Windows 8.1 is the best option right now for a modern gaming OS

Windows 8.1 is the best option right now for a modern gaming OS

>Quite literally 100x less bloat and privacy concerns

Attached: Windows 8.1 test.png (676x620, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/eta-on-windows-8-10-dx9-memory-allocation-issues/94f56a72-a0cf-4169-a8b3-de753182175e
enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5493
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No amount of "debloating" is gonna help the fact that Windows 8.1 still has that VRAM limit issue and it shits the bed on games like GTA V in comparison to Windows 10

I recall Windows 8.1 not supporting DX12 or something. It's sure to have downsides. Using an old version of anything never works out.
I'm trying to figure out how I can get Windows 10 to boot entirely from RAM at the moment. I've found some forum posts from users that claim to be able to do it. Trying to decode their broken English and get it working in a VM.

that's just the user processes. Show system

>it shits the bed on games like GTA V in comparison to Windows 10
What are you talking about?

they're obviously talking about "that VRAM limit issue"

Amd stopped releasing drivers for it though.

Windows 10 is good

Not really an issue.

GTA V is perfectly optimized the game runs well even on XBOX 360 AND PS3.

Didn't find any FACTS about it yet...
It's not good. It's just ok. Even for free.

Since when XBOX 360 and PS3 has Windows 8.1 on board?

>It's sure to have downsides. Using an old version of anything never works out.
retard

Too bad no one gives a fuck about it and even 7 has better driver support

Imagine being so completely-not-a-retard to fall for an obvious bait.

win32 applications have a 4GB vram limit. It's an old bug (sorta), ms fixed it on 7 and 10, but refused to on 8. 32bit games that need 4GB, thus have performance issues in 8, so... uh, elder scrolls with 2000 waifu mods and such.

are you talking about the 32bit versions of Windows 7 and 8?

>win32 applications

The best option is Linux + Windows inside a VM. More people need to start using this setup since things VM needs more advancements with things like passthrough.

8.1 is so based it even scares gaymers away.

gamers are slaves they follow whatever the popular trend is

What about 8.1? Does it also not include those fixes?

32 bit versions of windows only allow 3 GB brainlet

it's obviously about the game being 32 bit application

I kind of feel bad for OP
he created the thread of his favourite windows version and was completely assblasted by facts

will he uninstall?

Attached: 1535264542543.png (1143x851, 236K)

k it was a stupid question I'm trying to understand the issue but I can't find much info about this

8/8.1 both

meh. win8 is the current best available windows, it isn't invasive and obnoxious like 10, and it's actually has a modern feature set unlike 7.

what facts weeblord

>has a modern feature set unlike 7
what is that tho

You can’t find any info because it’s not an issue. That bumbling idiot doesn’t know what he talks about, confusing 32 bit applications ram limit with vram.

Attached: 8D2CE13D-7DA3-4119-AE9C-4D4EABBF0814.jpg (598x363, 30K)

>Windows 8.1, the prototype for Windows 10 bullshit, isn't invasive or obnoxious.

Sry 2 meme u but Windows 10 botnet was backported to 8 years ago

Attached: 1550693458233.jpg (256x256, 47K)

proper uefi
usb3
better multiscreen
better rendering options
so on

I guess it's not so useful for videogames, but for day to day work and hardware compatibility, it's appreciable. Actually, I think it also runs games faster than 7 and 10 - I vaguely recall something about, but I can't remember well enough so don't take it as law or anything.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/eta-on-windows-8-10-dx9-memory-allocation-issues/94f56a72-a0cf-4169-a8b3-de753182175e

enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5493

quick search, here's 2 links.

Not if you don't install them :^)

The windows 8/8.1 shills are the saddest humans in existence.

Software doesn't rot, you absolute lemon.

But its not free even if it says its free it still bottlenecks ram usage

It does if you either don't run ECC or unironically run Windows. Try a dism and sfc scan on a Windows install after 3 months of updates and see how many issues are corrected

>windows 8/8.1 shills

That's not how it works.

There's nothing wrong with trying to find the best os experience for your gaming PC.

The fact that people still willingly use 8 is amazing. It was the worst thing to come out of Redmond since vista. The only nice thing about it was online dism repairs, limiting the need to reinstall.

With Windows 10 enterprise upgrade keys bring freely available I don't understand the autism that drives people to keep using 8. You can install 10, inject the enterprise keys and have a botnet free w10 after 2 reboots.

>Botnet free
>Windows

Just saying the win10 botnet comes preinstalled with win 10

Relative to the other versions of Windows you mong. We aren't talking qubes-os here.

>Windows 10 enterprise upgrade keys bring freely available
How charitable of M$. Your shekels have been deposited, shill

>>freely
Did you miss that part? You can upgrade to enterprise and activate with a 20 line PowerShell script

>becoming part of the botnet is free
>that is a good thing, goy, GOOD!

>he doesn't run Windows in a proxied vm that blocks all botnet traffic

Its like your new here or something. If you have to run Windows for some bullshit, why wouldn't you block the botnet?

Good lord the fucking misinfo.
The VRAM limit issue only affects directx9's texture memory allocation function.
It does not affect any other version of directx, i.e. it isn't an issue with games like GTA 5.

And MS did fix it on 8/8.1, the fix is the problem.
The bug, which still exists on windows 7, allows for unlimited allocation of VRAM.
It has never been a problem because texture memory leaks don't actually happen that often, but for some reason MS decided to "fix" it.
But the problem that they found was too complicated for them to care about solving, so they just capped the limit of the allocation function to 4 gigs regardless of your actual limit.
They fixed the fix on 10 but never bothered backporting it.

dude why are you so dishonest?

I installed enterprise 10 recently and it's like 100x more bloated than 8.1

Win 8/8.1 is shit like XP 64 desu

Not even Vista has that issue

>I recall Windows 8.1 not supporting DX12

i see no downside

Attached: Capture.jpg (1032x628, 92K)

>only affects DX9
Literally - who gives a fuck? Four GB of VRAM wasn't even a thing with DX9 games and the weakest garbage imaginable can max them out in both detail and fps, forget a 6 or an 8 GB DDR5 card.

graphics whores who play extremely heavily modded non-remastered skyrim and unironically use 4k textures for pebbles

>he complains about bloat but didn't install the version that doesn't have cortana, UWP/Store or onebotnet

You know you can delete all of that shit with PowerShell anyway right?

>Windows 7.iso 3.3gb
>Windows 8.1.iso 4gb
>Windows 10 LTSB.iso 3.5gb

Attached: 1199630770581_6.jpg (196x238, 8K)

I wish he would come back so we could shit on him some more

Attached: 1562628067331.jpg (540x540, 44K)