It's for your own good, got

It's for your own good, got

>Why Apple doesn’t want users to replace their own batteries

>Here's why:

>Fake replica batteries that look authentic are a growing problem not only for Apple, but for many electronics companies, said Nadim Maluf, CEO of Qnovo, which makes software that monitors the health and flow of power inside batteries for devices.

>“In China, people are amazingly good when a new model is launched by Apple or Samsung or LG, taking the battery out, taking the dimensions, and making a replica,” he continued. “What’s inside, is who knows, usually made by 2nd and 3rd and 4th tier manufacturers.”

>People buy fake batteries online, or repair shops buy them from unauthorized sources. These batteries can have chemistry issues which make them swell up, eventually leading to a fire, Maluf said.

>“All that feeds into a safety hazard, and that damages the reputation of the OEM,” Maluf said. Hypothetically, in a public situation, “Apple will take the hit for it even though the battery came from an unknown source.”
>Last week the Federal Aviation Administration banned some Apple laptops from flights. This comes after Apple recalled some 15-inch MacBook Pro laptop models because the batteries inside the computers pose a fire hazard.

Attached: 1566152694661.jpg (1080x1038, 241K)

Blah blah blah muh safety. Real answer is apple makes a killing in oem repair. This is basically the same in every industry and using software to lock cucks into buying oem certified replacement parts mean s they can sell loss leading garbage to clueless tard asses.

Just get the government to make that shit illegal already like they do for airline parts.

NO LINK NO REPLY

This but also lawsuits. People will try to sue when they replace a battery on their own despite the fact that they're not supposed to, and then surprise surprise the battery explodes either because they did something wrong or they used a shit battery.
It's a lot simpler legally if you just take on all the liability for yourself, so that if anything goes wrong, we know whose fault it is; in the case of batteries exploding despite never having been replaced or only ever having been replaced by official Apple employees, it's Apple's fault.

> These batteries can have chemistry issues which make them swell up, eventually leading to a fire, Maluf said.

What a bullshit explanation. That's not exclusive to "unauthorised" batteries. I was shipping boxes of 30-40 expanding genuine Apple batteries off to recyclers every month or so when I was in a working in an authorised Mac repair business.

This is the correct answer. Apple makes a killing off their authorised repair channel. The markup on parts is ridiculous - customers pay somewhere in the realm of 200-300% over the manufacturing cost of the component, then another 30-40% on top of that cost for the service provider to take a cut. That's how Apple did it as recently as January, when I left and went elsewhere.

They can get fucked. If you want to screw consumers this hard, at least try and come up with a more convincing excuse for it than "muh safety" or "much security".

Attached: 76D32577-90CC-4A5B-B1C5-50B6FC97911F.jpg (2592x1944, 813K)

Here's a crazy idea.
What if APPLE supplied replacement batteries at a reasonable cost?

>government opposing corporate oligarches
>current year
lolno

Read the article.
Complete bullshit fear mongering.

Here is the thing some guy tried swaping a brand new Apple Battery from one phone into another (youtube: 4nGnAdtTDCw)... guess what happened.

Turns out the battery was not genuine.
Not because it was not genuine of course, no, because some secret thing was not run to pair the battery to the device.

What purpose does that serve ?
I wonder ....

>What a bullshit explanation. That's not exclusive to "unauthorised" batteries.
Nobody said it was. It's just that people try to make it Apple's problem when it isn't. Apple will fix your battery if it fails (my GF had her 12 month old SE battery replaced free) but too often people try to get Apple to take responsibility for cheap replacement batteries.

>What if APPLE supplied replacement batteries at a reasonable cost?
Apple can't supply replacement batteries at the low prices that 3rd party suppliers can. Not at a reasonable quality.
I bought a cheap 3rd party battery for my old Macbook. It lasts about 90mins compared to a new Apple battery's 3+ hours. The original died after nearly 10 years. I don't expect the replacement to last even nearly that long.

There's an easy answer to not having problems from Apple products, are you ready?
No seriously.
With this 1 simple trick you can learn.
Ready for it?

DON'T BUY APPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple had a battery recall last year.
You could go to an apple store and they’d replace your battery for free. Granted it was a recall but if they supplied replacements for a decent price this wouldn’t be a problem.

Apple batteries are make in Heaven using Magical Elixir.

Replacement battery will never equal the magical Battery.

So buy our new IPhone, only for $2000.

Remember, you're using a magical product that won't do anything special but will surely make you feel superior to everyone else.

Attached: 1550352666703.webm (240x320, 1.45M)

This is the only really good thing about my old LG, you can just rip the back off and replace the battery and even get a precision screwdriver kit and take it apart.

The world is getting appleified though, when I was a kid in the 80s you could take everything apart from your TV to your VCR to your NES.

the world is different now, I can't replace the battery on my new Huawei. The new cars are even made so you can't do your own oil change. We're being locked out of the products we own and manufacturers are retaining more and more control of the product even after they sell it to you

>if they supplied replacements for a decent price this wouldn’t be a problem.
If your "decent price" is on a par with the Chinese knock-offs then no way.
The knock-offs are nowhere near the quality of any reputablle phone brand.
I've tried twice to replace dead phone batteries with El Cheapo replacements. One didn't work and the other failed within weeks.
YMMV.

>But we won't just sell official batteries to repair shops or end users for a fair price because reasons.

See how easy it is to deconstruct shit excuses?

Based Apple. (((Rossman))) BTFO

It worked fine years ago when many android phones had replaceable batteries. I didn't see batteries exploding all over the place. This is article is just apple dicksucking.

The batteries are the same shit with better Q
they just have software ID telling the system its official

Rossmann isn't jewish

>What’s inside, is who knows
> shitting on a country's manufacturing industry
> where you manufacture your own fucking products.
glorious.

Attached: 1558619245151.png (214x189, 100K)

>Rossmann isn't jewish
nope.

>“What’s inside, is who knows, usually made by 2nd and 3rd and 4th tier manufacturers.
That would be an upgrade since crApple sources their batteries from 5th tier vendors and lower to cut down on production costs. Why would't they? You're expected to buy a new thing every year. They put inside shitty batteries that lose 30% of their capacity after 12 months activating the throttle mode and voilà – boosted sales.

itoddlers btfo

Attached: mfw itoddlers.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

>apple
>reasonable cost
Pick one.

>found a niche to parasitise on repairing proprietary hardware that isn't meant to by the manufacturer
>uses confidential data sheets and leaked service manual breaching copyright and DMCA
>offers cheap chink replacement parts that might damage Apple's reputation
>takes "working" parts out of broken Apple machines and solders them into clients devices leading to unforeseen consequences like unstable operation and maybe even fire
>constantly whines when Apple tries to shut down his illegitimate business
>encourages other repair shops to engage into "independent repair"
>constant rants and protesting because he feels the need to somehow canalise his rebellious Jewish tendencies
>b-but they charge more!

He is a Jewish commie

based, imagine bumping this shit thread

stfu. rossman is /ourjew

>t. itoddlia

Attached: 1565767582149.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

>unironically actually watching anime

Nice advertorial by cnbc.

>andjeet cope

Attached: 156827657675.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

>swarthy phenotype
>surname rossmann
>lives in NYC
>brooklyn accent

bruh, I like rossmann, but he's definitely a yid

>swap batteries between two phones bought directly at an apple store
>both show the battery isn't authentic now
>both still work so I could give two fucks about their "safety" and get burned by a legitimately bad battery