ISP are the boomers among corporations

ISPs:
>are monitoring and recording anything it can about your activity even when no one asks them to
>host terrible DNS servers
>always injecting ads into your webpages when they aren't securely transmitted
>when you are using HTTPS, they still attempt code injection, fucking up the packets when they get to you.
>are responsible for bandwidth throttling / capping
>cant even store passwords securely
>give you shitty locked down routers
>always, without exception, have terrible customer service

How do we fix ISPs?

Attached: 94034241-vector-linear-blue-round-concept-of-internet-service-provider-red-sign-isp-and-internet-thi (1300x1300, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/the-tiananmen-square-massacre-195216
businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>are monitoring and recording anything it can about your activity even when no one asks them to
Both the US and EU have laws and regulations that mandate that ISPs monitor and store information about you. Blame your government for this.

True

American ISPs do this? Anyway, use always use SSL and HTTPS in 2019.

>>when you are using HTTPS, they still attempt code injection, fucking up the packets when they get to you.
Always use a VPN

>>are responsible for bandwidth throttling / capping
True

>>cant even store passwords securely
True, but 80% is because they are incompetent and 20% because the government have regulations that mandate them to be able to retrieve information about you. Muh Patriot Act and PIPA and SOPA and Data Retention Directive etc.

>>give you shitty locked down routers
Always use your own DSL/modem/router/wifi ap combo.

I am fucking tired of my Mother Fucker
ISP!

Create p2p network like Meshnet!
Good luck and godspeed user!

>Always use your own DSL/modem/router/wifi ap combo
ATT fiber doesn't allow this.

Change ISP and stop electing politicians that continue to dismantle antitrust and antimonopolization laws.

In Norway, there was an ISP that tried this as well, forcing their customers to use their own box. It went to court and they got absolutely BTFO'd.

Attached: isp-map-usa.png (839x1068, 514K)

>Change ISP
No because I'll be paying more money for worse service.

Doesn't allow is a strong word given you only need the att one for eap.

If you're not man enough to act, then stop bitching. You're selling your principles and consumer rights for a couple of dollars saved and a better bandwidth.

Attached: capitalism.jpg (640x353, 36K)

>are monitoring and recording anything it can about your activity even when no one asks them to

you're an idiot. why would they take the time, much less all the resources necessary, to do this? they don't give a shit. if you get pinned for something (ie, piracy) it's because a third-party organization requested them to do so.

yes but these are easily changed

lol no. you must have a shit ISP.

>when you are using HTTPS, they still attempt code injection, fucking up the packets when they get to you.

what?

yes, but do you really know why? it's because people leave services like Netflix on ALL FUCKING DAY streaming shit. Netflix and other streaming services make up the majority of the bandwidth.

???

yes, but you can easily get your own. if you can't then oh well.

what company doesn't? really? any large company generally has shitty customer service.

Sounds like an american thing.
No ISP here injects ads wtf

comcast injects into http pages. Never heard of it happening to https pages

>Change ISP
That's not how it works in the US, unless you are willing t o pack your bags and move 20-200 miles to another location where another ISP provides.

That's not how it works against corporations, kid.

Attached: 1984.jpg (845x488, 82K)

I would, Satan, but only 1 provider serves my area.

Lol, the US is such a dystopian hellhole. No wonder why Americans are so angry about foreigners all the time.

>implying the entire world isnt a dystopian hell hole

I guess
works on my machine(tm)
"no"
"no"
"no"
what passwords??
works on my machine(tm)
are you a fucking boomer yourself?

you might want to move outside of the US. copyright letters from ISPs are absolutely unheard of here.

Nah, in the western world it's mostly the US.

Attached: worst-gift.jpg (600x647, 83K)

"here"

>said user

>only the west

>thoughtco.com/the-tiananmen-square-massacre-195216

>businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4/

yeah okay, shill

>So what do you base your view on the world on?
>Mostly youtube and Jow Forums

>it's a federal crime to read someone else's mail
>reading every single bit you send online is A-OK
is brain damage a prerequisite for becoming a legislators?

Attached: 1508102974190.jpg (971x565, 87K)

apparently, youtube made china massacre people and implement the social credit system. Guess business insider is just lying.

>>only the west
I didn't say the east was good, I said "in the western world, it's mostly the US". Non-western countries are ALL shit. Lrn2 read.

anything mew to them is scary which is why they protect antiquated mail service but not email

>implying europe isnt a dystopian nightmare

Attached: 1558034191103.jpg (630x898, 159K)

>Both the US and EU have laws and regulations that mandate that ISPs monitor and store information about you. Blame your government for this.
Governments are the biggest boomers of them all

why do brits complain about europe? they're the ones living in a police state