/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q [Open] [Open] [Open]

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>I7 9700K/I9 9900K - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps (wait for AIB partner availability)
2160p (4K)
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive
>2070 Super is a viable option in lieu of AIB 5700XT availability as long as you don't pay more than $500us

>Navi AIB models come this week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Previous

Attached: 102414-626898-full.jpg (1124x845, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u9y16dnkU8k
coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-itx/mastercase-h100/
computeruniverse.net/de/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-pulse-80-gb-high-end-videokarta
computeruniverse.net/de/asus-tuf-gaming-x3-radeon-rx-5700-xt-oc-8-gb-high-end-grafikkarte
computeruniverse.net/de/msi-radeon-rx-5700xt-evoke-oc-80-gb-oc-high-end-videokarta
computeruniverse.net/de/asrock-radeon-5700xt-challanger-8-gb-oc-high-end-grafikkarte
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no pcbg-more FAQ link

T H R E A D R I P
W H E N

2TB M.2 NVME SSD's are not possible to acquire here for 100 Euro, unless you mean SATA or otherwise than maybe. I'll check. I still would like to get a large HDD for long term storage and backups regardless since it's cheap and reliable based off my research. The ADATA drive here is one of the fastest around.

>Are you absolutely positive that Vega FE is better than the 5700 or a Quadro card for the applications you use?
Absolutely. It's basically on par at 3D with the Quadro P6000 according to Tom's Hardware most notably. It having the same hardware as the WX 9100 is also a bonus. I do remember however the Vega FE scoring twice as low in Geekbench OpenCL, and generally being terrible at the d3d12 ray tracing procedural geometry demo at 13 fps according to a friend of mine who has it.

Other than that, at 550$ (including shipping) which is still cheaper than what the RX 5700 XT Pulse and above go for, I'm considering it. I also remember the standard Vega 64 being superior than the XT in Source and Davinci Resolve, though that might be due to driver issues as always. There's also the case of having to modify a registry key to switch between the driver type for the Vega FE, and installing the drivers using device manager but that takes like a minute at most.

After getting detailed reports of what it can do from other users, and comparisons, and the general value for it compared to typical out of box Vega 64's being at similar price points (Yes, i can still get a used Blower Vega 64 for 300$, but still) it's pretty much a no brainer for professional tasks.

As for the build, i intend to upgrade it to this. I recently purchased a refurbished R9 290X Tri-X for 100$, though i ordered that to the Office and it's been closed for a long weekend so i can only pick it up now, FedEx wasn't fast enough. I might still get a Vega 64 in installments if possible. Not that the 290X is a bad card to have. Should be more than enough for 1080p at this point.

Attached: sell and replace.png (764x653, 56K)

any hueland AKA sopa de macaco lurkers here? I have a question: where you guys buy hardware? whats the best/cheapest place to buy stuff here?

Attached: kuruminha.jpg (900x900, 185K)

Ok wtf. You fags are all just shills.

2060 Super is better than 5700 XT in many situations including most 4K.

In fact it looks like Radeon marketing is focusing on ‘better than NoVideo for 1440k’ for a reason.

You red fags are pathetic
t. Red fag

Attached: D34A7DB7-1B68-420D-9DC7-85026C518EB8.jpg (750x710, 35K)

>Yeah, though isn't that an issue with pretty much every cheap case?
The SilentiumPC Signum SG1 is an anomaly in this case. It along with the Regnum are probably the best budget mid towers on the market right now. The hexagons on the front are kinda blergh if that's not your thing (it isn't mine) so just keep that in mind. And it is a relatively compact and lightweight case.

Also, if anyone could try to attempt to automatically generate a part from SilentiumPC and get it in the database, that would be great..

Attached: components.jpg (1300x780, 127K)

>t. Dr. Dro

I really don't understand the point of trolling /pcb/ or how you get fun out of it, this is one of the most helpful generals

I already told you to walk wrist first into a box cutter

>B450 Tomahawk MAX
>Ryzen 5 3600
>Radeon RX 5700 XT

would that be good?

I was thinking of an RTX 2070 but raytracing might never take off

Attached: wot.png (250x418, 121K)

don't listen to this shill
these cases are absolute garbage and can't fit big aftermarket heatsinks for high end CPUs

yep
>but raytracing might never take off
raytracing is in beta test now, don't bother buying a gpu with ray tracing, not even the first amd gpus that'll implement ray tracing will be worth the premium

Attached: 1566044196780.png (960x640, 335K)

They can fit 161mm heatsinks with ease.

