific needs. Maybe you shouldn't consider an electric car?

Meanwhile, the rest of the world will probably be OK with one.

A Canadian road trip is ultra-specific? No, I reject that.

A car that can only be used for casual commuting is ultra-specific. My car is good for much more than a tesla is. It is your use-case that is ultra-specific, not mine.

>first car manufacturer to start mass producing cars in the past 100 years
>the first car manufacturer to start mass producing electric cars
>surprised that they're having growing pains and haven't perfected everything when they've only been selling sedans for 7 years

I thought they had warehouses of model 3s sitting around

Nah just have to keep your engine block heater plugged in when it's that cold and you are fine.
It was only that cold for like a week then it was only -10F again

More likely they have warehouses of defective cars that failed QC, sitting around to deceive investors.

>If it's not the Yukon, it's only "casual commuting"

Kek. 6000 mile travel every week is ultra-specific. 6000 miles travel every week in -60 degree weather is super ultra specific.

That's what they said about gas stations.

It's well above freezing in most of the Yukon during this time of year. The temperature isn't the issue here, it's the piss-poor range (a problem that's plagued electric cars since forever.)

I was reading an article about guys taking photos of these parking garages full of em like they cant move them and they sit for months. Seems like that would just piss off investors but I guess you mean cook the books huh

If you're not a damn fool, you bring a jerry can of extra gas with you when you're driving somewhere remote.

What do tesla drivers do, haul around a spare one ton battery?

Attached: jerrycan.jpg (474x474, 17K)

>What do tesla drivers do
Well, they probably just don't drive around the Yukon.

Somehow, I'm sure that most of them won't be bothered by this.

Right, they put all the defective cars unfit for sale into a warehouse and tell investors that the warehouses are filled with functional cars as "proof" that production numbers are good.

I dont like the company but a fast car is a fast car. How do I get one of the defective ones when they go under?

Is your point that tesla drivers are all wageslave psuedo-rich fags who work 9-5 jobs and can't afford time for road trips?

>If you're not a damn fool, you bring a jerry can of extra gas with you when you're driving somewhere remote.
Yeah, just bring your luxurysports car into the middle of nowhere.
Idiot

Your best bet is probably to bribe the security staff. When the company finally implodes, I'd bet on those cars all getting scrapped.

>Is your point that tesla drivers are all wageslave psuedo-rich fags who work 9-5 jobs and can't afford time for road trips?
Most places people want to visit have enough demand that you can find charge stations on the way.

>electric car
Let this meme die already ffs.

This ain't the 1950s senpai, the Yukon is paved. There is absolutely no reason you wouldn't drive a BMW through the Yukon. In fact, I might get a BMW just to do exactly that next time.

>Most places people want to visit
I think you mean
>most tesla owners are disgusting wageslave urbanites who drive from city to city on interstates, carefully avoiding exposure to anything remotely rural.

>temperature isn't the issue here
Temperature is THE issue with battery range. Teslas have 325 miles range. However that is in average operating scenarios. In -60F or -10F, that range is cut in half.

>BMW through the Yukon
The BMW is hardly a luxury car.

>no reason
Yeah, can't imagine how all that snow and salt could possibly ruin the car...

Also, what mental condition do you have? Why do you type in that zanny, awkward way? Do you get off on being socially handicapped or something?

Well I suppose if you can't address the argument, you could just pretend someone said something entirely different.

Yes but it's not the issue in my case of driving through Canada because it simply isn't cold in Canada right now; not unless you're in the Arctic Circle, where there are hardly any roads at all anyway. My entire trip the weather was 50-80F.

>>The BMW is hardly a luxury car.
A BMW is a hell of a lot more luxury than a damn Tesla. Have you actually sat in a Tesla? The fit and finish is comparable more to a Toyota than a BMW.

If the entire trip is 50-80F, then what is the issue? 300 miles is standard mid size gas car range.

Also
>>Yeah, can't imagine how all that snow and salt could possibly ruin the car...
see: My entire trip the weather was 50-80F.

Do you get your information about Canada from cartoons or something? A drive through Canada is no more taxing than a drive through Montana. During the summer it's totally temperate, sometimes even unpleasantly hot.

its a smart debate tactic for when you're losing. cant blame him

I've been inside every model. The Tesla even has an integrated pneumatic jack.

You seem like a person with limited firsthand experience who just spouts memes and second-hand knowledge to seem cool.

