2019... i am finally retired

2019... i am finally retired

Attached: INTEL-CORE-I5-2500K-4X3-3GHZ-6M-LGA1155-GW-24-NOWY[1].jpg (512x478, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3800X-vs-Intel-i5-2500K/3499vs804
reddit.com/r/techsupport/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

goodnight sweat prince

I'm still rocking my i7 2600 without any issues.

If you are not into gaming/video editing you don't need to upgrade at all.

i replaced mine with a 2600k.

I still play some games on my 2660k

When the midrange becomes 12 cores, then and only THEN.

meanwhile i'm still using my core2duo from 2007. I might end up using it for several more years yet.

i7 4790k still kicking ass somehow here

Wrong. I was using a 4770k and after 6 fucking years it started to feel very slow. Changed up to a 3900x and now everything feels near instantaneous

LOL no! Imma use this bitch till it's fried!

>now everything feels near instantaneous
Give it a little time for the software bloat to catch up

Is there any game that would drop below 60 FPS in >=1080p resolutions because you use a i7 2600k?
Those benchmarks that show considerable difference in performance between CPUs are always like 150fps -> 100 fps. A considerable drop, sure, but with no real life impact as it's well above 60 fps (unless you're using 120hz+ monitors).

Attached: 17.png (878x510, 882K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1322x631, 135K)

If you're playing 1080p 60hz, you don't need to upgrade.

Based fellow poorfag. E8500 user here.

I don't see any reason to upgrade yet.

Attached: Speccy.png (761x503, 21K)

>still on 2500K
>2600K or 3770K too expensive to pose a worthwhile upgrade

Attached: 1498076313436.jpg (450x600, 20K)

>i5 2500k cant even handle font antialiasing

Upgrade to a Core 2 Quad, they're not expensive.

>toothpaste TIM
>I don't see any reason to upgrade yet.

Jokes on you, I delidded years ago :^)

I will never have to delid or upgrade for years :)

Attached: Aida64.png (611x558, 42K)

Not the one in my daily driver.

I'm still using it

Still rocking mine

Attached: Screenshot_20190818_170552.png (1600x900, 390K)

I fucked up by retiring i5-2500k for an i9-9900k.

Sandy Bridge was the best CPU generation after all.

I've seen some dips bellow 60 in Kingdom Come caused by CPU, some stutter as well.

goodnight sweet prince

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-113555(1).jpg (720x477, 116K)

my 3570k still holds up proudly to this day

Can't wait to spend $400 on a CPU, motherboard, and RAM upgrade I don't need. Thanks AMD!

I sold my 2500non k and upgraded to a ryzen 3600. I expect this to last for at least as long as my 2500 served me.

I sold my old cpu motherboard and ram for 90 bucks and now have a new motherboard with 16 GB ram, noticable better audio chip and a TB ssd. The amd upgrade path is quite cheap on a b450 mobo. It is a good time to upgrade now with memory prices being so low and the 3600 being so powerful. The whole pc experience is much better. Even chrome had hickups kately. Now i am the slowing factor again. Very rewarding experience.

I keep my radeon 7950 though. No reason to upgrade graphics since I dont play very demanding games untill RDR2 comes to pc and cyberpunk 2077 is out.

Then good for you but having 3X the multi-core performance can really come in handy when encoding HEVC video which incidentally uses about the same amount of resources as H264 would at a similar resolution.

>was on an AMD phenom something something until a week ago
>now on ryzen 5
>cant run win7 anymore
Good thing that photoshop cs2 runs no problem on wine now.

try the LTSC distro of windows 10, it was made for cash registers and medical equipment so comes stripped down and doesn't receive beta updates, just security ones.

Hey bro nice to see a wise build.

Attached: Hianon.png (602x609, 43K)

I think am done with windows, been using win7 for since 2006. Maybe I can move on now I can finally let it rest in pees.

C2Q 9550 and SSD user here, works faster than most new PC today for general day use and most non-gaming shit

Krita and Blender are really good these days too. Studio Khara is switching to Blender. Honestly if your games work in WINE and you don't need MS Office you're all set.

>been using win7 for since 2006
You've been using Windows 7 since three years before it was released?

How many security mitigations do you have installed? I hate that you have to sacrifice so much performance for basic security on intel systems.

but mine still werks and I didn't even OC it

>2009
my dad works at windows lel
Yeah I havent been using windows for the past 6 months or so, it was just sitting there on another partition I had for a just in case scenario.
I wonder how many people are just going to drop microsoft when win7 can no longer run on new hardware.

IIRC that already happened, but most people never install an OS. They're moving to win10 because it comes with their new computers.

Upgraded my 3570K to Ryzen 3600X last week.

yes

Attached: fuck you.jpg (1310x435, 108K)

So spend $400 for video encoding that I never do, the thing Incidentally have a 1060 to accelerate anyway. Great plan there.

everything you use requires beta updates

Sure bro who needs 4x the performance uplift, buttery smooth 30fps gaming is all you need.

