Why do you still have a dinosaur computer Jow Forums?

why do you still have a dinosaur computer Jow Forums?

Attached: dinosaur.png (633x262, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2017/02/malware-sends-stolen-data-drone-just-pcs-blinking-led/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better cooling

Poorfag, and current setup still works.

Attached: 5b2.png (460x215, 207K)

that's a very conflicting image. At first I thought the right image was the gaymen rig of a teenager and the left the normal regular PC of a responsible adult, and perhaps it's supposed to cleverly illustrate the ageing demographic of Jow Forums, then I realized that the left one has a NuWars wallpaper and is supposed to look like a stormtrooper, and realized that I'd been looking at the image for so long that I'd developed an advanced form of cancer.

Attached: 1547182298265.jpg (998x1140, 907K)

Which of these is suppose to be the good one?
I have no idea what "2000 and late" means

2000 and late means that it belongs in 2008...

Because the see-through case and the RGB-LED Mechanical keyboards were the cheapest and most well reviewed and I'm not a little bitch so I don't give a shit what it looks like.

more like
>left: college age to 37 year old basedboi boomer
>right: fortnite zoomer kid

Attached: 1525885993943.jpg (740x416, 202K)

why 2019 setup has microwave on desk?

because a pc case should look like an appliance

Attached: minifridge.jpg (425x425, 9K)

Because I'm not gay or otherwise addicted to rainbows.

you are correct OP, the constant need for a goal post and the slow rate of change in the consumer electronics industry means that the completely plebian example of 'what you are supposed to buy' is going to move on from rgb because of near total market saturation and the price of rgb components becoming standard instead of premium. it is going to move on to mini-itx and other small form factor parts because of their premium price and visible comparitive difference to the previous 'what you are supposed to buy'

lol, just lol, if your computer isn't dead silent under normal usage conditions yet capapble of turning into a wind tunnel and putting out enough air to dry your balls off at less than -22db

Attached: thermalright.jpg (4896x3672, 3.42M)

this one is OK
that microwave one looks worse than RGB tempered glass cases
I mean, I don't really care how case looks like, as far as it has good airflow. My point is:
1. put your case on the ground
2. in OP's pic it's a fucking microwave on computer desk.

the thing with being a sycophant with advanced taste is that it signals to everyone that you're smart enough to climb an occult ladder yet too blinded by self importance to realize how arbitrary the ladder really is and how shoehorning yourself into being a reddit dork really doesn't make self-actualized people respect you, they just think you're a level 10 tool instead of a level 3 tool

I need mitx or a bigger desk and my desk is already hueg. Can I have both?

RGB lighting is so silly. Makes you look like a middle schooler and shows how much of a pathetic "gamer" you are.

Get an iMac. One wire for power. Everything else wireless. Perfection. Minimalistic and balanced as all things should be. Install Linux or Windows on it if you hate Apple so much because of what other people taught you to think.

i dont have rgb in my desktop, still a full tower because i use 3 hdds and 2 ssds with it

both of these are normalfag reddit shit, I've had the same case for 20 years

Attached: vintage-working-magitronic-486-dx-33-computer-tower-with-trident-video-card.jpg (225x400, 19K)

whats that smol itx case

my thoughts exactly

boomie case with terrible airflow owo

I'm not a gaymer bugman

I don't use RGB since I intend to sleep at night, and because the CIA niggers can use it to transmit data to a remote/drone-mounted camera.

wired.com/2017/02/malware-sends-stolen-data-drone-just-pcs-blinking-led/

Attention whoring machine on the left.
I have no fucking idea what I'm doing machine on the right.

how does the machine on the right have anything to do with 2008

also it's on the right, implying a before (left) and after (right) dichotomy

I just use what works for me

Attached: bs.jpg (1333x1000, 179K)

I want to switch away from a desktop to laptop only + NAS.

Attached: 1565045191725.png (568x433, 135K)

agree
if it aint broke dont fix it or throw money at it

i dont want to switch away from desktop, but want to have no data on my desktop -doing everything on nas

went from the left to the right after realizing air flow, expandability, cooling, etc. were important

>no numpad
How do I know that this computer is not being used by a productive member of society?

Attached: 15449923020520-mc.jpg (340x482, 37K)

What's the point of mATX/ITX stuff? Making the box smaller doesn't make it any more portable anyway. And you cannot tell me you are so pressed for space that you literally cannot find room for a regular ATX-sized case in the room.

Tales from Genesis Space?

a classic

Attached: eyeinhand.gif (320x240, 63K)

Preference, itoddlers arent use to it.

I'm in a garbage situation waiting for the next meaningful upgrade, my gpu is from 2013 and i can't upgrade to anything below 4k capability because then i will have inferior processing power compared to the next generation of consoles