Sound bar for $200-$300

What's a good sound bar for this price range?

Attached: u_10098245.jpg (1000x887, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-series-5-3-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair-black/5721014.p?skuId=5721014
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a proper pair of speakers, sound bars all have terrible sound quality.

this is bait right
you can get passive bookshelf/free-standing speakers and an acceptable (read: don't think about it too hard, you have to spend like >$500 on speakers to begin worrying about the amp distorting the sound) amp of the same impedance for the same price. hell, you could check out stuff on craigslist in the rich part of town and get a killer audiophile tier setup for $200 max if you know what to look for

Are you retarded son
soundbars are to proper speakers what gaymen headset of headphones. They are never worth it.

>good sound bar
nice oxymoron

yamaha yas 207

>yamaha yas 207
thanks user

>soundbar

What year is this? Just get 4 inch woofer bookshelves. Literally the same difference.

Why do you want a soundbar and not a pair of bookshelf speakers? They'll shit all over a soundbar in the same price range.

Because soundbars don't look like ugly outdated 50's caveman tech that will embarrass you to anyone who visits?

>speakers
>outdated
Zoomer detected, enjoy wasting your money. This is a technology board, not a fashion board.

Uh, what? Soundbars are outdated out of the gate though.

excuse me as to be the only non-trolling poster

razer leviathan is a pretty good choice if you can get over the razer part. have had mine for a few months now, no complaints

Attached: 1416828958_1095316[1].jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

>virtual surround from two sources in front of your face, no atmos
>no rgb leds
pass

Sound bars are a TOTAL meme. Conceived as a ‘mid’ speaker to make voices sound loud on flat screen TVs which due to shape cannot possibly make voices loud enough relative to background noises.

Get a nice pair of bookshelf speakers and a cheap H/K stereo tuner and you’ll be far better off and have upgradability.

Yamaha YAS-207 as someone said, a really solid sound bar that doesn't cost too much.

These are the kinds of people who will recommend you a Thinkpad or installing Lineage on your phone.

Hammer
Nails
Ears

>sent from my imac pro

>implying recommending a thinkpad or installing Lineage is a bad thing
fuck right off zoomie

>Yamaha YAS-207
>buys powered production studio speakers for non audio production use
>literally just neutral speakers with a shitty integrated amp to match the flat response curve and some room correction settings
go turn both your speakers off at the back before you go to bed, brainlet. matching a speaker to an amp isn't difficult - you go to a store, test the speakers out with music you like, then you buy a suitable amp to power it and don't think too much about it.
>i buy an all in one computer because matching a computer to a monitor is 2 hard u have to think aout grahpix cards and resoltuions and connectors and its all so hard :(((
t. actually considered buying those speakers when I didn't know much about the audio market

okay you're an even bigger brainlet than I thought
I was thinking of the yamaha hs8, this is literally just a shitty consumer soundbar
shoo shoo, go listen to your bose headphones

>I can't be bothered to look up what Yamaha YAS-207 is so I'll assume HS5 because my brain is slowly dying

The denon DHT-S316 is pretty decent as far as simple soundbars go.

PMC, ATC, Genelec or Neumann soundbar when?

>yes goy buy these 2 inch speakers
You can buy powered, built-in DAC, Bluetooth, etc, bookshelf speakers in this price range that have more functionality and far better sound quality with no more effort required to set them up. Unless you desperately need to jam it into a storage unit under your TV, soundbars are awful.

Bought these and a simple 2 channel receiver, how did I do? Obviously later I can update the receiver to 5.1
bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-series-5-3-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair-black/5721014.p?skuId=5721014

Make your own hanging speakers with XPS board and surface transducers

seems ok, 5" 3-way is a little weird though

I usually hear good things about the Sonos Beam, but any suggestion of Sonos seems to trigger Jow Forums so i dunno, Yamaha are usually the way to go with soundbars.

Any sort of sound stage emulation needs a good environment, which I assure you most people don't have. Atmos can sound good in the right room or it can be like "whatever"

Better soundbars can be configured via software, but i guess ones in OP's pricerange wouldn't be

it's more like 2.5 way, the upper tweeter is just extra fluff

once you stop living in your parents basement, you'll understand.

Problem is Hi-Fi speakers don't tend to be great for movies and AV audio dosen't tend to be great for music. Plus i'm a britcuck so i have a fairly limited amount of space thanks to our rediculously tiny houses, so soundbars or tiny AV speakers start making sense....

