I just spent the best part of Sunday writing code and doing commits to the company's git server because

I just spent the best part of Sunday writing code and doing commits to the company's git server because
>it was an interesting problem/algorithm
>I'm insecure about me and I want to prove myself
Tell me how stupid I am?
>yes, I'm a virgin, how did you know?

Attached: git.jpg (442x293, 15K)

If your boomer manager doesn't read git logs, then you're not proving yourself to anyone. That being said, finding your work interesting and wanting to work on it when you have nothing better to do anyway is a legit enough reason on its own.

>not pushing them to your own server, where a script will then dribble them out into your company's git server over the week
>not just taking the week off and "working" from home
let me guess, you've felt a boob once and she was drunk

you are a fucking retard.

>I just spent the best part of Sunday writing code
that's fine
>and doing commits to the company's git server because
if you want your company to know that you're a spineless pushover then, sure, do that

>you've felt a boob once
Not even once.
I haven't even kissed a woman in the mouth or touched a woman's ass
I know.
I waste my life because of my insecurity.

At least I'm learning some stuff which I wasn't motivated to learn when I was a neet for a year.
It started to get in my head and lost motivation and I was only posting in /b/ and lurking in /gif/.
Now I hardly come here and learned new shit but I'm still a no lifer.

at least tell us something about the problem and what programming language you used.

as I said, solving cool problems and learning isn't the problem, but being a good little slave to your company is
if you're happy about being a "no lifer" then perhaps the first order of business is to stop doing unpaid work for your boss on sundays

of course I mean: if you're unhappy*

It wasn't C so Jow Forums will call me a fag.
In my defense it wasn't JavaScript or web libraries.
I remembered an algorithm/data structure I could use that would solve the problem once and for all, did my research, implemented the algorithm from scratch, made it generic, and used it in the problem.
Worked nice, problem fixed in an elegant correct way and very clean.
Can't say more because of NDA shit.
Unfortunately no one will know and I will still be the office autist.
>pic related

Attached: 51rPLfOvqxL._AC_UL320_SR242,320_.jpg (242x320, 16K)

>Unfortunately no one will know and I will still be the office autist.
Why not? Nobody talks / looks at what other people have done at your work?

Which algorithm/datab structure? Without context that doesn't violate nda

>Nobody talks / looks at what other people have done at your work?
They talk but they say I'm an autist for getting excited about algorithm complexity and theoretical stuff when I can just import library and it's ok if it leaks memory, we will tell the customer to buy more ram.

first we have to figure out who are you quoting

The voice in my head that tells me I'm stupid and a loser faggot virgin

>working for free
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1548342736570.png (644x644, 29K)

if you are not in time pressure, a lot.
You could have just think it through during a weekend and have a simple day at work just implementing it.

Listen OP, your hard work made somebody else money. Your extra time and effort will NOT be appreciated by your co workers, no matter how much you think. Your boss? He might give you a pat on the back, but only so you make the same mistake again. Maybe he might care, but surely his boss doesn't give a shit. You mean nothing to the company despite your efforts.

You only have so much time on this planet. If you want to have fun on the weekends, that's great. Everyone should cool down. If you want to code on the weekends? More power to you. Doing work on the weekends? You are throwing your effort away, because when you eventually leave the company, your long sundays will have nothing to show for it. You will walk away empty handed, but with experience in your head. Wouldn't it be better to walk away with experience and something you can call your own?

Stop cucking yourself for brownie points, and spend your time (if you'd like) writing your own projects or learning or relaxing

>Stop cucking yourself for brownie points, and spend your time (if you'd like) writing your own projects or learning or relaxing
You are so right.
I have so many interesting projects in my head and so many great math and computer science books I downloaded and haven't gotten around to reading them yet.
I will try next weekend to do something for me.
Thanks.

You just need a hobby. Wanting to work on a weekend is all fine and good but unless you're a substantial owner of that company there's no reason you should be giving the company more than your salaried time.

>It wasn't C so Jow Forums will call me a fag.
only Jow Forums neets are like that
but i'll call you a fag anyway, faggot..

I'm a virgin so I'm indeed a faggot

>unless you're a substantial owner of that company there's no reason you should be giving the company more than your salaried time
It's that simple

this nigger is right.

if you're desperate about getting your dick wet just fuck a whore. "your first time is something special" is just a meme.

Why don't you forever virgins just get a whore?

This whole thread really is sad and git fucking sucks. OP is a faggot too. Fuck.
There are better alternatives to the problems this thread has (and git).

I would understand if it would be your own company but if it's somebody else than you're retarded. I mean the manager probably already knows that you're a virign but by doing work on Sunday he's now absolutely sure that you're a fucking virign. Good job for being a wagie.

I do this occasionally at 53 to escape my wife and children

it's an engineering thing

>they say I'm an autist for getting excited about algorithm complexity and theoretical stuff

i totally understand that user, i sure can relate, but for fucks sake if you have a minimum of self respect, don't work on weekends for free, and if you feel the urge to do it anyway don't commit your shit during the weekend, wait til week days and commit them by parts.

>git fucking sucks
Git is great

i unironically like git. are there any good alternatives?

Not everyone wants a whore. Some people are fine just being as they are.

oh come on...
there's nothing that's better than a nice warm girl next to you. she doesn't have to be your gf or anything. it's just... people need human contact. sex is a part of life just like eating and taking a good shit.
sex and relationships keep you running. you might be comfortable with your life right now but i'm going to tell you that you will live through a really tough time at least once in your life. and the only thing that's going to bring you through it will be nice memories you can relive in your mind. they will give you strength and make you keep moving forward.
don't ignore your human needs user. don't do it.

git the fuck out of here

I must have missed something, do people not like git now? Better than any VCS I've ever used, especially better than the dumpster fire that is TFVC

i dunno. i actually love git. it's easy and efficient.
i'm open to new things though - that's why i've been asking.