>everything works fine and fast.
>install it
>computer now boots to a black screen with a blinking underscore
>search for solutions
>turn on "nosetmode" by pressing esc or shift
>try pressing those keys
>nothing happens i cant get to the GRUB menu
>the only way to use my pc now is trough the "try it" option on the usb stick
I just wanted a comfy desktop nothing more.
>"just get another usb stick and put an installer of W10 on there"
I can't, I only have one stick and i cant get another since i am a poorfag who lives in the middle of nowhere and knows nobody around here so i cant even go and ask one of my neighbor to lend my one.

Attached: 1654156.png (300x284, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
youtu.be/aR6_pLdRFtw
help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
howtoubuntu.org/how-to-repair-restore-reinstall-grub-2-with-a-ubuntu-live-cd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is why Linux is only for people that have too much time on their hands and aren't broke. If you need something that just werks don't take these gambles user

I bricked my computer once too op.
I tried intalling linux without a usb stick.
I don't even remember how i did it.
Just take it to a computer repair shop and swallow your pride.

What would happen if you try to install Windows to USB in Live mode?

Have you just tried installing it again

Holy shit that's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard

Imagine being so stupid that you can't even install fucking Ubuntu.

Why are you even on this board?

based and windowspilled

How the fuck do you fail to install Ubuntu

Put Xubuntu on your flash and try again

It sounds like you told it to wipe your windows and replace is with linux which was a shit idea

This is the people who say that windows is better than linux

loonix fags gonna fight, how cute.

wait so you can boot from your flash drive but you can't boot from your hard drive?
try getting on the terminal and type this
#sudo dd if=nameofkubuntu.iso of=/dev/sda

Not him, but nowadays it's a fucking mess.
I installed it on a company laptop, and there were so many issues with UEFI, secure boot, legacy boot and all that shit.
I had to add some manual registry entry to the BIOS that I googled, otherwise Ubuntu would always just freeze without an error during the installation.

Imagine being so stupid that you don't realize that he was agreeing with me.

Attached: u-retard.png (645x729, 36K)

>It sounds like you told it to wipe your windows and replace is with linux which was a shit idea
Bet we won't hear a peep from him and I'm also starting to suspect this is what he did.
PEBKAC always and forever.

>I had to add some manual registry entry to the BIOS
That not being a real thing aside, you're full of fucking shit, Ubuntu has EFI support now, you have no excuse.

>rufus install disk as GPT
>Boot from disk
>Click Install Ubuntu
WOW SO HARD GUYS, YOU DON'T KNOW THE STRUGGLE!!!

Get the fuck off Jow Forums

lol

Attached: lol.png (576x507, 48K)

Oh well it's fine if he did. Might as well enjoy his fresh start with Linux and see this as a blessing in disguise

>>>rufus install disk as GPT
>>Boot from disk
>>Click Install Ubuntu
That's what I did, and then it froze when the installation was almost done. Only thing you could do is hold down the power button.

Now what?

Install Gentoo

I know i am going to sound like a faggot but i am genuinely a the border of crying, i cant brik my pc i need it to do some basic stuff and cant afford to lose it.
>Just take it to a computer repair shop and swallow your pride.
When i said that i am a poorfag i wasn't being sarcastic or ironic
Yes.
I read every installation step carefully followed every single step (it's not like the installer was complicate or something) i dont know what i did wrong.
>Put Xubuntu on your flash and try again
How? as i said i only have one stick, the one i am using to boot.
>It sounds like you told it to wipe your windows and replace is with linux which was a shit idea
Yes it was a trash idea but i genuinely thought that it would work without any issues.

Attached: 154615645.png (631x732, 24K)

virtualbox and a VM of your desired linux flavor first
never play around on your main computer, especially in your situation

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

>user gets confused by one-line sentences
AHahAHAHAHAAHahAHAHAHA you stupid fucking faggot holy shit

Attached: 1339411204787.png (390x470, 20K)

What model of computer do you have?

If you didn't actually wipe your Windows partition, look to do an EFI Bootloader repair. You'll need Windows on your USB stick tho

Fucking bingo.
>Yes it was a trash idea but i genuinely thought that it would work without any issues.

have u tried formatting your drive then installing it again ?

Have you tried re-installing the OS?

OP type
sudo fdisk -l
on the terminal
What does it say

youtu.be/aR6_pLdRFtw

This

You guys are more retarded than he is for thinking he even knows how to do that.

>installing linux

This is honestly the best solution desu

you loonix users are real faggots

I am sure this is a troll thread. How could you possibly be brick your computer with a graphical ubuntu install? That's why he's not responding to these simple solutions.

