Just how terrible are these to use?

Just how terrible are these to use?

Attached: Surface-Go-keyboard-and-mouse.jpg (2709x1806, 387K)

Better than a MacBook

fuck off pajeet

base model is only 4gb of ram, 64gb of storage. pretty insufficient. model up is 8gb ram and 128gb space but a few hundred $ more. too expensive. that's before buying cover and keyboard.

It's a great tablet in the hand. It's way too small to use as a laptop with that keyboard. That only makes sense if you use it rarely and in a pinch.

It's also a decent device to take handwritten notes with.

Theres linux-for-surface for it, works with most, good for what a tablet is.

>Surface Go
If you're gonna roll the dice with an unstable piece of shit just get the thousand dollar model that's actually half useful.

and I'm not kidding about them being unreliable.
The i5s and i7s are great to use but when something goes horribly wrong eventually,
you're screwed.
They're capable devices but seen as disposable as mobile shit, when they shouldn't be.

Friend of mine has one and it has the most obnoxiously loud piece of shit keyboard. You also can't take the thing apart without destroying it. Also, it overheats like fuck.

Basically, great choice if you enjoy wasting money.

>waste
I use mine exclusively now and I wouldn't call it a waste per se, they're great to use generally, but they ARE made to be wasted.
I could swear these things are programmed to self destruct after a certain point to get you to buy another one.

If you're interested but not rich, wait for something less shit.

what do you need more than 4GB of RAM for? They're not promoting this thing as a video workstation or gamer machine.

Please tell me youre joking.

Again, they're pretty damn unreliable, but the top models, when they're working smoothly, they're capable.

They're promoting it as a 2 in 1 tablet that can "replace your PC," and it does for the most part.
Handles all my work and premium gacha just fine.
But you're paying $1000+ for a ticking time bomb in my experience, and Microsoft will thumb their nose and stroke their nipples at you.

Their official position on "optional" covers and pens was so that customers could buy their own colors

>that resolution
is this 2010?

get a thinkpad yoga

Honestly, the Surface line are the worst computers on the market.

Want a laptop? Get one for 500€ with a quadcore i5 and 1080p IPS display
Want a tablet? Get a 300€ iPad
Want unusable bullshit? Get the Surface Go

What do you need more than 4GB of RAM for?

to run windows at all

>Surface Go
Terrible. Ships with Windows in S mode. Upgrading to full Windows really causes quite a performance hit, to a point where it becomes nearly unusable. So it's unusable either way.
Surface Pro is a bit better but still prone to throttling and not very repairable. Keyboard feels like hollow, flexy garbage.
Generally, the concept of convertible tablet/laptops is flawed because these sort of merged objects never do both things very well. See: sporks.
You will never use the Surface as a tablet and it compromises the laptop experience in an attempt to be a tablet. Just get a full laptop.

Blatantly false.

If not Surface, are there any Windows based tablet hybrids that are worthwhile?

Attached: 704.jpg (800x800, 63K)

>Windows based
No.

Depends on what you do. It's useable for a number of use cases and even runs a free games. It seems to be one of the few smaller Windows 10 tablets around so there's not much else. Just get the version with the SSD and not the eMMC. I read the eMMC version is slow as balls.

There are retards out there who bought that horrible keyboard? Just connect your own to it.

I got the top model for 500 Eurofag moneys and I bought a USB-C to USB A adapter for like 10. Where do you get 1000+ dollars?

Look up the Lenovo Tablet 10. It seemed alright from what I could tell.

>runs a free
*runs a few games
Yes, I'm guilty of phone posting

Looks like the quintessential Cuck Computer.

They're fine to use, they're just breakable, unreliable and the docking systems sucks ass. Thinkpad X1 tablet is where it's at.

>and Microsoft will thumb their nose and stroke their nipples at you.
kekle

yikes