Is using exact audio copy still the best way to rip old CDs in windows?

Is using exact audio copy still the best way to rip old CDs in windows?

Attached: Exact-Audio-Copy-Icon.png (256x256, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/2442/how-to-rip-scratched-audio-cds/224313#224313
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cdda2wav
fosshub.com/Exact-Audio-Copy.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep, though I've never really noticed a concrete difference between one lossless rip and another lossless rip

Yes

Fundamentally, there probably isn't a difference. Rather EAC produces a log that enables you to create a 1:1 duplicate of the commercial CD with gapless playback in addition to verifying the integrity of the rip at 100% or less depending on damage to the disc and other factors.

>ripping cd's in Windows
I always used cdparanoia.

>windows
>eac

Attached: 1554753417099.jpg (125x93, 2K)

>cdparanoia

Attached: 1543661676383.jpg (233x172, 6K)

cdparanoia is broken abandoned shit
use cdda2wav

It automatically re-reads in damaged sections of a disc until it gets a good rip and works well with a large number of drives.

it's superior than winshit

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/2442/how-to-rip-scratched-audio-cds/224313#224313

>a program is "abandoned" just because it's finished and completed
hi zoomer chan

Yep. Cdparanoia is equally good quality, but EAC gives the same results quicker.

You sound like someone who has never ripped a scratched CD with iTunes. It announces success and you add it all to your library, only to discover later some of the tracks have skips in them. EAC detects this and retries until it gets it right, and then points you at any questionable bits so you can review them to see if they sound alright.

Yes /thread

read it you stupid boomer

>it doesn't report errors so it's good

Attached: 1539574838342.jpg (113x125, 2K)

>abcde
just have to get or create the config once.

it uses iirc

no wonder trackers are full of shit

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cdda2wav

fre:ac has a much simpler interface

No it doesn't.

I said iTunes doesn't report errors. EAC tries a lot of times and then tells you if it thinks there might be bits of your rip that it can't get a successful read on.

Okay thanks. I don't know why I have it installed instead if another program, but I guess that it's justified.

Yes. It's even available on fosshub now
>fosshub.com/Exact-Audio-Copy.html

dbpoweramp is better than all this shit