>once you start working in walmart like me you'll respect the path of least resistance!

And once you up your IQ to 3 digits you will understand why soundbars are shit.

Problem is, soundbars ARE speakers you retard. In a very small enclosure, with small drivers and no ability to get good soundstage out of them without dsp. $100 chink 2.0 edifier speakers will be better than most soundbars costing few times as much just because you can actually get good placement on them.
Acoustics are not a fucking magic, educate yourself or go be a normie retard and fall for salesmen shilling you crap. But if you are going to be a retard at least do it outside of Jow Forums, we have enough stupid here already.

and once you add up your to 2 digits, you'll understand not everyone puts the same value in the same things you do. for certain things, convenience outweighs price per performance.

I have a 3x4 meter living room to play with, i have not got the room for a pair of floorstanders or even larger bookshelves because i'm cramming my TV and Dining area into that space. I've not even got the room for a proper desk and have my PC sitting next to my TV cabinet. And while an expansive soundstage is all well and good, a Soundbar simply fits my situation better.

You cannot expect autists on this board to understand real life situations like that.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Stockholm syndrome soundbar morons coping harder than previously expected.

You are not getting any convenience out of soundbar you absolute brainlet.

Then soundbar absolutely doesnt fit your situation because most likely you wont be able to reposition your living room to fit with your soundbar. Speakers (and soundbars) require specific placement to sound good, dependent on position and distance of person who sits in front of them. Knowing that soundbar is a fixed unit, how do you think you solve that?
Answer is, you dont. You either have exact same setup as per spec or are stuck with shit that sounded "good" when you auditioned it in shop, but now doesnt.

>having proper speakers is embarrassing
Jesus you fucking shills don’t even make sense any more.

It’s all they can fit into their hot bunks in San Fran. They have to mount them vertically or they will take up too much square inchage.

My parents spent $400 on a JBL soundbar that sounds like $50 speakers with a subwoofer on the side.

Piggybacking off this thread. I just want something that plugs into the optical on my TV and provides better sound than the stock speakers. What are my options that aren't a sound bar?

Get a cheap used receiver from any time in the last decade or two and any old pair of decent full-range speakers and you can beat a sound bar for $20.

Sound bars are shit buy a 5.1 sound system

>falling for the surround sound meme
good goy, 2.1 is all you ever need

>literally buying something like this

Attached: 1BCC94E4971A48558C0639D51456A086.jpg (556x411, 25K)

>falling for that stereo fad
monaural is the most anyone will ever need

Soundbar = wide mono
Don't go for mono.

You're better of with tiny 5' speakers than those soundbars.

I went with the YAS 108(or YAS1080 if you buy from costco). Managed to get a refurbed unit for $100cnd.

Yes, a set of powered book shelf speakers will sound better. Infact i bought edifier r1010bt just before, and compared the 2 directly... and the edifier were better(though with DSP the YAS sound pretty damn good for what they are)

The truth is in this circumstance Id rather the formfactor and HDMI ARC connection of a sound bar over 2 satellites. The cool thing with the YAS108(and newer 109, which seems to be the same thing but with amazon alexa built in...-no thanks) is its got a subwoofer out so you can patch a wired one in without any splicing cable BS.

I also upgraded my edifiers to a nicer 1850 set(which also has a sub out port) and they sound noticeably better than the 1080, but still have the 1080 hooked up to my TV... Cause if i am going to do critical listening i'll use my PC(and even then, id sooner pop on the HD6xx)

Attached: yas108.jpg (830x467, 27K)

>tiny 5 foot speakers

>id sooner pop on the HD6xx)
You should pop yourself in the head

Are you the same boomer who was asking about an "audiophile" soundbar like a week ago?
The answer is still the same, there are no good soundbars, there aren't even passable ones in this price range, just buy a proper receiver and 3.1 set of speakers for starters and fuck off already.

why don't you go ahead and buy an air purifier while you're at it so that the smell of your baby's ass talcum powder deodorant doesn't assault the senses of your roommate so much you useless fat pasty fuck ill pay the rent just as soon as you learn how to stop being such a retarded pussy

I just use these with my TV.

They sound amazing you can actually feel the bass.

Attached: bose.png (1780x949, 327K)

>Buy Other Stereo Equipment
But then you are consistently lazy and full of shit. So I'm not surprised you would like these.

Attached: 811F2359-1E52-44B3-AF1D-35EAB26CCDE9.jpg (620x201, 11K)