/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bc83fH
pcpartpicker.com/list/PyZmV6
radeonpro.info/
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2Txhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/kTHTvn
youtube.com/watch?v=7AbNeht4tAE
youtu.be/c6qtsN9m6xU
pcpartpicker.com/list/gs7JFt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Exactly why i think pee see gaymerz need to stfu

A much better and reasonable OP thanks OP

God this OP is a fucking mess

Attached: tmp_130961499053424475787272100.jpg (235x210, 10K)

someone last thread said 6 Ryzen 3xxx cores will be better than 8 Ryzen 2xxx cores. How true is this? Microcenter has the R5-3600 for $200 or the R7-2700X for the exact same price.

Save your hundos and buy some land.

You will get a better Mother board deal with the 3000 series as well as a discount on ram and gpu

already have that. 21 acres to be exact. I'm trying to price out a sub $1400 build and I was wondering if it's worth getting Ryzen 3000 series. Are they still suffering issues with idle voltage/temps/etc? I'm not looking to invest into a headache

Someone please shill me on the evga xc ultra

>pcpartpicker.com/list/bc83fH
>WD blue
>HDDs at all
>shitty SSD
>2070S instead of 5700XT
>overpriced 750W PSU

>$1200 for this
holy fuck what are you doing
pcpartpicker.com/list/PyZmV6
get a grey market windows key.

$500 for 2080S? Get that then I guess.

>4 year old monitors
>that i plan on using another 6 years

Look at a benchmarks? dur

Which mobo do i pick?

-GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X
-ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
-Gigabyte Z390 UD
-ASRock Z390 Pro4

It is for an i5-9400F build, i don't pan to do any OC

>9400
None of them. Buy a cheap board

Favourite PSUs at 750w?

>9400F
>Z390
Get better brain. You can get B450 and the much better 3600 for that money.

i was talking about software
>radeonpro.info/
basically im looking for the modern equivalent of that

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2Txhy
I am in need of a cheap but not shit power supply, preferably without any of the visible color cables. They didnt bother me as much when I was a kid, but now the single simple color aesthetic is really something I like.
Windowed case so I can see the 600 leaf red devil GPU I'm going to buy, but im not sure what's the cheapest/best at a low price.
All on newegg.ca so when the instant the GPU pops up, I can add it to the cart and instant PayPal for it.

Attached: IMG_20190804_175254_086.jpg (750x746, 90K)

Wait for Navi WX cards, then?

AMD gaming drivers are vastly better for professional software than Nvidia's are, so you'd be fine just getting a Radeon card for most workstation usage.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2Txhy
>red devil
The RAM obviously isn't ideal and and you should at least overclock it, but the new stuff looks fine.
Notable that that PSU can be a bit noisy. It's going to be the noisiest thing in your case over such a quiet GPU.

>8 cores? Why do you need 8 threads? 4 cores without hyperthreading is more than enough.

4 cores and 8 threads is the minimum everyone should have these days

>i don't plan to do any OC
you can't even OC on that CPU.
Also, why waste your money on a 9400f?

pcpartpicker.com/list/kTHTvn
What graphics card card do you guys suggest I get with this build? I'm honestly sick of waiting and am seriously considering get a 2070S

I was looking at a build and Ireally liked the asrock Pro4

But with Motherboards, you really "buy the features" since all of them can run the processor and have slots for a graphics card.
Ask yourself, "Which features do I want/need?" and go from there. You may not want a board with integrated wifi if you already have a wifi card that can be plugged into a mobo

personally, I was looking at the ASRock z390 Pro4 - I liked the look.

Although, I did ultimately decide to not get the i3 9100f combo I had in mind and go slightly more expensive to the ryzen i5 2600x ASrock b450 Fatal1ty build instead. But i was seriously considering an intel build too.

Get a Radeon 5700 for realzies

that is why i am here. I don't know anything about hardware since the geforce 4.
Are you talking about AMD 3600?, well the choices and prices in my place are fucked. I look for something that isn't utter shit, the 3600 is like 80 dollars more expensive.
Aren't AMD CPUs power hogs? I had once a fx 8300 and it was roaring like crazy

ye, ill check out some amd mobos. I really don't need any special features except a m.2 ssd slot

Best gpu to pair with a 3700x "overkill" gaming CPU?

Attached: 3DD0176584294C86A2A88E27D517372C.png (467x348, 205K)

Are there any VA panels at 144hz that don't suffer from ghosting?

