Redmi note 8 announcement

>redmi note 8 announcement
>Exclusively advertise the fact that it has a "64mpx" camera
Why is camera such priority? That only applies to mouth breathers who chose phone only by colour. It's 2019 learn In detail what you are paying for!

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-8-Pro.jpg (400x260, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/8/8/20770385/realme-xiaomi-64-megapixel-phone-camera-photo-samples
twitter.com/Xiaomi/status/1161292843136237569?s=19
gerrit.aicp-rom.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Normies only care about sick camera specs with big pixel counts, and words like QHD to clarify that it's HD but more HD than just HD.

>not wanting 8000x8000 images

Do you have an 8000x8000 display?

No but what if I want to print them??

The photos aren't actually going to be 8000x8000 retard, this is the redmi note7 43mpx camera meme all over again

there is literally nothing wrong in buying phone by case-colour nowadays.
games are shit and every single one on the market is capable of running webbrowser facebook and instagram.

Attached: 1566035896211.png (454x520, 11K)

so... what you do with your phone to warrant all that compute prowess?

Check full specs.
Read reviews.
Compare models according to my budget to see the best option according to my needs.
Battery life is a priority for me as I spend most of my day at University and use it a lot.
Availability on cases and tempered glass.
Root capabilities ( for ad block and uninstall preinstalled Chinese botnet)
1.8ghz cpu 8core and above.
3g ram and above.
Less than one year old for updates and app support.

>according to my needs
yea, those, you failed to specify those, and my question was precisely about those.
what, you use your phone for fucking penetration tests and debbugin?

I'm happy with my redmi 7a, it's was cheap as fuck and have a 4000mAh battery.

What ad block do you use?

My needs are large battery, CPU capable to handle large raw files for editing lag free, enough ram for smooth multitasking as I handle a hotel business on Summers and constantly check emails/hotel page/my unis student system/electric engineering circuit app I need a lot for my lab classes and other every day apps (social media etc).
So yeah I can't afford to chose only by color.

Adaway

Some rumors says the screen will be similar as the Mi A3 so 720p amoled

Didn't they release Note 7 before summer?

Who the fuck uses Xiaomi phones anyway? Their "MIUI" is the most disgusting user experience and they have ads in every part of the phone too. Who in their right mind would buy Xiaomi?

They wreck on budget phones, it's the 5th most bought Brand, 1 place before apple, they give high end performance for

>they give high end performance for

I use xioami phones for the last 3 years I have never experienced any of that. I'll assume you've never used one before.

>64mp on a phone sensor
thanks but no thanks

I get the suspensions but why exactly tho

>Who the fuck uses Xiaomi phones anyway?
Smart people.

good bait, you almost got me haha

Attached: 1553791963702.png (1748x1544, 876K)

>t. dog eater

Attached: chinkster.jpg (528x723, 78K)

Today on fake news: the post

>I have never experienced that
>Getting data sent to chinese servers
>Never experienced
How the fuck do you "experience" that? Do they tell you "your data has been sent to our servers thanks XDDD" motherfucker?

name one single xiaomi phone (outside of android one) that received android updates

never saw a single ad on my pocochad f1
cri more

Ok except that.. you got me there

All of them

Do you think anyone's falling for your shit?

Attached: 1542611033229.png (1000x1000, 594K)

My Redmi Note 4 got bumped up from Android 6 to 7 along with a new MIUI version.
My girlfriends Redmi 5 got updated to Android 8 two weeks ago.
I'd say those are pretty old devices at this point and we're still getting updates

>Who the fuck uses Xiaomi phones anyway?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, millions of people? They're the fourth smartphone manufacturer worldwide.
>Their "MIUI" is the most disgusting user experience and they have ads in every part of the phone too
Anyone complaining about this is outing himself as a full fledged retard who doesn't even deserve a phone. You can turn off all the ads right in the initial setup process. Not to mention that various ad blockers and custom ROMs you can use on most of them.

