Imagine all those engineers cringing at Jow Forums right now

Imagine all those engineers cringing at Jow Forums right now.

Attached: popos.png (1014x290, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pop.system76.com/docs/roadmap/
linuxreviews.org/Endless_OS
pop.system76.com/docs/difference-between-pop-ubuntu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pop os is a re-skinned ubuntu.

cringe

B--BUT NO

By that logic the USA are a reskin of the UK.

Cringe and non engineering pilled

isn't it?

this doesn't even answer the question

>engineer

lol

Where I live, engineer is a protected title reserved for actual engineers.

Why are their laptops so expensive?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1733x759, 191K)

because they're trying to be apple.

>not using a minimal, systemd-free, libre distro with nothing but the packages you actually need and a few cli time wasters
why live?

Their site is just hipster tier shit filled with pretty images that tell nothing.

Yeah, take a look at this and see if it's worth it:
pop.system76.com/docs/roadmap/

Because the larger ones were/are Clevo rebadges with some admitably decent specs. You'd be paying around 2.5k for any laptop with those specs that isn't a broken overheating MBP. A MacBook with the highly inferior 560X and 2TB of storage comes out as being $800 more than an Adder.

Also, you can save money on top of that by just opening the damn thing up and sticking in your own RAM and SSD. A desktop with similar specs to a baseline Adder would likely run at just under 1.5k after bargain hunting, so why should a laptop be magically cheaper?

>15" laptop has a higher "portability" score than 13/14" ones

based

I am surprised the POP!_OS guy didnt just say
"Wax my balls"
POP!_OS is just the same as a man pretending to be a woman to get a sackwax

You think $1,500 is expensive for a well-equipped machine? Good thing you weren't buying computer back 20 years ago.

They prey on retards who don't realize you can buy the same laptops, without an OS, and install GNU/Linux on them yourself.

I just spent half the day writing a review of a different GNU+Linux distribution,
linuxreviews.org/Endless_OS

but I sometimes wonder why I bother since that site together with my other sites don't make anywhere near enough money to make it a full time job, let alone a part-time job. So I work the fields at a local farm (yes, really).

I've yet to write a review of Pop OS, there is none at my linux review site. Should I just make a page with
and call it a day? I'll check in with you girls in the morning for your humble opinions. Got to to to bed now, have to get up early tomorrow and feed the goats and the chickens and do a lot of other stuff.

Attached: momo_questionmark.jpg (1400x1920, 1.46M)

Attached: basedandredpiled.gif (367x219, 523K)

The actual answer for your question is: they come with coreboot.

>gnome

i love chickens.

get off the farm and realize there's only like four actual distros, fedora/redhat, ubuntu/debian, arch and gentoo

That's a decent site you got over there.
> I've yet to write a review of Pop OS, there is none at my linux review site.
Use this as a reference:
pop.system76.com/docs/difference-between-pop-ubuntu/

Attached: ubuntubased.png (1229x202, 34K)

So it's a re-skinned Ubuntu with 1/2 of the default programs removed.

Popos means "shits" in spanish, jej.

> It's better some bureaucrat in the 3rd floor of an windowless government building gets to decide who an "real" engineer is
right

Fuck off.

I'm a certified red hat "engineer" as well as an electronic engineer and I don't call myself an "engineer" because it would be retarded.

Real engineers:
Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Management, and Geotechnical

>isn't this just a reskinned ubuntu?
>proceeds to respond that it's a reskinned ubuntu
Clearly they find it cringeworthy because it's so obvious and need not be asked.

>management
yeah powerpoint slides require real engineering.

What did he mean by this?

There's quite a lot of difference actually, but most of them are hidden in forum posts or mailing lists; I wonder why didn't they just list it all.
Some differences I've found are performance patches from gnome that would've been in 3.34 pulled in now, or CPU patches (mostly powersaving ones) made by engineers from the Clear Linux project that Intel laid off