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3800X-vs-Intel-i5-2500K/3499vs804

You are right of course. I'm on 1440p 144hz and my ancient i7 4790 non k is plenty fast for everything at that res although it won't hit 144fps in certain cpu heavy parts of games. You can really see it in the newer assassin's Creed games which use every cpu core and thread and use avx instructions but with an over clocked 1080ti I'm always above 60fps. If I were using a k version of the chip (it's 4ghz but only 3.8 on all cores) you can oc them to 4.7 all cores and that will prob beat most ryzen (even with ddr31600) on most games.

Any modern graphic intensive game would have noticeable frame dips

the framerate itself isnt a problem but the constant stuttering

HW encoding requires 8-10X the bitrate for the same visual quality tho.

rocking is such a reddit term

anything i don't like is reddit

>tfw still can't get around upgrading to xeon
Fucking sticker costs more than the cpu.

>if I don't do shit I don't need new shit
wooooooooooooooow

t. reddit

775 has no ME, best mitigation is getting a coreboot or libreboot mobo

>le ebin gayman maymay
My i5-2500k plays everything smoothly in 1080p.

Dude
I'm on a dual core, core 2 duo from 2008
You will never retire

What's the Jow Forums term for "rocking"?

You realize your processor is so insecure hiroshitmoot could read all your passwords and you'd never knew what hit you.

If they still included Haswell in benchmarks, no one would buy newer cpus.
It’s still technologically comparable in efficiency to everything after it.

Xeon upgrade.

Fucking do it already.

Not really true because the mobo is going to give in at some point. It's inevitable.

Using. Running. "I have ________". Normal stuff.

>b-b-but it's so expensive

Was there ever a moment in history were people were more wrong? I mean still to this day people who go with AMD have to upgrade each or every 2 years.

>Normal stuff

What a fucking redditor.

reddit.com/r/techsupport/

Attached: file.png (680x362, 170K)

Do they though? There's tons of people still using Phenom IIs. Those people can probably be considered the AMD equivalent of Sandy Bridge boomers.

Can't. Motherboard doesn't support it.

just retired my fx-6300 today, nigga did a great job for the price

Attached: 63738e8d.jpg (750x603, 63K)

same bro
I'm not upgrading till 2020 at least, even then I might still keep it
why?
Because PC games nowadays are fucking SHIT and I don't feel the need to upgrade for anything new that has come out

Wouldn't it be core2 quad or i5-750?

still on my opty 165 socket 939, come at me brahs

By normal, I mean not cringe. Who the fuck says they're "rocking" anything? Boring boomers and redditors are the only ones excited enough about owning an object that they have to use terms like that.

what did you replace it with?
t. former 4100 chad

What about zombieload, MDS, RIDL, rowhammer, and all the 10+ versions of spectre and meltdown or are you just okay with a malicious ad/script pulling your passwords and banking info directly out of your RAM without tripping any A/V or firewall alarms?

This
>tfw buddy sank 4k USD into a PC and pesters me to play some soulless shovelware and is a full blown graphics fag
Meanwhile '''''indie''''' platformers run on toasters or the new hyped game is some worthless fortnite clone for zoomers. Modern gaming my fucking ass.

:) thingken of buying e3-1240 v2

Attached: 3450.png (406x405, 27K)

My fucking fx-8320 is still gaming just fine.

Realistically, how is any of that shit going to happen if his only sites are plebbit 4chins youtube and maybe twitch? And even then he can just use noscript and be safe.

ryzen 5 2600

immediately better fps in dota 2

yeah it's a fucking joke, pc gaming is dead
Steam store is full of fucking TRASH

i got an fx-8350 after the 4100 because it was trash and now have a 3700x.
the 4100 was actually the worst cpu i've ever used but it was cool desu

Pretty likely on all desu and noscript won't protect you on malicious PHP pages. In fact malicious ads are pretty common here on Jow Forums and at minimum the vulnerabilities are used to fingerprint people.

Never seen an ad in years on all of those sites with just ublock/adblock. How is it remotely likely?

Basically noscript/ublock will protect you against HTML web pages with malicious ads/scripts. It doesn't do jack shit against the main PHP part of a website though (which can and has been found to contain malicious code in exchange for advertising big bucks).

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-18_12-01-13.png (631x320, 60K)

PHP is a server side language you fucking idiot. None of the code runs on host machine.

>4 threads
Maybe you're just used to the stuttering.

My 4790K handles my 2080 Ti with ease. Only Ubishit games I can't hit locked 60fps.

Depends on your use case. For me my i5-2400 is still okay.

Honestly though, why do I really need to game at 4k?
My 4590 that I got from a dead machine at work and a GTX 970 a friend gave me still suit me just fine. I spent $100 on a used board and reused the DDR3 and PSU from my old Amd FX build. Looked into going all new shit but I couldn't justify the price. $100 every 5 or so years has been working out for me

>Costa Rica
Is that my country?