I just want a 1440 27" 144hz monitor with good contrast

Attached: HXVChqB.jpg (4032x3024, 872K)

Is the ledditor responding to the OP here right that you can't output video over TB3 on this board with that CPU?
Jow ForumsAmd/comments/cs0o30/amd_ryzen_9_3900x_advice_on_a_thunderbolt_3/

Will I have to buy a 3m long HDMI 2.1 together with a Thunderbolt cable?

How long will I need to wait to get a hold of one? for realzies

I like that you're helpful but you have a hard on for AMD. Your posting style is too obvious and the majority of people who want the 5700 xt can't because AMD is being fags with poor launch decisions.

The 3600x has roughly the same power draw as the 9900k. You can't really see the line for Intel, but it's there.

Attached: untitled-1.png (712x439, 25K)

A lot changes in 8 years
Just watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=7AbNeht4tAE

I'm bad decision to go for a i9 9900k and a 2080ti?

Shit I'm looking at 3000+ $ CAD with that build. Is that pc gonna be a monster for at least 5 years?

*Is it a bad decision...

Don't do that. You can get a build that's less than half the price and will only run like 15% slower

Barring major changes in the next 2, it'll last.

5700 xt

I have a 9900k and 2080Ti, pic related. It plays fantastic and I haven't had a single issue with instability or the like. It just works.

Attached: PC-Spooky.png (798x559, 43K)

Chances the reference blower 5700xt will plummet in price?

6c6t works just fine

No, all va panels ghost. If you want lest ghosting get an ips, even less ghoasting, tn..

Graphics card are designed to break down right after 3 years of daily usage. That's why their warranty stand that short period of time.

can I get IPS with VA level contrast?

>break down
In what way? My GPU is coming up on 10 years old.

proof? Because I have a 980Ti since launch date that still works. I also have a GT210, GT710, and a GTX550Ti. All of them still work. Maybe when you buy AMD garbage it's designed to break.

I'm and I have an AMD card

well then that other user is talking out of his ass.

Nope. Just wait 10 years for micro led or dual layer lcd to be affordable.

what should I get in the mean time then?
IPS 1440 144hz 27"?

convince me to not get a 9700k

I ordered one and it should arrive in about a week
t. binland :DDD

no

I can't convince you to not get 9700 vulnerabilities

So an i5-9400F + mobo at cheapest is 350$ and 380$ at most expensive

AMD 3600 + GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE is 399

Is it really worth the additional dollars? can the mobo handle the new processor?

Yes. Unless you dont care about shooting and drving games. Like if you just like rpgs and rts, get a va

I only paid 370 for my 3700xt and mobo

I live in a shithole country where all tech is overpriced

They benchmark about the same, tbqh. In general, the 3600 does slightly better in games since they value single-core performance so much (which the 3600 does better than the 2700X). In multicore performance, the 2700X is slightly better.

It's really just going to depend on your use cases. But if you're willing to stomach some of the weirdness of Zen 2, that's probably the best move, I think.

He will get a better deal overall taking the 3600 because microcenter

just finished my first pc thanks guys

Well the thing is that games on the newer consoles are supposedly going to be optimized for 8 cores right? I'm not looking to have to upgrade for a long while and Ryzen 2xxx seems like the best series of the 3 thus far as far as it's "just werks" ability out of the box. Plus I don't have to worry about BIOS nonsense. Is the 7% or so IPC increase really worth losing out on 2c4t?

Yeah I know I should upgrade the ram, but bought that set right as I decided to build a computer, got it locally off some fat fuck who sold it for 50 leafs. I didnt really think the speed would matter that much, as long as I had the 16gb capacity, it does have the xmp and oc potential too, so I can bank on that if needed. Might just upgrade when ddr5 32gb becomes standard.
Still would appreciate reccs for the PSU and case though

The wait is killing me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: 1559171213929.png (270x270, 109K)

AMD niggers better release RX 5600 soon.

2070s dont listen to the amd shills

I'm in need of new storage. One of my external hard drives just failed sadly, but it was pretty old. I've never set anything up, just plugged in externals.

I mostly download and seed from private trackers and have a tendency to never ever delete anything, so i need a lot. I also watch movies/shows from them.

What's the best way to go for the highest amount of storage with the best lifetime/reliability?

Pic related is my current setup. H:\ just failed.

Attached: Drives.png (792x211, 22K)

delete stuff :)

>vulnerabilities
literally havent patched the other ones they found and no big bad hackers have attacked me yet

Never

Anything corsair or evga

If you're willing to put in the extra work, you can make any PSU look better for cheap

youtu.be/c6qtsN9m6xU

don't settle for less, join the winning side.