>but raytracing might never take off
I'm sure it will, just not really for the next few years making this gen hardware more or less redundant.
If you're going 5700XT, just aim for a reputable custom card like a Red Devil, or just go for a Founders 2070 Super for a premium.

yeah and both noctua DH-15 and dark rock pro 4 are above that threshold
ain't going to buy an AIO just because my case cucked me out of these air cooler

That one can fit my NH-D14 though?

you gotta give nvidia credit that when people are talking about "raytracing" most people now assume you mean nvidia rtx lol

that is some very powerful branding they've done, it's honestly impressive

It’s just FFXV fps fags. Explain why you would recommend the 5700 XT over a 2060S.

You guys are full of shit. And don’t lost Battlefield. It’s old and nobody played it since it Launched.

yes but barely

Raytracing will never take off, because next-gen consoles are going to have AMD cpu/gpu and will not support it. Which means devs won't waste time on a feature that >5% of the gaming population will be able to take advantage of.

>wtf why won't compact 45$ cases aimed at midrange to high midrange system builders and small form factors fit my industrial cooler, these cases are such garbage
Just get the

perfect for people doing builds in 2015

>that is some very powerful branding they've done, it's honestly impressive
They're basically the Harley Davidson of PC Hardware

>that is some very powerful branding they've done, it's honestly impressive
it's ok leather man, you can leave now

Attached: 1565717376173.png (1228x1150, 191K)

nice benchmark

there are plenty 45$ cases that have the insight to add the extra 5 mm to fit all coolers and come with a ton of hard drive/SSD bays

Ok fags. Explain why the total biscuit meme 60 FPS is now 144 FPS. Wtf do I car about any FPS over 30? I can’t see it tbqh. Why do you spend hundreds chasing 144 when 60 is fine

>[lower is better]

>72387159
(you)

Reminder to report blatant trolls and spam/filler posts.

Ray tracing will 100% take off.
Just like real time 3D rendering took off.
Just like Unified Shaders took off.
Just like how things like how ugly ass bloom became good HDR.
Just like how ugly drop shadow ambient occlusion became good ambient occlusion.

But it'll be about 4 more years and the 2080Ti won't be powerful enough to run it when it actually looks good and runs well.
Current ray tracing runs like shit even on a 2080ti and has hideous artifacts, doesn't run at high resolution which makes the artifacts ever worse, etc.

By the time real time ray tracing is widely implemented in games and actually looks good in motion, not just cherry picked screenshots, upgrade your GPU then. Buying a current gen RTX card for the promise that it'll deliver something it's not capable of delivering is a scam.

5 years from now will be a new console cycle which'll have it.

Attached: JUST WAIT for a 5x more powerful card to run your falsely advertised feature.png (1821x1022, 1.71M)

heres your reply

Attached: kys.jpg (750x753, 15K)

So what you're saying is, The RTX 2060S can consistently outperform an RX 5700 XT, 1440p 144Hz Counter-Strike Global Offensive at maximum settings w/ anti aliasing and get over 300 FPS on the new Dust 2?

>Sapphire
>ASUS
>ASRock
>MSI

Which is better for a Radeon GPU?

Are there some actual differences or do people pick based on brand loyalty alone?

Attached: 1471712185609.png (658x901, 64K)

I don't see how it's not impressive, nvidia took a generic term that's been around since the start of computer graphics and managed to make people associate it as if it was their technology and think of nvidia when you think of ray tracing, even though what they really did was make a specific approximation algorithm to get better performance

when people in the gaming/tech community at large talk about "ray tracing" right now, overwhelmingly that means nvidia rtx, and yea that's pretty impressive lol. you have people who think nvidia literally invented ray tracing. that's hilarious. even despite their disastrous rtx launch they completely dominated the mindspace.

Should I clean install windows if I want to upgrade to 1903 or just upgrade?

The issue I have with the Signum SG1 is the PSU max length, mine is 180mm so it doesn't fit. Even on the Regnum it's a little tight but it does fit at least.

Hey man, if you have a case that doesn't have that limitation and has the same features I'm all ears.

Sapphire for AMD GPUs
EVGA for NVIDIA GPUs

>there are people telling others to go buy a GeForce card for work

Attached: NO.png (668x444, 234K)

the way it was phrased sounded like you're fellating someone

>5 years from now will be a new console cycle which'll have it.
lol, not even close. The consoles are pushing for 4k 60 fps, good fucking luck getting raytracing running at that kind of resolution with an IGPU. Sorry, but it's never happening. Raytracing will become just as popular as hair effects did.

if you clean install you will have a very slightly better overall system because of the retarded way the windows patcher works, whether that's worth the trouble of reinstalling is up to you.
personally since windows is my off-os with not much installed on it and no real customization, re-installing windows fresh on major updates barely takes any time at all.

