Yet another "what distro should I try" thread

Yet another "what distro should I try" thread.
I am an arch-fag for over a year now. I am pretty experenced. What distro should I try next ?

>imb4 install gentoo
Compiling every software sounds very stupid

Attached: bufferinglet.jpg (120x125, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10 WSL

I said "distro", not "botnet"

linux from scratch then write your own tiling wm

Void, Slackware, Gentoo, NixOS, your own LFS build and maybe some *BSD
after you've completed your little autistic adventure you'll come back and settle on Ubuntu like most seasoned LiGNUx users

Void Linux

ohohoh we know you're going to use at least one botnet software on every distro, if you care so much about "botnet" and its danger, go full rms mode

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
its all or nothing freetard

Guix

Debian. Period.

I've fallen for the gentoo meme. It has been 12 hours since I started compling everything and I'm not even quite sure if it works.

I've tried quite some: x/l/ubuntu, antergos, manjaro, arch, debian and now gentoo and I'll tell you this: they're all as much linux as the other, this whole distro thing is just retarded talk to feel unique and special.

If it werks just keep using it-

>slackware
does anyone actually unironically use this pos as a daily?

Why do you want to.use a different distro? If there isn't a reason for switching, don't switch.

stay on arch or else...

Open BSD

>x/l/ubuntu, antergos, manjaro, arch, debian and now gentoo
>they're all as much linux as the other
Sure. Apart from Gentoo (which is only different as far as it's source-based and doesn't default to systemd), all distros you mentioned are just Debian_or_Arch/systemd/Linux/GNU with, at best, a specific GUI and some other pre-installed software. Of course they'd feel very similar in practice. If you want to expand your Linux horizons, try something like Alpine, Puppy, or Tiny Core instead of random Debian/Arch remix #9072.

Come home to Ubuntu and stay there

You sound like you've done linux a few good times.

Try FreeBSD. It's like linux, only better. And you'll learn a couple things.

Attached: freebsd_logo.jpg (442x293, 8K)

this but openBSD

Attached: openbsd.png (1400x1270, 384K)

If your os and/or distro matters, your programs suck. Get some hardware you like to type on and use what works.

\thread

Yup. People who just want to dick around with computers and don't actually have important shit to do on them use Windows/OSX/Ubuntu. The Archlinux/gentoo/slack/ricers of the world are all NEETs or have a specific non-important computer set up to dick around with.

Attached: 1562032031623.jpg (338x338, 18K)

/thread

Ubuntu 18.04.3 with the desktop of your choice. I like MATE. Maybe instead of Kubuntu for KDE choose neon if you're feeling frisky (and want KDE).