Is protonmail the best choice for a "secure" email?

Is protonmail the best choice for a "secure" email?
Was this company that the owner was forced to close by the government because they wouldn't let them see Assange emails?

Attached: iu.jpg (900x600, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html#ProtonMail
gofile.io/?c=gSI3in
blog.ctemplar.com/ctemplar-comparison-table/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just did a search on duck.com, it was lavabit and snowden.

It wasn't Snowden, you dumb nigger. Lavabit was run by Ladar Levison, the guy who spearheaded DarkMail.

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html#ProtonMail Read this nigger

Tutanota>Protonmail
The protonmail apps arent open source, tutanotas are. Proton offers 500mb free storage while tutanota offers 1gb. Ive also read that protonmails jurisdiction in Switzerland has stricter data retention laws than tuta's in Germany.

You

Also read this dumb tard

>email
>secure
Pick one, email is horribly designed system.
ProtonMail monkey-patches it's horrendous flaws with custom client-server protocol and PM-to-PM mails. I'm not convinced that's enough to fix it.

No Starch Press - PGP and GPG Email for the Practical Paranoid.pdf

>gofile.io/?c=gSI3in

Attached: goku.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Lucas is an ok author desu

Your own emails from any website as long as you've encrypted it with GPG is the best choice

All the glowies can fud about it is they will cooperate with police when forced to and in the process share IP info where you log in from, still can't give them the contents, omg so insecure, better use gmail

Tutanota is better

He was forced to shut down because of snowden, you fucking crayon munching retard.

Sounds like the ramblings of a deranged man.

You can verify everything though

How? The fact new key is generated on creation is actually a good thing to not use compromised ones, that third party company listed... How are they employed if it's just pgp encryption, ramblings is a pretty accurate description, or maybe fud is better

>Is protonmail the best choice for a "secure" email?
No, they route your mail through Israel

>Was this company that the owner was forced to close by the government because they wouldn't let them see Assange emails?
No, that was Lavabit

so if i want a reliable email that is more secure than gmail what should I use?

it's a good alternative to gmail, don't expect to be epic l33t h4xor spyman

mailfence is better, do protonmail also have a canary?

proton works with police etc, they just are unable to hand them the goods, only thing they can share with them is IPs you log in from, and that they do share as is legally required

They've openly stated that they prune through their databases to ban White nationalists, which means they're not only storing your emails for the long-term but also have no qualms about reading them and removing you from their service for arbitrary reasons. You be the judge.

sauce? you're full of shit because proton claiming they can access data would be a suicide for the whole business model, but go ahead and provide it while I skellington

cock.li
How did anyone not mention this? It's comfy.

If you use your email address for illegal shit then people will report it, and they'll shut down the account associated with the address because otherwise they're complicit in the activities.
That's all. They don't comb through shit. If it was ever found out that they were storing mail unencrypted by your public key, their entire business model would be fucked in an instant. That's a reasonable enough guarantee for me. I'm not doing anything which really requires strong encryption over email anyway, because the only way to do it is for both parties to use gpg, and God what a fucking pain in the ass that is.

>because the only way to do it is for both parties to use gpg, and God what a fucking pain in the ass that is.
I mean if you receive an email from @proto it's right there, but yeah, people assume gmail emails will get pgp encrypted on their way somehow and god forbid to ask other email providers for such basic service

Why do people keep linking this LARPer shit?

the best choice is cock.li
thanks for asking

Attached: 4CiEBT414AE.jpg (1392x1967, 480K)

Ctemplar blows proton and tutanota out of the water.
>Cock.li
Literally don't listen to these idiots.

>check ctemplar
>they have a mail service comparison chart
>click the link
>the chart doesn't appear anywhere on the page
really makes my bubbles juggle

>Works on my machine
blog.ctemplar.com/ctemplar-comparison-table/

I don't know about you guys but I love using "privacy services" recommended by the NYTimes and other MSM outlets! Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!

>using "privacy services" recommended by the NYTimes
is this like summerfag trap?

>Literally don't listen to these idiots.
Vincent Canfield is based and honest unlike all the exaggerated nonsense your precious ctemplar says
cock.li works great and if you want true privacy on emails you should be using gpg anyways

Not everyone is out to get you, schizo.

>Not everyone is out to get you, schizo.
that's what they want you to believe

Just host your own Lavabit Magma instance

>lavabit
Christ that's a name I haven't heard in some time