So the company I've just joined is spinning up a huge AWS Serverless (SAM) project...

So the company I've just joined is spinning up a huge AWS Serverless (SAM) project. Anyone have experience with developing Serverless applications, I'm concerned that I'll spend atleast the next year getting a meme skill.

What you guys think?

Attached: 1_x_v5NRC3TTMt1MaYl1gMUg.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/lambda/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cloud is the future
T. Every high level management

enjoy having amazon read all your secrets and shit
hit your boss with a chair and leave

what does serverless even mean how is there no server

It just means that the server is outsourced to Amazon, Google or Microsoft
It's just muh cloud 2.0

There are servers, they just aren't yours, the idea is you make your business logic in these tiny little lambdas that get resourced and instanced as and when they are needed.

So in theory your application could go from 0 users to millions on the same code base. And you just pay for what you use.

Attached: sam_squirrel_1.jpg (149x212, 9K)

if it is (((serverless))) what do you need aws for.
no, seriously - it's just the same as before but you have to take care to secure every single backend part because you now have n^m attack vectors instead of just n. Also, the client can't be trusted with logic

>traditional - server
>serverless - servers

This for sure. As long as I can put it on my resume and emigrate for the real money, that's all I care about.

>serverless
>uses a server

????

Attached: 5432452345.jpg (620x951, 73K)

You use cloud services, but unlike the "old cloud" you don't use EC2 instances or containers to build the backend instead you just define an API that the client uses to invoke server side lambdas

I'm used to having my application and my database and that basically being it. The idea of using 4 different "services" just to make an authorised database query is very strange to me.

me on top

If anybody doesn't know or comprehend what a server side lambda is:

aws.amazon.com/lambda/

i think you shouldn't post about your company work program on Jow Forums
your fired user dont bother to come tomorrow

Attached: GettyImages-508364492-e1475570586479.jpg (1700x1536, 274K)

Some kind of meme term for what is essentially Amazon's own containerisation

>AWS Lambda lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. You pay only for the compute time you consume - there is no charge when your code is not running.

It's nothing more than a timesharing supercomputer / mainframe. Got it.

Attached: 1565907437385.jpg (618x348, 17K)

Ah, now 4175 companies worldwide who are planning this exact same thing will have to fire all their new hires. Just because that one asshole user couldn't keep his mouth shut. Shame.

At my company they'll be rolling out thin clients to all desks and having remote desktops for everything. Problem is we make hardware and when asked how we're supposed to plug in our development boards into the cloud, the response was a scratch of the head.

Management are clueless.

VDI should allow a remote USB connect or USB over IP or something.

Anything PCI or PCI-e based thought, SOL.

>serverless design - security has no part in the backend logic and databases
This is correct

I’ve architected a few solutions based on serverless arch. Mostly related to log ingestion and processing.

What’s the goal of this project?