Will Google shut down its Play Music service ever?

Do you think they will ever shut this service down? Do any of you use it?

Attached: logo_mpg.jpg (998x499, 24K)

I was suprised but people actually use this piece of shit and even pay for pro version or something
I don't know why but they do

I use it but I'm thinking of canceling it

joke?

I've been using it for years. It's got a way more logical interface than Spotify. Spotify gets my autism going on how shitty everything is.
If Play Music ever shuts down, I'm going back to pirating.

>Do any of you use it?
Hell no, I just the app for playing local media because I'm too lazy to install another one.

Apple Music is great tho

They've bombarded the newer versions with ads to subscribe to a premium plan or something. Use Musicolet.

I have used it on and off for a couple of years, the biggest thing it had going for it was youtube red being included in its price. With that being recently discontinued i switched to spotify. Both services have good and bad to them, but google play has a better interface allowing you to have an actualy music library instead of a list of "liked" songs on spotify.

I use it. Wish it played more similar music and not so much of the same stuff. Hardly ever hear ads on it. It will probably be canceled because a niche enjoys it and google can't have that happening.

Used it for a month or so a while back during a free trail period.
The interface was meh, and they didn't have any King Crimson (turns out nobody did at the time anyway) so I'd still have to keep my collection on my device.
Also couldn't justify paying $14.99 when I already have an Amazon Prime sub

>paying for music
Just use Newpipe.

Fuck anything connected with Google

He says as he posts with Google captcha

I use it, but since Google seems ready to abandon it and I can't remember the last time they added any features, I'll probably cancel it and just host my own music on my Plex sever.

They've already said it will be shutting down in favour of YouTube Music by 2021

No official web player so I'll pass for now
Can you upload your own songs on it that aren't in the catalog?

I use it for videos but it isn't always reliable
It's also not exactly a great interface to build libraries in it; it's okay for playlists, though
I might as well just rip and pirate again for music

>Play one song, the app starts building its own playlist of often not even related music
YouTube Music was a shit alternative last time I used it
Has it gotten any better?

Yeah but unfortunately the UI is akin to a fucking maze.

>No official web player so I'll pass for now
...literally just use iTunes (or the rebranded and stripped down Music app if you're in Catalina.)
>Can you upload your own songs on it that aren't in the catalog?
That's literally how iTunes works, yes.

>captcha
lol

YouTube Music is already close to Play Music's function. It just needs the upload function that Play had.

>No official web player
Good, now you can pause and skip tracks directly from the menu bar and quit the browser independently without stopping the music.

YouTube Music is a shitty mess compared to Play Music, which is just a normal mess.

You misspelled Deezloader

nah YTM has a better UI

Yeah but the algorithm is far worse, it's not too focused on helping you build a library, and the audio quality is a huge step down. The UI is better only because the app just can't do as much.

I use it, mainly because it's a convenient way to manage a digital library across multiple devices. Upload CD rips or whatever from my PC, bam, it's on everything in five minutes.

>streaming
>audio quality
pick one. If I want audio quality I use wires and FLAC

Google Play Music offers music in FLAC format wherever possible.

dude even spotify sounds considerably better than youtube. if you can't tell a difference, flac and wires don't mean shit anyway.

sorry what?
You mean it matches at FLAC quality right? It doesn't stream FLAC
It sounds a little bit better but still not comparable to wired sound.

They used to, but not anymore. Now if you upload music in FLAC format it just gets converted to 320 kbps mp3 and the streaming service plays music in 320 kbps as well.

>It sounds a little bit better but still not comparable to wired sound.
...?
What do you mean when you say 'wired sound?' We're not talking about Bluetooth here.

Thanks, my friends think I'm autistic everytime I try to use Spotify, the UI is trash and makes no sense

I use it because I don't know of anything else that will let me stream my personal downloaded library without having it on my phone

>50k song limit vs Spotify's 10k limit
>can upload your local library to seamlessly blend with Google's existing collection
>320k quality

I have tried moving to Spotify due to the impending doom YouTube Music will be after GPM gets axed soon, I always find some stupid shit like this. The Android app is aids as well. Google has said YTM will carry over music uploads and user libraries / playlists, but knowing how they transfer data from old to new services, Google always fucks up somehow. I'm preparing to go back to using Plex or another self-hosted alternative because of this shit.

>Newpipe

Enjoy having it crash on you every fucking minute.

>>paying for music
>Just use Newpipe.
just use tsdm

Bruh I thought I was the only one who couldn’t stand Spotify’s UI

I don't think it's going to happen, because their plan didn't turn out as they expected
the youtube music numbers are laughable, and they hardly have feature parity at this point
they have a last resort, and that is moving all the user uploaded libraries to Youtube Music. Once that happens, the user base will surge, because people basically use GPM just for the locker service
the music manager is broken
the website is full of bugs and dated af
the app looks like a kitkat app
they need to figure out how to let people enjoy their music in the background while also limiting or putting ads on the music they don't own... so it's kind of a mess from a tech perspective
totally different services... I hope they don't cancel the locker service

they are going to probably axe the locker entirely
there are virtually no alternatives left
no matter what Google does, they always end up having millions of heritage users that don't want to move on
it happened with google reader
it is happening with google talk/hangouts
it is happening with GPM

Attached: file.png (1723x862, 193K)

Google is just stupid

No iOS port. Ended up buying Spotify premium.