Depends on how old your GPU is for me, It keeps installing the broken Radeon Crimson drivers for my R9 280X.

sapphire and power color are good

there's not much I can do if you can't stop thinking about blowing guys

Idk but everyone is implying the 5700 XT is THE card and it can’t beat the 2060S in FFXIV. Sad.

And all these fags can do is post irrelevant ad hominems in response to a valid point. Nobody has shown anything that says RTX is worse. They say ray tracing is a meme. Sure, I don’t intend to use ray tracing. But that’s irrelevant becuase FFXIV doesn’t have RTX and even with the worse stats and ‘wasted’ RTX cores it still out performs 5700XT.
50w less power and lower temps and smaller space. Unless you’re playing BFV (literally nobody) why wouldn’t you consider a 2060S?

I suggest comparing their warranties and picking the brand which offers the best support, if you're getting something pricey.

no! Don't bring up CSGO!

My system is almost 1 year old and only have games on it. Guess I will just reinstall windows then. I'm worried about ssd wearing off though since it will have to write games again

>more jew is more goy

Attached: 1325678175649.jpg (355x495, 106K)

its the jewish factor inside every card
the more it has more of a goy you become
learn to read charts you fucking brainlet

I finally did it lads, just bought the last parts and the grand total for all of this here is £802; also got free Game Pass on PC for 3 months
sold my 1050 Ti and a Switch to fund a lot of it and made £335 so far, still got to sell the old monitor and PC case/CPU

the RAM, PSU, Mobo, CPU and SSD were all new since not a lot of them were available used
so how'd I do?

Attached: PC.png (753x629, 47K)

You don't need any thermal paste if you are using the stock cooler.

>I'm worried about ssd wearing off though since it will have to write games again
don't worry about it, modern ssds have a really long r/w lifespan and unless you're thrashing it with huge files like with 8k video editing or really big datasets you are never going to hit the limit. this just isn't a problem any more with the new controllers and OS features.
make sure you make an image with 1903 already included though.

really? weird, I just assumed all CPUs needed thermal paste; so I'm good with just the fan?

ok ok

It comes with some preapplied.

Get the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive instead if you can for a similar price. It's exponentially faster at a lower cost than the Samsung 970 EVO.

Also, how much are you paying for that Vega 56? I would suggest checking out eBay if you can for cheaper purchases. Also, the Morpheus II heatsink and kit is a monster when it comes to cooling, so just bear that in mind if you ever need better thermals and acoustics. Just be sure to have adequate fans to attach using the clips.

In general though, could you show the prices for these?

should i upgrade to windows 10 or keep using 7?

youtu.be/u9y16dnkU8k

Attached: vega rocket.png (104x115, 13K)

Most coolers today come with thermal-paste already applied on the bottom

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro if you can, if not buy a 2 pound key off eBay from that guy who sold over 4 thousand. There's no reason for you to stay on Windows 7 unless you don't use anything modern. Just remember the optimisation guides and use WinAero tweaker to tailor the OS to you're liking.

The paste is pre-applied to the heatsink, but some people do suggest replacing the default thermal paste (as apparently it's designed to be really thick and ends up hardening into nigh-concrete, so when you try to remove the heatsink months/years later, it'll pull the CPU out with it and it'll be a bitch to pull the CPU off it).

thanks mate

just use 7
kys retard

but I still need to apply the paste to the CPU like so, right? I wasn't even aware people added paste to coolers/heatsinks

Attached: 09.png (466x334, 391K)

use 10 or upgrade to linux

Can I get a recommended computer case that is easy to move around?
-Smaller sized.
-With a Handle

thanks

Attached: 1551996367004.jpg (736x717, 57K)

Will I be able to get an HDMI 2.1 signal through a thunderbolt cable using the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 board, along with some peripherals using some hub or dock?

No, you only need thermal paste on one side. Either the cpu or the bottom of the cooler.

Putting paste on both will make a mess. If you put paste on the cpu, you need to wipe the paste off the cooler.

got it, thanks, will probably just leave it be for now

coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-itx/mastercase-h100/

comfy case with top tier thermals and everything nice

Attached: built-in-handle-imageleftorright.png (1175x1120, 617K)

Never built a PC. I have all my parts. I'm 80% sure they will all work together. (AM4 with zen2 chip).
How do you know what plugs into what? Especially the power supply and front panel shit.

