Buy Dell laptop with 16GB of ram and Win10 home

>Buy Dell laptop with 16GB of ram and Win10 home
>Thing is filled with crapware
>Uninstall crapware
>Thing still sits at 3GB of ram usage
>Fuck it, create a bootable key and decide to reinstall Windows
>Still nearly 3GB
Ok, fuck, what the hell is going on? Is it a laptop thing or is it because it's the "Home" edition of Windows?
My desktop has the same amount of ram and Windows 10 takes maybe 1.5GB, did I miss something?

Attached: 1549773698713.jpg (590x442, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/view/baatzs-workshop/baatzs-iso?authuser=0
extremetech.com/computing/212074-lenovo-laptops-can-reinstall-bundled-crapware-even-if-you-load-a-retail-copy-of-windows
downloadmoreram.com/download.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>But Dell laptop with 16gb of ram and Win10 home
Yep there's your problem

Winblows 10 is bloatware

Install a modded windows like baatz-iso or minimal Windows / Lite.

sites.google.com/view/baatzs-workshop/baatzs-iso?authuser=0

>Install a modded windows like baatz-iso or minimal Windows / Lite.
probably malware. stop using mod-iso.

The whole ecosystem is a malware / botnet. It can't get any worse.

> Giving your data to a hobby programmer

Or

>Giving it to a greedy company that is known for shitting on your privacy since years.

Windows 10 LTSC is what you need.

Bro you're lucky, my windows sits aways on 4GB ram usage and I have only 8GB

At least I'm getting something out of it when I give my data to a private company.
I sold my soul to google and I don't regret it one bit. They know everything about me, but their services are convenient.

Now to stay on topic, should I bother reinstalling but Windows pro this time?
I thought there were very little differences between the two versions, so why is the ram usage so high on my laptop?

>computer generated image of Asians
>looks nothing like Asians besides the slanted eyes
asians truly have peak inferiority complex when they refuse to generate accurate images of themselves

Attached: 1552112424748.png (1371x977, 3.3M)

the more RAM you have, the more it'll hog

my 4GB RAM laptop uses about 1.4GB at startup with nothing else running

>I dont know how virtual memory works

Please fuck off kiddo and install gentoo.

>give information to some criminal cuck I can't hold legally liable in my country for stealing my identity or stealing my money
Vs
>giving my data to M$ who I could sue for millions in damages if they stole my identity

Hmmmmm

They are mongoloids.

Install ubuntu, most things will work out of the box.

It'll load in memory the software that it thinks you're more likely to run. Nothing you can do about that. It's supposed to work like that, actually.

>It'll load in memory the software that it thinks you're more likely to run.
On a fucking new install where I have fucking nothing?

It isn't necessarily as simple as just uninstalling the bloatware, or even reinstalling Windows. OEMs are far more sneaky than that these days.

extremetech.com/computing/212074-lenovo-laptops-can-reinstall-bundled-crapware-even-if-you-load-a-retail-copy-of-windows

Windows is just bloated. 16GB is the minimum needed to use Windows comfortably.

Why does Jow Forums like chinkpads again?

Windows comes with plenty of software.

Thinkpads don't get bloatware for obvious reasons

>My desktop has the same amount of ram and Windows 10 takes maybe 1.5GB, did I miss something?

i think it based from your system ram, my 16gib ram laptop use 2-3gib idle. but my old 8gib dekstop use 1.5-2 gibram.

This thread again...
"Unused RAM is wasted RAM"

Fuck this thread
I have seen this issue discussed here for months
Why do I keep coming here?
And this is a good thing:
CACHE
BUFFERS

Okay I'm not the only one that noticed this. When i had 4gb RAM on my new laptop it was consistently using 1.5 GB but after upgrading the ram to 12 the background processes all the sudden started using 2.5 to 2.7 GB consistently.

Stop using wangblows.

Gonna second this. Just keep windows in a VM for the stuff you absolutely need. Unless of course you're a gamer or developing specifically for Windows systems

Install GNU, takes like 300MB RAM with a DE running.

Attached: Horned_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 74K)

It's just allocating RAM (pages) that it can quickly fill if it needs to.
It's probably 0s if you actually look at the contents.

Reasons listed in the /tpg/ OP.
Lenovo is shit and their consumer laptops are shit. Fuck the retard in charge of putting superfish in their laptops and fuck the retards in charge of removing ports and soldering shit in thinkpads.

I was in a similar situation with a Lenovo Thinkpad. If you don't care about battery life, I recommend installing Linux; it helped me.

Never used Linux much aside from some shitty Ubuntu/Ubuntu knock offs at school/work and I hated every single second of it.
Windows is far from being perfect, but I'm not a fan of change, especially when it's toward something not much better.
At least, I'm kind of used to maintain Windows and I don't have to worry about compatibility.

Windows only includes "in use" and "modified" in its memory usage graph. "standby" (what you think as caches/preloads) counts as "available".

Should be easy to prove/refute by checking the WPBT with a ACPI table tool.

Windows by default will consume about %20 of your ram

It is cache and preloaded stuff.
Autismo about having the OS use 400MB of RAM is stupid as it will impact performance way more when it has to load everything from scratch.

Windows dynamically uses more RAM the more you have available to speed shit up

>My desktop has the same amount of ram and Windows 10 takes maybe 1.5GB
How the hell do you manage that?
My PC uses about the same idle as your laptop.

This.

t. running Windows 10 on a 2GB Atom netbook, whereas my desktop with 32gb flatout won't go below 8gb if you're actually doing anything.

I make sure I don't have any unnecessary botnet running.
I still don't understand why there's such a huge difference between my desktop and my laptop.

Attached: wangblows10.jpg (977x914, 202K)

Everybody normal runs 4GB or 8GB laptops these days, 3GB bloat from a decent OS is not a problem

What's the problem? Are you using the ram at the moment for something else? Would you rather it already has what you're going to need loaded into ram to make it faster or do you want to leave 90% of your ram untouched and have to load everything from disk every single time and thus it will be slower?
Stop being so autistic. Unused ram is wasted ram.

install gentoo

>They are mongoloids.
look the same as every other asian

>buy 16 fucking gigs of ram
>shit your pants when it's actally used and not just sitting there
user i...

3GB is good for 16gb RAM

I mean I did the viper windows 10 optimization. Only thing I really have running is the Nvidia control panel and a program for my fan curve.

downloadmoreram.com/download.html

I am conflicted over OP's post.
How can someone so mentally challenged actually post on Jow Forums?