Are cloudflare services so necessary and irreplaceable that 8ch is still offline after all this time?

Are cloudflare services so necessary and irreplaceable that 8ch is still offline after all this time?

Attached: cfic.png (761x496, 133K)

Back when cloudflare wasn't around internet worked just as well. Created just as much or more problems than it solved. Fuck cloudflare, fuck CDNs and fuck websites that sold their soul to them.

apparently, yes.

The DDoS protection is necessary for sites which are likely targets for attacks.
And you can bet there are people who want to attack 8fag for one reason or another.

But user, there are more corporate people who want to attack cripple than 1337fags and the facts serve as evidence with all the propaganda carried by the media and the reason it's down in the first place being the political interests of two corporations.
Infinity is a platform for independent people, so wouldn't it make sense for it to be independent?

They already moved to another anit-ddos service, but Jim is keeping the site offline until after his congressional hearing next month. All these services seem like mafia shit to me.

You can't just look back into the past with rose-tinted glasses
The internet is much more massive than it was years ago. A website's gotta load a shit ton more today.

Cloudflare/CDN's enabled websites to scale to the masses with ddos protection too. Of course there will be more problems with added complexity, but that's to be expected of any system.

I remember Jow Forums before cloudfare.

It was offline every other day due to getting DDoS ing to hell and back.

They summoned the owner of 8ch to speak with the FBI and some committee of politicians, I think the owner said he was going to keep 8ch offline until after that meeting
when i try to visit 8ch all i get is a redirect to some dodgy advertising wall so basically my security software wont let me go there
(replace "* *" with "an")
nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/8ch**-owner-ordered-appear-congress-next-month-n1042426

I thought DDoS was illegal. What do we pay taxes for if the cops can't protect us from libshits ddossing our neonazi/anime boards?

Its a protection racket.

Remember goy, the captcha is only temporary.

>website's gotta load a shit ton more today.
It doesn't. That's the whole fucking point. Website development is outsourced to the cheapest and most incompetent pajeets.

You don't need cloudflare to protect yourself from ddos.

he thinks the police care

Now you are going to tell me you miss the brown boxes and all those bots from before captcha

No, I much prefer the nine boxes I have to look at every time I want to make a post and the bots that pay third-worlders to fill out the captcha for them.

by Allah I love capitalism and monopoly

>Are cloudflare services so necessary and irreplaceable
there are competitors out there that provide just as good services and are not cucks. 8ch could appear on tor if they wished but I believe they're finished. the zeronet version is starting to get a lot of users. it's good to see. maybe that's the new home now?

>not having a Jow Forums pass

>giving money to terrorists

>not funding terrorism with your profits from dealing meth cooked up by your child slaves on the dark net
Pathetic

>maybe that's the new home now?
Maybe. But zeronet is still not ready for use.

why'd you do that: the ** thing

the spam would merely make this site better

You were probably underage but the spam was fucking aweful.

they do have an onion address though.