Kids in elementary school are using Ubuntu just fine, most computers in schools don't even have Windows anymore.
You are just an illiterate retard.

>user plays dumb because he's embarrassed of his choice of os
the absolute state of linux users in current year

Here is the output.
I am not completely illiterate when it comes to computer I know what a terminal is.

Attached: 15461621.png (1366x768, 161K)

okay chill dude its not the end of the world just yet
boot from the live usb
in the terminal put "lsblk"
does your hdd/ssd show up? if so you can reformat it, maybe even recover it, and try again
if not you may (or may not!) have bricked it

I suspect LARP but if not try this
help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

You already have Kubuntu so skip to 2nd option

this, write the iso to the hdd, then boot from there and write another iso to your pdrive

You're fucked, throw your computer into the trash and buy a macbook

Okay looks like your hardrive is formatted to exfat try this to format it to ext4
sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda
Then try reinstalling it again.

you still have your windows recovery partition dummy

Lol don't do this unless you want to fuck your Windows

>>"dude just install a manual transmission its far better than automatic"
>>check auto threads
>>a lot of them look very nice
>>after researching a little decide to install double clutch
>>select the parts to try it from the dealership first
>>everything works fine and fast.
>>install it
>>Car now leaks fluid everywhere to a black pool with a burning smell
>>search for solutions
>>use gaskets by pressure seals etc
>>try applying those
>>nothing happens i cant get in to GEAR
>>the only way to use my car now is trough the "try it" option at the dealership
>I just wanted a comfy transmission nothing more.
>>"just get another block and put an automatic transmission on there"
>I can't, I only have one and i cant get another since i am a poorfag who lives in the middle of nowhere and knows nobody around here so i cant even go and ask one of my neighbor to lend my one.

You are going to have to chroot into the install and install/update grub.

If you don't know how to do that then just nuke the SSD with gparted, clear all partitions and make the entire disk unallocated, then reinstall kubuntu onto the disk.

Also, unplug all that other shit, and only use the SSD during the install, unplug everything else until it's working as it should.

Wrong disk, the kingston is an SSD, the HDD is probably just storage.

Install gentoo

Do you have any friends with computers?

he lurks Jow Forums and got jelly of loonix desktops you really think this tool has friends?

>You are just an illiterate retard.
Again i followed every step carefully, i have installed windows 10 here multiple times and everything worked fine.
>does your hdd/ssd show up? if so you can reformat it, maybe even recover it, and try again
I have one ssd and one hdd, and yes they both show up and i can even get files from them to the live usb.
pic related is where i installed Kubuntu (the ssd)
I had windows installed previously on the "other os" partition of the hdd but then when i got the ssd i installed it on there and reformated it to get more storage.
I will try it in a moment.
I will try this too, i will come here in a moment.

Attached: Screenshot_20190819_165024.png (1366x768, 65K)

poonix heh

OP if you did a regular installation you should have 4 partitions.
A boot, a root, a swap and a home.
I think you tried to do a custom installation and only have a root.

>OP if you did a regular installation you should have 4 partitions.
The recommended setup option doesn't do that.

well then if you have to do it manually do a custom install and allocate 1 gb to boot, 1 gb to swap, 30 gb to root and the rest to home and make sure they're all formatted to ext4.

>bricked
You don't even understand what this word means. Your computer wasn't bricked. You just happen to be incompetent. That's fine, but stop using the word bricked.

how fucking stupid are you? "linux is better than windows" linux is for nerds who think fixing comptuer problems and typing in the command line makes them smart
if you want a computer that works use windows

>falling for peer pressure from literal strangers on the internet
>installing something without any knowledge about it because it looks shiny
Why do people like this come to Jow Forums ?

>lol what is freedom I just want comfort

freedom? the freedom to do what? fuck around with your operating system to get it perform basic functions? well okay, you have that freedom I'll give you that

I don't know why the op is having issues but usually installing kubuntu out of all things couldn't be anymore straight forward.

Desktops are hit or miss unless you're using an old pre-built. You are throwing a random motherboard, cpu, GPU, etc into a box and hoping it's all compatible with Linux.

Though flickering graphics is probably related to video driver and pop_os! Comes with the most update best video drivers available for and/Intel/Nvidia. But Ubuntu can be setup the same, just with manual work.

Now if you want to mess around with Linux get an older laptop. They're comfy to just browse the web on. Trust and that's how you get into Linux.

If you run it on your desktop spend $50 on a second SSD as dual booting blows ass. Then you can play around with it. Linux is still good to learn if you want to administrste systems or program.

yeah I'm sure linux is really straightfoward that's why half the threads on this board are tech support for it

>Linux is still good to learn if you want to administrste systems or program.
Programming is writing text, it's OS agnostic

And the other half live comment youtube tech reviewers and complain about gamer consumer tech. Jow Forums, and especially Jow Forums, being incompetent about something only proves that Jow Forums is incompetent.

