Avoid Xiaomi if you care about your privacy

Avoid Xiaomi if you care about your privacy.

I lost 7GB of bandwidth under one night because all of data on my phone was being uploaded to their Chinese servers

Attached: 1549886738702.png (269x268, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/9tgyrg/any_reason_why_my_xiaomi_robot_vacuum_uploads/
quora.com/Do-Xiaomi-phones-really-spy-on-our-data-question-details
en.ocworkbench.com/mobile-news/redmi-note-alleged-sending-photos-sms-china-servers-secretly/
medianama.com/2014/08/223-xiaomi-miui-phones-sent-user-data-to-chinese-servers-without-consent-issues-a-fix/
youtube.com/watch?v=x2AlnVh6JTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do you have the default os on your xiaomi phone ?

>implying a custom rom made by pajeet or brazilian is any safer

I got a Mix 2, but with a custom ROM.
Ultimate solution?

>Avoid Xiaomi if you care about your privacy.
You get what you pay for you

>I lost 7GB of bandwidth under one night
Image being an amerimutt and not having unlimited data

Attached: 85a0e266.jpg (960x1280, 157K)

Get lineage os you cuck

>he doesn't turn aeroplane mode on when going to sleep
>he doesn't use a free as in freedom local dns filter to see if his phone pings the three letter agencies

>turn on airplane mode when you go sleep
>phone flies away

Yeah let's make the phone lose some of its functions with more bugs and get blocked by safetynet.

>safetynet
>using nonfree spyware

Thank you for the credible source OP

what functions are lost ?
why would you have a warranty for your phone anyways. ive never broke a phone by dropping it or whateverelse they would cover for.

Are you being for real? 80% of the time, the fingerprint scanner and/or face unlock will stop working

That's one of the many issues with custom ROMs

Why the fuck do you use fingerprint of face scan anyways. Have fun in the botnet.
I removed the ribbons for my fingerprint scanner and IR Camera from my pocophone

>mutt enables xiaomi cloud
>automatically backup everything
>muh privacy, china bad us good
go chug on google's dick and then commit sudoku

based tard

rent free

>I finally got my Samsung Phone
>Look at tmy Android OS! ha. Apple Bad.
>Time to link up my Phone with all my Google Accounts and Backup everything ot my Goggle Cloud.
>My phone also has a Fingerprint scanner and A Face Scanner too. Sweet!
> "HeY GoOgLe"
> Why would someone not use this? It is wonderful!

meanwhile the average itoddler installs facebook on their phone and all their data gets sent to facebook

>>he doesn't use a free as in freedom local dns filter to see if his phone pings the three letter agencies
How do I go about doing this?

> no proof
> this thread
> into the trash it goes

Attached: 1546680339374.png (650x429, 578K)

Didn't we have a Xiaomi hate thread up yesterday as well?
I wonder who could be behind this

user, why did you buy chink phone in the first place?

>80% of the time, the fingerprint scanner and/or face unlock will stop working
Sounds like bad design on behalf of the custom ROM. I'm guessing the ROMs themselves have been designed with compatibility for specific models? I wonder how hard it is to edit their settings in order to support a phone that's unsupported by default? You'd hope it would be a simple text file that you just enter the internal device addresses and perhaps some sort of data format flag too.

some amerishart butthurted by china

>tfw Android OS used 17 GB this month
I don't even know what the fuck it's sending I don't even generate that much data unless it's recording my masturbation sessions

Attached: Screenshot_20190819-130749_Inst�llningar.png (1053x866, 90K)

Backups

It's Lineage OS with microG without any Google account associated and sync is disabled

Disable OTA updates.

Retard.

Already is disabled because I flash through TWRP, also I'm still on 15.1/Oreo (for xposed+xprivacy lua) so it's not even getting updates anymore. I do have Android OS (PID 1000) blocked with AFWall+ though so maybe the huge amount of data is simply because it keeps trying to retransmit data but keeps failing.

>muttstrocity discovers xiaomeme cloud
>too melanin to use it
Obama phones were a mistake

>fisherpriceOS
>safe

I use a custom rom and never lost 7GB of bandwith overnight

Nice FUD. This is only a problem if you download random unofficial ports from xda.

The official rom on global phones doesn't do the either. OP is a shill.

Joj

cia niggers post really weird threads

ok so serious question, what brand would you recommend then? I'm currently using a xiaomei bought less than one year ago and I'm doing fine with it, but what should I go for next?

anything with an american backdoor is fine

>metered connection
leling @ ur lyfe

skyking skyking skyking do not respond

Johj?