>They're the fourth smartphone manufacturer worldwide.
90% of their phones are sold in india

>source: my ass
ok

>just install a custom rom sir it is very safe i make promise it is of good quality and safe from virus and trojanssir

>what is PajeetageOS for latest Android and security patches and clean install
Xiaomemes are dirt cheap tanks and do their job fine when you get rid of the stock rom. Camera always sucks though.

half of the features on xiaomi phones are disabled on lineageos unless they have support for your exact device model which is unlikely

and who the fuck trusts lineageos, it's literally made by 2 pajeets on XDA

Let me guess, 64mp only in bright sunlight and bin to 16 or 12mp in 'low' light?

The verge had some sample images using most likely the same sensor.
theverge.com/2019/8/8/20770385/realme-xiaomi-64-megapixel-phone-camera-photo-samples
At 1:1 the images look like a painting.

Attached: waterpainting.jpg (1400x1046, 393K)

Because you are not the target market.
Pajeets are.

Because phone manufacturers are fighting to the death the commodization of cellphone, so every possible gimmick that could justify yet another new model in this overly saturated market they'll do.

I call bullshit on that, maybe you bought a meme clone from china not a proper device, like the one made by xiaomi. The updates are there like the software, 0 restarts so far and google sends much more data back to their own server than xiaomi apps.

so does not google, your point being?

It's a 16megapickle dingbat.
Quad bayer is not real pixels.

>google sends much more data back to their own server than xiaomi app
install a network sniffer app on your phone and take a screenshot and let's see :)

pro tip: you won't do it because you are full of shit

>64mb
i feel like they chose this number based soley on the a7iv specs

Poorfags

Cope.
The ads are real.

That's noise reduction. Shooting and processing raw will give you somewhat better images (grain looks less strange than "watercolour"), but having 48 or 64 or 108 mp's on tiny phone sensor with tiny lens is useless, yes. Only reason why this is thing again is that camera mp's is easy to advertise. People tend to think that bigger is better.

People in 3rd world countries like India and GB buy them.

I wish there were phones without cameras. Like I feel I paid premium for something I barely ever use.

Sorry I didn't enjoyed so much chocking on google's dick all day so I degoogled it quite some time ago :^)

>the ads are real
yeah, for street shitters like you Raj

this is complete fucking bullshit and you have no clue what you're talking about

>Install xiaomi.eu
>No more ads
>Still get to use miui

Never heard of pajeeos builds having security issues. I trust them and microg more than any OEM vendor with outdated roms and Jewgle not to fuck up with my data, but not with my life or anything sensitive.

Basically if someone is willing to go through the pain of unlocking the bootloader (you have to register on their website with a working phone number then there's waiting period before they send you the windows-only bootloader unlock tool), if you're willing to do that and make do with unofficial LineageOS roms that are often a bit unstable or the shitty MIUI for a few months until the official LineageOS rom is out, you basically end up with a stock Android smartphone, ungoogled if you want, with flagship-tier specs, for a steal.

It's a legitimate choice for bargain hunters and tinkerers.

rn7 48mp when zooming looks like a fucking webcam quality tier thought. I hope they just lowering it to 12 or 16, this megapickle war it just dumb.

Pretty much me but for the Mi Pad 4 as it doesn't have a global version and only comes preinstalled with the chinese MIUI, which cames with a trillion, always running, chinese apps that drained the battery. Tired now of MIUI.eu and I wanna try lineage.

I don't care about meme mega pixel counts i just want a s8 sized redmi device with a 4000mah battery and 6GB of ram

Its 2019 and retards on Jow Forums still don't understand that image DSPs do pixel binning.

how can you trust lineageos

there's never been an audit and it comes with prosperity code and it's buggy as fuck and will always crash and more than half of the features on your phone are barely working

>pain of unlocking
oh no you register a working phone number, create an account and wait a few days, the fucking horror!
keep using your old phone while waiting for the countdown to be over ya big dummy

>it's buggy as fuck and will always crash and more than half of the features on your phone are barely working
maybe when its first released, but within months they are stable, again, fuck off with the FUD bullshit you disgusting Dravidian

They advertise supposedly bigger and better camera specs for phones, but then zoomers buy those phones and take photos to post on Instagram or Facebook or any retarded social media with some retarded filter that simply compresses everything so much that a standard VGA camera would have had the same effect
Shit like this makes me want to put my hands inside my asshole and tear myself apart

twitter.com/Xiaomi/status/1161292843136237569?s=19
Go back to:

Die die die die aaaaannnddd die.
So, what do you have to say about this?
Not to mention that almost all of their devices have good custom ROM support and you can keep getting updates well after Xiaomi decides to abandoned them.

