Hello folks, as you recently may have noticed, the current maintainer of the once-great extension Jow Forums X, ccd0...

Hello folks, as you recently may have noticed, the current maintainer of the once-great extension Jow Forums X, ccd0, appears to have a large distaste for the current community on this very site. This has recently lead to many questionable decisions influenced by his own personal opinions[1]. What he is currently doing seems to have been orchestrated by a group of people in the upper hierarchy on /qa/[2]. Why should you care? The problem with this is he keeps adding questionable updates potentially allowing third-party sites to track and monitor your traffic[3][4], influencing your bandwidth or getting you banned from Cloudflare by flooding the site with requests[5][6], if you don't disable or change these default parameters where possible. It appears that his and the /qa/ crew are driven by the motivation to stir up community drama or move as many people as possible away from this site, if necessary by force through the means of changes to the extension. These are hazardous decisions against the principle of free software ethics.

The important question for now is how the future of Jow Forums X will look like. Will the maintainer continue to add such features? Or will he even remove essential quality-of-life options?
A solution could be creating yet another independent branch which keeps what the users want in mind instead, maintained by someone who doesn't care about asinine community/moderation drama. But as the past clearly showed, splitting this particular extension in too many branches is not a desirable outcome.

[1] github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/480#issuecomment-520074713
[2] Jow Forums-x.net/qa_friends.html
[3] github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/commit/3732c99f330ce5e337662c28a4329f8eba32cd46
[4] github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/commit/27a6e7251e17f77de104a0f998381db394e7444c
[5] github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/480#issuecomment-520112232
[6] github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/commit/41965c2de575216fa16c162ccd6e51f6093f91af

Attached: 1543014075238.png (1257x1768, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/"/qa/ is not customer support"/
desuarchive.org/qa/search/image/5XOGOo6Y78jgow5f5t_Yhw/
github.com/SthephanShinkufag/Dollchan-Extension-Tools
github.com/ccd0/Jow
desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/weebspam/
desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/"the meta board"/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd rip out the scriptless captcha if I knew how ;_;
It's the only use I have for the whole script

based qa teens

I think you should explain the whole /qa/ drama so more people understand why this is bad.

Attached: 1559744452030.png (816x438, 239K)

>Jow Forums x
But that thing has been deprecated since forever, most of the useful features are implemented in the vanilla site and you can force nojs captcha.

/qa/ is hates Jow Forums. They want to compromise anyone who visits that board. This aligns with the dev of 4chanx. Together they want to target us, anons.

>The problem with this is he keeps adding questionable updates potentially allowing third-party sites to track and monitor your traffic[3][4]
What do you mean? The citations provided are just the integratiion of other imageboards with the addon, something a lot of people have wanted for a long time.

>and you can force nojs captcha
Only by disabling javascript completely. Unless you have some other method in mind?

/qa/ has been in an autism war between a bunch of retarded spammers who were banned from /jp/ and a bunch of froshitters with OCD for 2 years, and now the dev of 4chanX has decided to add more fuel to the fire by adding support to the sites used by the ex-/jp/ spammers and linking them on /qa/.
Make a thread on /qa/ asking about the schizospammer and see what happens.

Attached: 1559110831539.png (550x110, 43K)

create the rule where TRANNIE POSTING is bannable like MLP and fix this shithole

false

Attached: test.png (656x508, 188K)

glad to know who kissumin is

>us
But I don't visit Jow Forums, that board is fucking garbage.

have sex, animetard

>I hate Jow Forums it's fucking garbage.
Then why are you browsing it?

>Make a thread on /qa/ asking about the schizospammer and see what happens.
Done. Waiting for results now.

I don't see how this has anything to do with /qa/ or /jp/, you can add support for your own imageboard if it runs on tinychan. If anything, this is a bad move for spinoff admins as it was done without their permission.

You seem confused. This is 4channel.

