> Not using PC speaker for sound

Attached: index.jpg (177x103, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nj8j7IGQP6E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZz7QKJIu88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What would I need sound for?

Gaymin music

Games are for children. I bet you use a toy OS like DOS.

No

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

OS/2 is also crap.

What 90s meme OS do you use?

GNU/Linux.

I like properly playing my MIDI files.

back then they were actual speakers, not little piezo-electric beepers
youtube.com/watch?v=nj8j7IGQP6E

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1001x727, 153K)

Windows NT

I have a LED status indicator instead

Are you deaf?

> 1993
> he doesn't own a soundblaster or gravis ultrasound.. or both.
pretty sad.

zoom-zoom

>1993
>has a piezo pc-speaker
what a fag

holy fucking basedbro

to indicate when there's sound?

I still have some membrane loudspeakers around that I harvested from old computers and thinclients, but I have no proper place to mount them in my current case.

NEW BAD
OLD GOOD

Everyone had a Soundblaster or GUS.

how do I get one like that?

I haven't used a PC speaker for sound since "hacking" my config.sys and autoexec.bat files to be able to play Doom on my PC with 8MB of RAM.

look for 8ohm, 0.25 or 0.5w speakers (i'm pretty sure some computers had those chunkier 0.5w ones, but they were mostly 0.25w ones from my experience)

Attached: 2019-08-19-212629_800x382_scrot.png (800x382, 177K)

here's the chunkier ones i'm sure i've seen before

Attached: 2019-08-19-213046_804x349_scrot.png (804x349, 147K)

How tho
Doom ran fine on 4MB and was fairly forgiving of conventional memory. Not to mention SB compatibles didn't require resident drivers.

i was too poor

Those beeps are scary.
Color leds and numbers are less aggressive.

>piezo buzzer integrated on the motherboard
>shrillest sound possible for such a device
>can't be removed or disabled
>suddenly a memory fault
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP ... BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Attached: 1566213950514.jpg (739x415, 19K)

How do I know if there is a PC speaker in my laptop or just emulation?

You didn't need to hack config.sys for doom since it ran comfy without retarded changes.

>ran fine
No, not in the slightest, unless you wanted poor graphics and weren't on Nightmare. All that shit slowed down everything if you weren't rocking $400 8MB of RAM. I was using a 486DX2 at the time. Rebooting specifically for individual game settings was the best method for highest frame rates.

>SB compatibles
Didn't have one at the time. The rig was $2k, had only 4MB of RAM, and didn't come with a sound card or CD drive. I got the 8MB of RAM a bit later with money made mowing lawns then I got the sound card and CD drive later as Xmas gifts with a copy of Star Wars: TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM. Best Xmas ever, after spending like 6 hours getting everything to work right and load up.

It didn't. You weren't even born at the time. You don't even know what the config.sys does or could do to help Doom back then, kid.

DOS programs like Doom could use extenders like DOS/4G to run in protected mode while still using the DOS API

I use IRIX/MIPS, HP-UX/PA-RISC, Solaris/SPARC, and VMS/Alpha. You use DOS based turds on generic CISC shit because you're a poorfag.

In laptops of the last decade and prior which are exclusively using integrated sound chips (or on Windows 7 and higher), it's always emulation. Even before that, the 8254 timer output was often routed through the soundcard's amplifier.

But MIDI is message data, not sound

>IRIX/MIPS, HP-UX/PA-RISC, Solaris/SPARC, and VMS/Alpha
enjoy your worthless UNIX trash

Very weird flex, not sure if trolling or senile...

>Very weird flex, not sure if trolling or senile...

Attached: 1534393764456.gif (404x561, 166K)

it always shocked me how pinball fantasies managed to pull those sounds from a pc speaker without a sound card.
here's doom for comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZz7QKJIu88