Where are 128-bit CPUs?

Where are 128-bit CPUs?

Attached: ll_021.png (640x480, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadmorebits.com.
howtogeek.com/175443/what-is-the-maximum-amount-of-ram-you-could-theoretically-put-in-a-64-bit-computer/
lwn.net/Articles/717293/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you need done?

I don't see why they would be necessary.

I have a few in my basement. Send me your address and I'll send you one free of charge. Alternatively, downloadmorebits.com.

64-bit CPUs can address a theoritical maximum of 16EB (16,000,000TB) of RAM, there's is no need for a 128-bit CPU to exist.

where are 256 bit cpus

IPv6 will only run on 128Bit

dreamcast, ps2, gamecube.... 128 bits
god your a zoomer

>pic

Uh....I think she's been in the hot tub a wee bit too long.

Attached: buy-giant-lobsters-online-sq.jpg (250x250, 18K)

16.8 million Terrabytes of Ram is your theoretical maximum when adressing via 64 bits. We won't be needing to change off of 64 bit computing for quite some time.

howtogeek.com/175443/what-is-the-maximum-amount-of-ram-you-could-theoretically-put-in-a-64-bit-computer/

Firstly, video games are zoomer territory. Secondly, I looked up those CPUs and they are all 32-bit.

This post illustrates how little Jow Forums knows about tech. 32-bit, 64-bit microcontrollers and microprocessors refer to the memory bus width, not the number of bits used to represent a memory address.

i don't think there are enough colors available for her to look any less retarded

AMD64 uses only 48 bits of the 64 bit pointer memory space

Register size doesn't always equal to address size (like in x32 ABI) you can use 128-bit for computation and 64-bit for pointers.

useless and not practical with current techs.
We don't know yet how to use 128 bits registers without losing cpu cycles and reducing frequency.
These "big" registers are ok in simd mode but utter shit in "standard" mode.

>The Efficeon processor is Transmeta's second-generation 256-bit VLIW design released 2004 which employs a software engine (Code Morphing Software, aka CMS) to convert code written for x86 processors to the native instruction set of the chip. Like its predecessor, the Transmeta Crusoe (a 128-bit VLIW architecture), Efficeon stresses computational efficiency, low power consumption, and a low thermal footprint.
GOOGLE IT FAGGOT

This, this thread is full of zoomers who are too young to remember the PC war of the early 90s.

Current CPUs' SIMD already is 512-bit, so...

Wrong

Wait until Chrome 100.0 shows up.

You misspelled "right"...

The AMD specification requires that the most significant 16 bits of any virtual address, bits 48 through 63, must be copies of bit 47

RISC-V provides for a 128 bit version of its instruction set, but it says the anticipated uses are datacenters and large-scale scientific computing. Not really sure why you'd need 128-bit in a consumer product.

yep, ps3, x360 are 256-bit and the ps4 and xbone are 512-bit.

Up your butt and around the corner.

Where are our quantum shitposting machines?

and Nintendo dropping the ball again with the Switch being 128 bit+++

>What's AVX

lwn.net/Articles/717293/

so just use more memory channels lmao

despite not posting any contrary information, you sure are on your high horse.

it does now, but they can easily make a new processor that uses 64 bits for memory pointers using the exact same x86_64 instruction set.

Attached: butthurt1.gif (600x487, 120K)

don't worry, everyone on Jow Forums thinks you're super duper smart

>spending 3 hours coming up with a reply and then intensely waiting for a response 20 minutes later
You're way to emotionally invested to be on Jow Forums, m8. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

who are you describing in that greentext? I can only assume you're projecting your own insecurities right now, because I sure as fuck didn't wait around in this thread for someone to respond to me... like you're doing right now. The irony levels are through the fuckin roof

Seething copeposter

project harder

What kind of retard would get angry about being corrected? Imagine being so fucking /v/ you actually believe it refers to the pointer size. Get the fuck out, retard.

it was an irrelevant correction, you just wanted to show off how super duper smart you were when it wasnt necessary

>facts and accuracy are irrelevant
is that way. Please never post here again.