If I wanted an imageboard "overscript" I would've installed something else or requested a new extension; Jow Forums X was supposed to exclusively work with Jow Forums to improve the shitty vanilla site/replace the lame inline extension.

>/qa/ is hates Jow Forums. They want to compromise anyone who visits that board.
That's it? Jow Forums goes against the very foundational principles of Jow Forums so it seems like they're just doing moot's work there.

Of the links you referenced the only one that may support your claim is changing the default thread updater interval from 30 to 5s. You have an agenda but no rationale for it.

did you forget that Jow Forums might be grouped in with Jow Forums because of the amount of Jow Forumstards here?

Anything that isn't weebspam deserves to get exterminated, according to the /qa/ council.

Posting anything that isn't anime flusters them hard. Or even posting anime in a way that they deem not acceptable.

Of course it's Jow Forums drama, go fuck yourself.

not only they hate Jow Forums, they hate everything that isn't anime/random. they get buttblasted when someone makes a meta thread on /qa/ (the meta board) or when a mod moves a meta thread there.
desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/"/qa/ is not customer support"/
desuarchive.org/qa/search/image/5XOGOo6Y78jgow5f5t_Yhw/
OP is probably complaining about 4chanX's dev because he sided with these spammers

Just make a fork like how Adamantcheese forked Floens' Clover Jow Forums app for android

This

Pic related is all you need for scriptless captcha, user.

Attached: 1.png (570x411, 26K)

what's a 4chanx alternative?

Dollchan

This.
github.com/SthephanShinkufag/Dollchan-Extension-Tools

Who would maintain the fork, and why?
clover only got forked because it was unmaintained

use the native extension
what the fuck is your problem?

native extension is trash

How retarded do you have to be to fuel your addiction to this shitty site with some retard ass extensions?

I literally use 4chin without html bc there's no fucking need to. F5 to refresh, expecting a reply? Save the thread in a txt.

Fucking idiots

shut the fuck up tech illiterate reddit spacing mouth breather
nobody gives a fuck what retards like you do

/qa/ isn't the meta board. It doesn't have a topic.

literally in the sticky

Attached: Capture.png (757x75, 7K)

Sell me on Dollchan. How does it compare to 4chanX in terms of functionality? Does it have an option to enable noscript captcha, an image dump list, fetch deleted posts from the archives and open the archived version of a post with one button?

Your own screenshot says it has no specific theme.

Just use Dollchan, it has the scriptless captcha and is a thin layer over vanilla Jow Forums.

Bump.

>Who would maintain the fork
Jow Forums would

nope

So how do I disable 4chanx from updating and thus insulate myself from this?

vanilla

I'll do the logo

Never been on /qa/ once in 11 years (you can never leave) of lurking and I already like them.

Technically here: github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#v11412

thanks. now I can rest assured knowing that Jow Forums X is in good hands.

Attached: 1546736329716.png (702x700, 425K)

I'd like to remind everyone here that OP miraculously speaks and links the same stuff that a certain nutcase hellbent on destroying fun on the internet on /qa/ does.

>weebspam
desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/weebspam/

>the meta board
desuarchive.org/qa/search/text/"the meta board"/

Do not engage. You will be engulfed in endless waves of pure mental illness.

weensperm

>fun
you idiots( along with the imbecile who spams frogs) are the reason why it is no longer possible to delete posts on /qa/. your madness is so big that even recently the mods had to make the threads in /qa/ autosage after a week because you spend weeks necrobumping them just to spite each other.

Attached: 1563495301118.png (1370x1610, 114K)

Thank you for confirming it!
Sorry, Jow Forums, our pet escaped.

Thanks

meant for

Seems red pilled to me

>Jow Forumsthe_autism
I think their justification makes all the difference.
If they're afraid of "nazis" it's dumb.
If they recognize Jow Forums is gay memers and redditors, then its vista and nicepilled.

who is he?