Attached: 20190727_105636.jpg (2259x1694, 1.08M)

gonna buy a used Sapphire RX 570 4gb Pulse for $90 wish me luck bois (it has a store warranty of 1 month so i guess it's ayt to gamble on a card that might have been used for mining) ((not america so this is very cheap since a new RX 570 is $180 here)

What parts of your build do you refuse to step down on?

I've chosen to go 3600 over 3700x, willing to go from 2070S to used 1080 or 1070ti (I'm not a big gaymer), because 7nm EUV is on the horizon for the next generation of CPUs and GPUs.

But I refuse to budge on a 27GL850, unless something better at the same price comes out of nowhere before the end of the year.

Guys there was a very organized pastebin containing links to activate Windows.

Do you have one to get and activate MS Office without getting some malware?

Boomer user please don't take the OP that seriously, it's usually done by literal mentally ill shills.
If you want an "overkill" gaming CPU, get a 9700K or 9900K, Ryzen only exceeds at lower price points or productivity tasks.

It's not really worth considering a high end CPU until you have at least a 2070 Super or better.

Based, great choices user.

Should I buy a Intel I7 5930k, MSI X99 Deluxe with 32 GB of DDR4 3000 Patriot Viper Memory used for 275?

Currently Running 2600k on a Z97 with 32 GB of ddr3.

Yes absolutely, that's a pretty nice rig for that money.

three 12 TB seagate HDDs from amazon

>don't settle for less
>no hyperthreading

Attached: 1565721592890.gif (347x244, 3.72M)

I want something relatively future proof for light gaming, emulation, and photoediting related work. I'd like it to be dead silent and under 800 where I can just upgrade the card later, might get a Quadro for the 10bit color in the meantime. What CPUs should I consider if I'm going cheap on everything else and may just overclock down the road?

0%

>can't find a decent 2070 Super in Canuckistan, everything out of stock
>has been for days
>last part of my build I need

help

Rate and dont tell me to not get 1070ti and to get a 2060 instead, i already have that gpu ill switch it out to the new pc pcpartpicker.com/list/gs7JFt

I want to listen to the amd shills but the 5700 xt aib's are still sold out and some are still unavailable

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 28K)

the asrock 5700xt ships in 4-6 days if you buy them now on newegg

-CoolerMaster Masterbox MB511
>Good airflow
>No ODD
>Includes 1 fan
>48€

-Fractal Design Focus G
>Good... brand I guess?
>ODD
>Includes 2 fans
>Can only install 2 fans on the front
>56€

-Silentium Regnum RG4
>ODD
>Includes 3 fans
>Can install 3 fans on the front
>Not so recognizable brand outside of a few european countries
>58€
>Windowless version available for 53€

Which one should I pick /pcbg/?

>CoolerMaster Masterbox MB511
seems like meshify c clone but cheaper
definitely go with that one
>its $40 US on newegg with rebate right now
dang, that's quite a deal

Yeah, a shame yuropoors like me can't enjoy such deals

Is the performance diff between 2200g and 3200g big, should i go with the newer 3200g

>being this gullible

the 2200g is just Ryzen 1xxx cores with 7 Vega units. The 3200g is just Ryzen 2xxx cores with the same 7 Vega units. Unless you're getting a killer deal on the 3200g, waste of money imo. I'd get a 2400g (4c8t) before a 3200g.

Which x470 has the usb flash bios option? Is there an easy chance for something to go wrong doing this ruining the motherboard? That's one reasons I don't want to go with amd.

Phanteks evolv X

only msi x470 boards have bios flashback

No

Which case would be better, Cooler Master NR600 or NZXT H500?

Can't go wrong with the H500

Hi, thanks.

For 1080p? It's fine.
For 1440p? You're better off with a 3900X. You can disable SMT and lock FCLK for the same/better gaming perf as the 9900k anyway.

That's only true of the ones with shitty coolers, as explained in the OP FAQ.

Get a CPU which uses less power and doesn't stutter.

... you're asking if it's worth $19 more for a combo that's as good as an i7-8700 and far above the 9400F. I don't know what to tell you.
The only problem you might have is you need a local shop to update BIOS for you as AMD might not ship bootkits to your country.

for 50 bucks, it's probably fine. Just make sure you overclock it.

5700XT or 2080Ti.

>spending twice as much money for a ~15% performance increase
Wow such a chad

You can get a 3600 and 16GB of memory for that price which is a lot better, minus the having half the RAM. But I presume you won't even use over 16GB.
I'd pay maybe $200 for that, only because I'd throw a GPU and SSD in there to resell and not actually use.

It's like 7-10% dif. I'd get the 2400G instead, as I've seen them for around $105.

A 3600 is not as good as an 8700K you absolutely retarded shill.
Go away stockholder-kun.