Home computers were better when people purchased them for a single purpose...

Home computers were better when people purchased them for a single purpose, and that purpose required a manual like this.

Attached: product-81684.jpg (750x515, 38K)

I like when I can just figure it out in a few seconds :p or can google it xD

Ok

That shit still exists dumb-ass

Attached: pwn.jpg (293x172, 10K)

That's not a single-purpose computer dumbass

the home computer never has been faggot

You've never seen these being used

They literally are made to run a single program

Computers were better before the became home computers. I remember when you had to compile code using punch cards. No you just have to hit a button? SO GAY

Running a single program is still a general purpose because that program could be anything.

>when people purchased them for a single purpose
yes, computers are generally turing complete, surrpise surprise.

I too enjoy inconvenience. I frequently walk slower than is necessary just to force others to walk around me, so I can spread my love of inconvenience to others.

>yes, computers are generally turing complete
imagine actually believing this

Attached: casio.jpg (2000x1800, 536K)

No they weren't. Bullshit nostalgia aside home computers have never been better than they are now. They're more powerful, more power efficient, more accessible. They're nearly perfected tech at this point.

>more accessible.
This is not a good thing.

I strongly disagree

There's nothing wrong with keeping certain knowledge and instruments in the hands of specific castes in society. Doing the opposite, granting it to all, doesn't lift the proles up towards that knowledge but degrades it to their level.

This. We need to make life harder on ourselves for no discernible reason. Don't drive to work, walk. No, CRAWL. On your back. With no clothes on. What are you, some kind of zoomer? Lie down already.

Sure thing

>he thinks that's what I'm arguing
Why did you assume that I think everyone should be treated equally? This images is what happens if you take something higher downwards to the proles: they degrade it. The experience which such an image might invoke in an explorer is degraded to a tourist hot-spot where people can have their small-souled facsimile of it.

This is how computers end up as bloated, sluggish, Facebook machines as a matter of design. You can say "well, I don't use it that way, I use it for something more," but you're going against the intended design.

Attached: 1566038622941.jpg (1062x1192, 227K)

still turing complete 4-bit probably, just limited I/O

Why?

agree that physical manuals are a lost art form, disagree that using ancient hardware makes anything better