>things that never happened: the post
nice try tim apple

Attached: 1467655174503.jpg (707x299, 36K)

Use the global OS user you probably bought it directly from China

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/9tgyrg/any_reason_why_my_xiaomi_robot_vacuum_uploads/
quora.com/Do-Xiaomi-phones-really-spy-on-our-data-question-details
en.ocworkbench.com/mobile-news/redmi-note-alleged-sending-photos-sms-china-servers-secretly/
medianama.com/2014/08/223-xiaomi-miui-phones-sent-user-data-to-chinese-servers-without-consent-issues-a-fix/

just because you cant configure your phone to do what you want it to do, or youre just too lazy to read anything and hit "yes", "next" and "agree" like a clueless kid it does NOT release you from consequences. great reason to start an inane thread regarding your own shortcomings on a technology related board. the whole privacy thing made me laugh.

>no proof

>2014
ok

This.

you forgot to turn off the sync to your mi account and there it goes. 7 gb of dick pics to their chinese servers

>Avoid Xiaomi if you care about your privacy.
Avoid any Chinese Android smartphone if you care about your privacy.
Avoid Android smartphones if you care about your privacy.
Avoid smartphones if you care about your privacy.
>I fixed it for you OP

>using brazilian roms instead of compilig lineagos from source yourself
lmaoing at your life lol

it just werks for me

>the fingerprint scanner and/or face unlock will stop working
That's actually better.

I just get Sony phones nowadays

A while ago I found 4 open ports for monitoring software/exploits on my fucking Mibox. Fuck this company they don't even hide what they're doing.

Sony has no games

Why are there so many Xiaomi shills demanding "proof" when there's plenty of evidence in this thread and on the Internet?

I will never stop using my Xiaomi Mi 9T

Attached: 20190819_112949kl.jpg (2016x1512, 1.01M)

Most autistic thing I've seen today and it has to be a weebcel too

Attached: 1554191393855.jpg (867x800, 60K)

>phone cover
yikes

Pocophone for life!

Attached: DNjz7D-UMAE83mk.jpg (1200x1500, 223K)

>when there's plenty of evidence in this thread
Are we in the same thread?

that chink has ugly eyes and smile

Custom roms are terrible, a fucking disgrace, imagine having to maintain a distro per Phone model. who the fuck designed this ecosytem.

>unofficial ports
the 99% of port are unofficial.

it's a chink, what did you expect?

Cute

>data caps
Lmao
Also install blokada, blocks all connections to xiaomi servers with default settings

You misspelled AdAway

> it's recording my masturbation sessions

My biggest dread. I always put my cell phones some place from the cameras won't catch me.

I never lost any bandwidth using lineageos

Attached: pepe5.png (1000x1000, 171K)

Get one that has a proper LOS build then, there are several Xiaomi devices on the list, in fact, I run the official build for the RN4 and it works without any issues.

>Avoid smartphones if you care about your privacy
Jesus fucking christ, when are you kids going to finally get it?

>Look guys I finally proved the Chink spying that every western intel agency can't prove to the public, and all it took was watching my router logs! Buy Apple immediately

Sure thing, CIA

OP probably realised what actually happened and fled the thread in embarrassment. Xiaomi has an optional cloud backup sync just like most flagship Android and Apple phones and he forgot to turn it off after signing into a Xiaomi account. So the "secret spying" was just a typical backup.

XIAO MEI MEI

Proof has been posted several times in this thread, and not just in this thread, but on the Internet by multiple people. But you can keep samefagging and screaming "proof", fucking chink. Can't wait for Xiaomi to get banned in USA (and hopefully in EU) in the next ban wave.

No, it's "proof" with no weight by schizos who their glasswire log is defeating spy agencies. Keep shaking NSA, no ones buying your bullshit

fuck off huawei shill (more like huafail xD ), xiaomichads will not be scared that easily

Fucking idiot and a liar..

Le meme os. Bugs: you tell me. Anyway, just use a damn firewall.

Same energy

Attached: TerrificSickIndianabat-max-1mb.gif (256x320, 894K)

>Proof has been posted several times in this thread,
>Random article from 5 years ago.
Ok

Nice watch fatso.

ITT: "Tech people" dont even know how their phones even work.

I been using my A1 for almost 2 years. Great budget phone. Not a single byte uploaded to somewhere i dont recognize.

Keep trying, trump

Attached: D_w8JuGXYAEVoa2.jpg (400x197, 14K)

/thread

a how abou a bru too skootur?

Anyone using Xiaomi.eu? How is it?

>citizen watch
youtube.com/watch?v=x2AlnVh6JTg

Bullshit.

The only thing my phone did was update to Android Pie, that's the 1.8 GB.

This mutt probably had some cloud bullshit running in the background.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-19-20-23-14-093_com.miui.securitycenter.png (720x1440, 103K)

prove it

this

>pleddit
>quora
Go away

T-That's a feature, round-eye!

Attached: 1451773057747.jpg (876x493, 21K)

what a clown lol

Do you believe one excuses the other?

I have the same. It's a great phone

Yep
Pic related. It's OP

Attached: 1564972232312.png (880x660, 117K)