>That's noise reduction.
I know.
> Shooting and processing raw will give you somewhat better images
If the image processor already denoises this hard for daylight those 64mp aren't going to be much prettier when you process the raw yourself. And face it, 99% of phone images are going to be straight jpeg anyway.

??? you stupid fucktard, 90% of xaomi's phones are sold in india and your shitty tweet isn't what you think it is

you can't even interpret basic statistics, get the fuck out, streetshitter

>90% of Xiaomi's phones are sold in India
which ones are they holding back from India?

i was poo on street when phone was ring, and you?

>how can you trust lineageos
There's nothing to blindly trust. Do you know how custom ROMs are built? Of course you don't.
You can't just randomly get your commits implemented in the final build and every step of the way is transparent and everything is required to be open source.
Here's a good example of a custom ROM developer team:
gerrit.aicp-rom.com
>there's never been an audit and it comes with prosperity code and it's buggy as fuck and will always crash and more than half of the features on your phone are barely working

BUT WHY CAN SHE PHONE

Nice slap in the face.
Wonder why IQ points started to plummet real fast in a thread like this?

Based Retarded fuck.
8,000x8,000 pixels = huge A3 flawless prints.
8kx8k also means you get exceptional detail for cropping. e.g. you take picture of butterfly, you can effectively crop out 5,000 pixels worth of butterfly.

>If the image processor already denoises this hard for daylight those 64mp aren't going to be much prettier when you process the raw yourself.
Phone image processors suck, some of them big fucking time. I remember my Z1 photos being raped by stupid algorithms, DRM'd too for that matter. I don't think much has improved, considering some camera applications work better than others, like the GCam ports on other phones.

she can... poo on the phoone ;)

Because there is nothing else in the phone to improve I guess? I'm still using a s7 edge. No real point in upgrading, though it seems to be a bit sluggish lately, but I don't care to have the fastest phone ever or anything, yet. Slight issue in that my work needs verification access through it and shit but that delay so far is only by a few seconds each day.

All of them seem to oversharpen and oversaturate. My guess is that they are optimized to appear as sharp as possible on a phone screen.

a camera is pretty much the only element of a phone I could care about
if you use your phone to take photos and the photos look better, that's an actual improvement, unlike 8k screens, finger scanners or other such gimmicks

Speaking of that - you should really upgrade because your cameras are a generation behind and a faster phone can't hurt.

>look up lineageos builds
>every single build says nightly
>there are no stable builds
epic pajeetware

I'm thinking of getting a Note 9 if they go on sale again.

ebin b8 m8

Not a bad choice. They've just recently gotten stable Lineage OS 16 builds. Hopefully they'll go official soon. I'm considering upgrading to it in the future and development picks up. The S9+ is another good choice.

If development*

Why would you want to use miui?

Looks nice and gets good battery life, gestures are great, and it gets updated weekly.

>few days
Try 30+

Sorry bro it was 2 For me

This has to be bait

Man if it doesn't have at least 10 cameras I'm not buying it

Attached: Honk Honk.png (209x193, 50K)

Is that a logical argument?
Then sir it has to be bait

I refuse to buy a phone without an attached microwave.

No, it's 30 at the most.

15 for me, the user you were replying to
stop being a whiney bitch

>not using your phone to take pictures of girls in public

/b/ is that way user, I think you got lost

Attached: 1553372045178.gif (496x368, 2.13M)

imagine being this fucking stupid

this guy is why we can't have nice things anymore

Attached: priv.jpg (2500x1667, 2.72M)