>linux is user friendly
lol

Well there's no windows tech support thread so go figure

What's friendly Windows Thread?

They want to learn, and everyone has to start from somewhere. The real question is why people like come to Jow Forums.

>Well there's no windows tech support thread
There's literally one on the first page right fucking now. Not to mention the recurring Windows thread, and all the people currently using Windows and are curious about Linux.

Doesn't mean there isn't QOL on Linux. Mac for that matter too

>The real question is why people like come to Jow Forums.
Because I'm a programmer not a brainlet tinkerer

Well, you have a point.

Make sure secure boot is disabled in bios

*facepalm*
if secure boot wasn't disabled on the bios he wouldn't have been able to boot from the usb.

Hey OP, seems that something went wrong with your GRUB, you should be fine by following this (if that's the case):
howtoubuntu.org/how-to-repair-restore-reinstall-grub-2-with-a-ubuntu-live-cd

>*facepalm*

many such cases
*laughs in Fedora 30 KDE Neon*

sd card? or just get one from ebay?

This. Also OP is a faggot who installed Linux on NTFS fs. I bet he didn't even formatted his SDD or HDD whatever before installing it.
He clearly deserves it.

>When i said that i am a poorfag i wasn't being sarcastic or ironic
>cannot affort more than one 3€ usb stick
how could you even pay for a computer user? Go to some store and buy a fucking dvd for 50 cents for fucks sake. You're making it unnecessarily complicated.

Boot live USB write the distro image (or a different distro) to the *hard disk* instead of USB drive. Boot your "live" hard disk. Use that to write Windows or a less shit distro. You're welcome.

Attached: 1565978410869.png (168x118, 20K)

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Computers are considerably less messy and physically dangerous than cars.

hah if you cant install your own os you shouldn't use one you little bich mater fak

You're full of shit. there's no such thing as a "registry" in your bios.
Even if that were true, you're /still/ full of shit.
GRUB supports efi booting, your partitioning scheme may just be slightly different. Ubuntu being built for actual retards, it would do this for you.
The Secure Boot bullshit is also a manufacturer+microsoft issue, not an Ubuntu one. It's a pile of garbage designed to keep other software from loading.

>but nowadays it's a fucking mess.
News flash: it's always been a mess. You're using a downstream dumpster fire designed to be used by actual potatoes. These are the same plebians that compare distro visuals like they're looking at different versions of windows and as if the default desktop environment+DM defines its look
Spoiler alert: it doesn't

You're completely full of shit and have no idea what you're talking about. Even if you weren't:
>RTFM, faggot

Again, so you fucked up.
Did you even THINK to try creating the install disk with another program, or another drive? I've had drives that simply refused to boot, and I've had times where for whatever reason, rufus on someone else's botnet windows craptop wouldn't cut it.

The only way he'd have "bricked" it is if he'd somehow managed to physically damage the drive during the install process. Even then, the computer as a whole isn't "bricked"

negative ghostrider
he wouldn't be able to boot in UEFI mode only

This isn't the least bit true. Zoomer here, and all the school districts in my immediate area used MacOS X (yes i know it was rebranded to simply macOS in recent versions) for every laptop+desktop in the building except in certain computer-related classrooms. there they used windows.
In the experiences of kids that were my own age growing up, that were not in my area, all of their schools were either the same or used windows (7 still)

>Have all this nonsense technical instructions with no context, trust me.
High quality OS btw

Attached: pisstime.jpg (1000x1000, 117K)

Uh no.
Take a look at sdb1

Guides for installing the altered ISO for LTSC and some ricing attempts. Not "linux turned my computer into a paper weight send help"

Attached: catoffice5.jpg (394x400, 26K)

>can't even install *buntu
nigger u dumb as hell lmao

Lets see some code faggot

No

Hope you're still here op.
BTW, it's "nomodeset" and it's a grub option.
Your issue sounds vaguely similar to something I had going on with my now-libre x60 (different circumstances. It occured when trying to start xOrg [which ubuntu may be doing, but you're saying you can't even get to grub. i'm wondering if the installer fucked up grub-install] on a copy of void.)

I'm going to focus less on fixing your current install and more on ways you could get removable media to install something else.
CDs/DVDs?
If not, an SD card? Do you have a slot on your pc or a usb adapter?
What about a spare hard drives? I got a chink usb 3->sata III enclosure/adapter for a few bucks on amazon. I, too, am an absolute poorfag. I've used random sata drives to install when I've been short on flash drives. i used to have a stockpile of them, and I still have MANY really old ones