Chromebooks

Are they as good as Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill Bill Nye the Science Guy was paid to say?

Attached: chromebook.jpg (1335x949, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VtJFb_P2j48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wait for that ryzen one

What the hell is the point of high-spec Chromebooks? I saw one at the store for like $1300 the other day and was kind of confused, I thought the whole point of the Chromebook was to be a low-power cheap device for minimal productivity stuff.

I love mine but I don't do anything other than school work and youtube

A $300 windows PC with google chrome installed can do everything a $1000 chromebook can do, a $1000 Chromebook can't do anything that a $1000 windows laptop can do

Poorfag much?

get a used thinkpad instead

youtu.be/VtJFb_P2j48

you can install windows on a chromebook you moron

Dogshit. Just the chrome browser with apps and even more botnet/spyware than any chinkdroid in existence.

not an argument

simple machines for simple people

Nope. They're utter garbo, one of the biggest meme devices ever created. Pretty much any alternative would be better. Linux, Mac, and Windows are all drastically superior.

you know how people bitch about GNU? about how there's no software support, not enough hardware support, and a limiting platform? did you know that GNU is actually a better option than this bullshit, since at least GNU ships with more programs than a goddam web browser?

It's at least better than Windows, but that isn't saying much.

I've been looking into them, one that can fold up and be used as a tablet would be really neato. You can run linux desktop apps on some of them, for light work, and android apps for content consumption, social media, etc. Seems pretty based for a mobile device.

I like this yoga form because they are cheap, fanless, capable of browsing the web without lagging and are more comfortable in bed than tablets.

But still fuck Google.

A chromebook is what you call a "casual computer". It's essentially windows 10 S in linux's clothing.

Attached: 1566158047265.png (528x442, 436K)

Chromebooks are the most locked-in walled garden I've seen in my life.

You NEED a Google account in order to even use the damn thing. You can use Windows without a Microsoft account and macOS without an Apple account.

Also, software. If you don't like IE or Edge, Microsoft lets you install an alternate browser. If you don't like Safari, Apple lets you install an alternate browser. If you don't like Chrome, Google says tough luck. Chromebooks (or Crapbooks as I prefer to call them) are Google's mandatory data collection tool. No opting out.

All pro-Chromebook arguments made by Google can be easily debunked. For example: virus. Both Windows and macOS have built-in virus protection just like a Chromebook does. Chromebooks can not just one but TWO types of viruses: Chrome extensions and Android apps.

Also, speed. Google often brags about how fast a Crapbook can boot up. However, any computer using an SSD can boot up pretty fast. Waiting just one more second for your computer to boot up is totally worth it for a computer that has infinitely more functionality. Also, Windows and macOS hardware is almost always more powerful that the Crapbook hardware they compete with: more storage, more RAM, more powerful CPUs. 2 GBs of RAM with an Intel Atom processor is the norm for Crapbooks.

Also, Windows and macOS both have millions of programs that are designed for keyboard and mouse. A Crapbook can only run mobile apps that are designed for touch that you will have to use with a keyboard and mouse. To put it short, Windows and macOS have programs while Crapbooks have apps.

Compared to Google, Apple is a lord and Microsoft is a saint. I never thought I'd hear myself saying that sentence.

All the current "good" ones out there right now have something horribly wrong with them

>HP x360
shit screen and wobbly hinge

>Asus c434
quality control issues out the ass

>jewgle pixelbook
old-ass low power hardware and expensive

Attached: 1544256032417.jpg (960x600, 157K)

>fanless
How

based proprietariat goes out of his way to compare chromebooks to windows and mac without once mentioning linux, especially when talking about botnets and forcing users to have an online account.

>windows on 64GB EMMC
lol no thanks

>mfw they sell Windows laptops with 64gb EMMC

Attached: 1556764182973.jpg (507x507, 39K)

Chromebooks are for two kinds of people.

Super casual normy tier grandma and grandpa do the bills online and baby's first laptop.

Or...

The super power user who dualboots/paves over with Linux and is intimately familiar with networking.

There is no in-between. So for the latter user they need some serious grunt to do what they need it for.

And the screens are bretty gud the higher you go.

ChromeOS is Gentoo.

based

Hardened gentoo.