Will a 3700x with an Nvidia 1080 be enough to game and stream? Or do I need to go with 3800x or 3900x? I've read that the 3900x is overkill but you can lock a game to a single CCD.

month and a half and still no partner cards
fuck amd

computeruniverse.net/de/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-pulse-80-gb-high-end-videokarta
depending how far you are from germany they send everywhere. exclude VAT for outside EU, it goes down to 360.

depends on what you mean by stream. if you mean call your friend on discord and get good enough quality then yea that's fine. if you mean twitch stream to 3 people with passable quality then yea sure. if you mean run obs and have a high production level stream you want more than the 3700x.

be honest about streaming though. I mean so many people think they're going to become even a smalltime streamer with ~100 viewers and buypig a lot of shit they don't need at all. twitch is filled with streams that have 1 or 2 viewers running on high performance hardware that will give up quickly.

Read the manual that came with you motherboard.

you can get help here if you post pictures for specific questions, you probably want to watch a youtube primer video just to get an idea of the things you want to do. for example most people put in ram and the cpu+ cooler before putting the motherboard onto the case.

computeruniverse.net/de/asus-tuf-gaming-x3-radeon-rx-5700-xt-oc-8-gb-high-end-grafikkarte
huh same price as pulse, can be good

I set it to wrong region, it's way too expensive, asus gone full retard

computeruniverse.net/de/msi-radeon-rx-5700xt-evoke-oc-80-gb-oc-high-end-videokarta
MSI is cheaper, but that VRAM cooling spoils it, card is half dead

Is an ESD bracelet really necessary??

no.

Heck, I can't find the packaging for my current CPU cooler (Arctic Freezer 13 on an i5 4690), so I'm missing the parts to put it on the AM4 sockel...

Time to look for a decent CPU cooler for the R5 3600.

Attached: anime useless.jpg (1129x627, 172K)

can use stock

Yeah I have a small following anyway but I'm on a 4790k and 980Ti but and running games and streaming is maxing out the system. I am under no delusion that streaming is just a massive ego fap but I am enjoying it anyway.

computeruniverse.net/de/asrock-radeon-5700xt-challanger-8-gb-oc-high-end-grafikkarte

is ASRock stupid or what? why did they put it that high?

rate my historical build I found looking through my records
>leaf prices

Attached: Screenshot_20190819_115124.png (693x727, 114K)

Sure, but I already got a Fractal R6 lined up in my basket, so I want something that has decent airflow out the back.
I might just get the Arctic Freezer 34 Duo. At 30€ it's decently priced and supposedly a bit better than mine.

Should I upgrade to an R5 3600 from an i5 4460 or hold on until 7nm?

3600 is 7nm. and yes, that i5 is not very alive today

lol I had an alienware desktop at that time with a 4820k everything else more or less the same for about $1800 harperbux with tax.

was 770 really that expensive? owned Asus one but don't remember paying THAT much.

RGB is cool. Change my mind.

Attached: 1552593284232.gif (350x409, 437K)

do you use your PC or look at it?
also it's damn annoying night time even if it's under the desk not to mention higher price for nothing

It's more expensive
It makes you put that little thing on top of your fucking desk instead of where it belongs, under
It can easily look ugly as fuck
It's also pretty gay

Kabum, TerabyteShop, Pichau. There are other less known shops that are ok to buy (or were anyway), like Oficina dos Bits, Londritech and Guerra Digital, but it has been ages since I last bought from them so I don't know. Take a look on Clube do Hardware, rhey maintain a list of community rated shops.

I guess so, these are canadian prices which are always not the greatest compared to american ones
I ended up upgrading a year and a half later to the 970... near midnight new years eve. I think I was depressed that I was spending it alone and ended up buying something to try and feel better.

what I ended up regretting about this build
>the case, corsair 800D
really didn't like the case overall, had all kinds of problems with it and especially the side panels which quickly warped. not great airflow, build quality was not that good, overall disappointing
>aio water cooler
I just didn't know better at the time. if I did it again I would get a nice big aircooler and focus on making things quiet. I feel like not only did I spend too much getting a watercooler, I could have gotten better performance and sound for less money
>4770k
great cpu, but it ended up lasting so long I wish I had bought a higher end processor in the first place. if I did it again I would max out cpu and plan to upgrade gpu down the line.

Attached: Screenshot_20190819_120218.png (714x369, 77K)