Attached: 1549464892975.png (266x220, 25K)

Based trips posting informative poster. Thanks for the update

>They want to compromise anyone who visits that board.
and that's a good thing

based /qa/

Completely agree. I've been saying for ages that frogposters and trannies were a mistake. I still don't understand why most of them aren't auto-banned the same as off-topic mlp when they post their shit outside of lgbt or r9k. In fact, lgbt should be moved away from 4channel to Jow Forums.

This is bait from a guy who has been trying his hardest to ruin /qa/ for nearly 3 years now.
I wish I had time to list just how much insane and persistent bullshit they have done and how many times before they have tried to get others to personal army for them from a manner of other imageboards, but at the same time I would rather not stroke their ego.

>/qa/ is hates Jow Forums
I don't think anyone on /qa/ has cared about Jow Forums since late 2017. But I'll wager you already knew that.

So ccd0=pissumin?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ill try it

I stopped using ccd0’s Jow Forums x last time I reinstalled windows. I just couldn’t be bothered toward through the massive, autistic menu of settings again.

Breaks quick replies and everything else.

oh man ive just installed it.
i just want it to use custom css.

And you did not exported the settings first?

no specific theme OUTSIDE of meta, learn to read.

>mfw

Attached: 1560111575011.webm (640x360, 676K)

What the fuck is going on in this thread

>It now supports altchans
Well I definitely appreciate the QoL improvements

/qa/ weebniggers are in full damage control here.

Stylus extension is your friend for css style overriding. It's not limited to any site so it's better for this use than 4chanx.

Don't know if this is true or not since I don't follow the personal opinions of this guy or visit /qa/ but going off of this
>appears to have a large distaste for the current community on this very site.
It's pretty retarded of him to sabotage 4chanx because of these users. The majority of the people using this site for nothing more than shitposting, raiding, and all the other things that plague us aren't using an extension, and of those the people the literal redditors aren't using an extension either. He's pissing off the very people he claims to prefer.

Stop pulling that shit, most of Jow Forums outside of that board hate Jow Forums and a whole lot of them were here longer than the typical Jow Forumsllack.

I'm looking at your links, but I'm not seeing anything particularly suspicious. The claim that these changes would "allow third-party sites to track and monitor your traffic" is particularly dubious. All that change does is make it so the extension works on other sites. It's not going to make Lainchan any more capable of monitoring your traffic than they were before.

Attached: 1545879592847.png (715x755, 81K)

based. kill Jow Forums and all Jow Forums posters. bring back /l/ and /i/.

>The claim that these changes would "allow third-party sites to track and monitor your traffic" is particularly dubious
of course, because there's no proof.

>/qa/ is hates Jow Forums
>Together they want to target us, anons.
Sounds like they want to target Jow Forums and I'm fine with that

>not only they hate Jow Forums, they hate everything that isn't anime/random.
Well /qa/ seems like a based board to me. All the nsfw boards (Jow Forums.org) are absolute cancer on this site (4channel.org) and everyone would be better off if they were deleted.

This absolute nigger broke the extension with his retarded botnet and now the post dates are displayed in American format.
I swear to God I find this piece of shit I will smash his fucking face with a goddamn shovel.
Fucking niggers.

>Too retarded to fork it and fix it himself

Not once on this site in 11 years have I been to /qa/ but why doesit attract a political alignment and what does that say about said political alignment?

Attached: 1564118116945.jpg (281x310, 60K)

Just fork it lmao

Because all of the posts there are manipulated by a handful of pisscord and altchan ("spinoff") users, and since mods don't do shit on that board, it may stay like that for the foreseeable future.

>all
I meant most, sorry.

Verniy is pissmin
I don't think ccd0 is Verniy, but I guess it's possible

Clover

all meta threads go on /qa]
/qa] is not all meta threads
this is pretty simple stuff

>read and change your data on a number of websites

wtf is this? i'm not re-enabling

die spammer

live spermer

Why should I be concerned? Nothing in those links is concerning to me.