What the fuck am I reading

What the fuck am I reading

Attached: value-categories.png (505x433, 33K)

is that gender studies?

>be me
>have assignment for gender app
>write bool gender
>got an F because of it

sepples retardation.

Attached: cat++.png (200x209, 34K)

even with a binary gender model you shouldn't use a boolean

So are their optimization reasons for these distinctions or did C++ really think this was an intuitive flow-safety mechanism?

why

you retarded bro?

ayylamo

No because what if you need to support rocks. Or plants. Or sponges.

that's kinda retarded. At least call isMale or something so you know what true and false are supposed to mean.

male -> true
female -> ! male

c++ is the ultimate brainlet filter

Yeah you have to be a brainlet to purposely make life harder for yourself by using such a clustefuck of a language.

Attached: quote-unix-is-simple-and-coherent-but-it-takes-a-genius-or-at-any-rate-a-programmer-to-understand-de (850x400, 63K)

i'll let you start the argument: why is c++ so awful?

It's mostly optimization and needed distinctions that 1% of the people doing serious template work will need to keep in mind. It's like suggesting that since C++ lets you overload new and delete, it must mean the language is hideously complex when it's only there if you need it.

Compile times are a million times slower than any decent language. There are a million different ways to do anything and everybody uses a different subset of the language so nobody understands each other's code. The absurd complexity makes it difficult to make good tooling for it. It inherits a lot of legacy nonsense from C like header files, which requires you to do everything twice, and no official build system. It claims it provides zero cost abstractions but in reality most of the "features" that make C++ different from C like classes and exceptions makes your program slower. The errors it throws are completely incomprehensible because not even the compiler can figure out what is going on and are often longer than the program itself.

>Compile times are a million times slower than any decent language
What are precompiled headers?
>There are a million different ways to do anything and everybody uses a different subset of the language so nobody understands each other's code
Pure bullshit. Most code is easily understandable, it's just that C++ has a crazy high skill ceiling and very advanced code might just look incomprehensible to an amateur. Doesn't mean people don't understand each other's code, it just means you need a certain skill level to be able to do read code written at that particular level.
>The absurd complexity makes it difficult to make good tooling for it.
I don't even know what you're aiming at with this. Tools are complex because language is complex? I have no idea what you're getting at.
>It inherits a lot of legacy nonsense from C like header files, which requires you to do everything twice, and no official build system.
Yeah, because it's easier and safer to reuse existing, age-tested APIs than invent new ones specifically trimmed to C++? How is that bad? You can always write or get a wrapper if that annoys you so much.
>It claims it provides zero cost abstractions but in reality most of the "features" that make C++ different from C like classes and exceptions makes your program slower.
Nonsense. In many cases C++ compilers exceed C compilers. Memory overhead on modern machines is negligible and if that's too much C++ has features to allow you to hand-optimize your code to your hearts desire. It just won't be portable.
>The errors it throws are completely incomprehensible because not even the compiler can figure out what is going on and are often longer than the program itself.
Your only valid point will get rectified with C++20.

KEk

C++ fags BTFO.

When you're done building endlessly complex shit and reading 100 page style guides and letting the standards committee rape you, C will be there for you.

> implying anyone would consider assigning true to women.

Programming lawyerspeak the committee needed to do after realizing certain combinations of features (iirc, the ability to delete copy and move constructors and copy elision) were completely incompatible and broke the standard.
They were faced with choosing between removing them, and doing some retardedly brilliant finagling to get out of the problem.

Basically, it's a part of the standard that only exists in words and not in code.
rvalues and lvalues are the only things you really need to understand

So basically you tried to learn C++ got stuck at pointers because they are very hard boo hoo, you got really mad and now it's a shit language because of your tardness. Unfortunately:
>there are a million different ways to do anything and everybody uses a different subset of the language so nobody understands each other's code
if you used it for more than a few hello worlds you would have notices that such "subsets" are standadized and there's one every pope death.
reading code requires skill by the way, is not like reading a novel you know
>The absurd complexity makes it difficult to make good tooling for it
gcc and clang and even vcc can produce executable able to shit on your head
>It inherits a lot of legacy nonsense from C like header files, which requires you to do everything twice, and no official build system
because C++ is a superset of C, it says so in the name. Also what you do twice exacly?
Also C++ is a language not a project management tool
> It claims it provides zero cost abstractions but in reality most of the "features" that make C++ different from C like classes and exceptions makes your program slower.
negligible compared to overhead introduced by jvm or python
>The errors it throws are completely incomprehensible because not even the compiler can figure out what is going on and are often longer than the program itself.
gcc (as all gnu software) is unnecessary criptic, I'll give you that. Clang however is much better at error messages.

all and all 2/10, git gud

That's sexist.

You are retarded bro.

This is a standard example on where to use fucking enums

The endorsement sticker for your INCEL card is in the mail.

women won't have sex with you for being nice to them

"tehe if I only I could find a guy like you."