Lol, your German manufacturer will be bankrupt within 20 years if they don't adapt

The issue is the range, temperature is immaterial because a tesla operating under optimal temperature conditions still has inadequate range. 5-600 miles on a tank is not difficult with a modern ICE car.

And even if you could only get 300 miles out of a tank of gas, you are again forgetting the matter of jerry cans, which trivially extend the range of an ICE car when gas stations are few and far between.

Nothing in a tesla fits properly. Everything is loose and rattles around. Gaps between parts galore. It's low class trash. Any informed and rational car enthusiast who's been in a Tesla will tell you the same. Only Musk cultists think Telsas are luxury cars because they're amused by cheap gimmicks and wouldn't know good build quality if it smacked them in the face.

You issue is lack of EV chargers in a desolate place. Not Teslas car lack range. This is more of a chicken-egg problem. The solution can be government intervention and fund some EV chargers across the few dozen people living in the desolate areas or just ignore it.

?
Just get a Ford if you want max reliability. We're talking about luxury cars.
You sound like a Lenovo Fagpad cultist too by the sound of it.

After reading this thread my faith in G has fallen to an all time low. Some obvious bots and traditional automaker shills spreading misinformation. Damn, it is so obvious.

EV's are here to stay and tesla has the highest consumer satisfaction and safety ratings. Eventually fuel will run out so why not embrace this pioneering now? Look long term. Short term is dumb and destructive.

I can't pay a tesla now. Rich people do. Eventually this will help me to buy a Tesla in the future because of the adaptation now.

Stopping for an hour or more every 300 miles is a huge drag no matter which way you slice it. For a road trip like mine, do the math: 6,000 miles / 300 miles = 20 stops. That's nearly a full day of lost travel time if we're being generous.

is there a discord of you ESL tesla shills or something. just spout the same talking points without actually understanding them

Any luxury ICE car (other than British or Italian, with a few exceptions even then) is more than sufficiently reliable to drive across Canada with. Reliability is not the problem; range is the problem.

Why would you stop every hour in Tesla? 60 mph x 4 hours = 240 miles. That's only 77% charge. Do you not know how to do math? Or do you think Tesla's cars only has 100 mile range?

Am I arguing with a retard or a bot here? I can't tell with this level of stupid.

Yeah, if you're an idiot maybe. The kind of idiot that buys utilitarian cars, only concerned if the car is utilitarian, and calls it "luxury" just because it's expensive.
I'd rather get a Tesla and an F150 than buy a Raptor and call it "luxury" like you probably would.

Attached: IMG_20190811_113029.jpg (1000x629, 71K)

Stop every hour? Who the fuck said anything about stopping every hour?

was right, you're all a bunch of ESL retards. I said stop FOR an hour, not stop EVERY hour. Why are you even participating in this conversation Patel? You will never be able to afford your own car.

here is your tesla street shitters

Attached: indian-auto-rickshaw-with-taxi-driver-man-in-fishing-village-kovalam-GDEACE.jpg (1300x953, 231K)

>he doesn't think the Model X is a luxury SUV.
Does your beemer have eagle doors? Or are Canadians so poor that they think a lower-mid tier car is actually luxurious in any way?

your high end luxury feature sir

Attached: vdchc06082d_1.jpg (600x600, 83K)

>Stopping for an hour or more every 300 miles is a huge drag

>wake up
>drive for 4-5 hours
>Have breakfast, charge
>drive for 4-5 hours
>have lunch, charge
>drive for 4-5 hours
>have dinner, charge
>drive for 4-5 hours
>sleep, charge

This is pretty reasonable, and you don't really miss out on much range by not driving for those 3 whole hours while you're eating/sleeping. It's probably way better for your health, too.

how can a battery capacity be over 100%?

>Being limited by the maximum capacity

Attached: laughing schoolgirls.jpg (506x631, 325K)

can tesla drivers still drive their car if tesla goes bankrupt

Tesla adds spare capacity. so they claim there batteries are degrading slower then they really do!

so u have 120%. Tesla uses only 100% now you are at 90% because of degrading. which means all spare capacity is already gone. so this graph is a Tesla Meme

Tesla has the biggest factory in the world yet produces and sells fewer cars than any European manufacturer.
Car is great, but you can't even order it without waiting
and if it breaks you are screwed

you are completly retarded if you believe this

Electricfags BTFO!

Attached: 1549148378393.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Inb4
>E-Elon just wanted to push electrics forward, getting bankrupt is part of his plan.

OH you mean there is spare capacity so you don't recharge to 100% every time and therefore doesn't wear the battery as much?

>having taxi service is better than a loaner car