When will Hiroshimoot allow webp image support?

When will Hiroshimoot allow webp image support?

Attached: 1466066265847.png (1920x1080, 715K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Hardware_implementations
p.Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does gookmoot do any development other than the 4channel/Jow Forums split? I get monetization is priority for him, but any improvements for us?

increase webm filesize limit to 4mb, then allow vp9/opus first

>webp
Supporting it will bring no visible benefits, neither will anons post more nor will they have a better experience.
>vp9
Deprecated by AV1 but we should wait until encoders and hardware catches up to support it fully :^).

>Supporting it will bring no visible benefits, neither will anons post more nor will they have a better experience.
Not having to manually convert or use extensions to post webp would be convenient. I sure would post more.
>Deprecated by AV1 but we should wait until encoders and hardware catches up to support it fully :^).
ThinkPad users need not apply. Everything made in the past few years supports it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Hardware_implementations

>Not having to manually convert or use extensions to post webp would be convenient. I sure would post more.
I would question where you got such amount of images to begin with. If you used any Google services, then it's your fault. Besides, batch conversion for webp images can be easily scripted and made as a scheduled task to process any images in a directory.
>ThinkPad users need not apply. Everything made in the past few years supports it.
The paragraph you quoted was about AV1. I know VP9 has broad hardware support but even without it, software decoding isn't bad at all.

never
fuck off google shill

p.Jow Forums.org

I used to think it was because firefox didn't support it. I guess the "he just doesn't give a fuck about this site" theory was correct after all.

Mate, VP8 has been deprecated the moment it was released, yet we're stuck with it.

>Besides, batch conversion for webp images can be easily scripted and made as a scheduled task to process any images in a directory.
Yes, let us reduce the quality further by converting it to JPEG or let the file size explode with PNG.

people have been asking for years for moot and now gookmoot to support the flavor codec of the week. It won’t happen.

Hopefully never

>Features with Jow Forums pass
>Post a thread/response

What?

Attached: 1491789468002.jpg (283x286, 47K)

Some boards have 4mb limit + audio, it's on purpose.

Just put your webp in a webm container so you can webp while you webm.

Attached: out.webm (400x400, 20K)

Yet we have VP8 webm that absolutely no one else uses instead of something like h264

Make it one second so it doesn't use tons of CPU for nothing.

No.

I know, but it would make sense to make it consistent with still images and gifs

fag

umad?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

when CIA adds support

>hiroshimoot
>gookmoot
you idiots realize that hiro is an actor and that Google owns and operates this board don't you?

no

Attached: 136d842474360d8a98666197c2c3ae02.jpg (736x414, 49K)