/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q [Open] [Open] [Open]

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>I7 9700K/I9 9900K - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps (wait for AIB partner availability)
2160p (4K)
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive
>2070 Super is a viable option in lieu of AIB 5700XT availability as long as you don't pay more than $500us

>Navi AIB models come this week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Previous

Attached: 1543249905943.jpg (500x375, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Rocket-Internal-Performance-SB-ROCKET-1TB/dp/B07LGF54XR
youtu.be/_7PkZwY9PWM
newegg.com/black-thermaltake-versa-h17-micro-gaming-chassis/p/N82E16811133364
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=m2GJVn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what happened to last thread?

x570 vrm temps

Attached: vrm.png (756x1474, 72K)

T H R E A D R I P

W H E N

Retard from the last thread here. Is this any better of a motherboard?

Attached: Capture.png (1250x635, 79K)

ijeet trying to hijack other generals and got banned

Attached: 1551519580579.png (767x767, 837K)

what are you doing buying a 1tb sata ssd in x570, get a nvme m.2 drive man

also maybe get the 3700x and a cheaper cooler

Actually looks good.

amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Rocket-Internal-Performance-SB-ROCKET-1TB/dp/B07LGF54XR
this is 20 gbp cheaper and will be faster too, you can use that towards getting the 3700x

>still going for MSI

you know their BIOS is garbage right?

Get a 3700x and you’re set.

>gigabyte at both the top and the bottom
very nice gigabyte

Which cooler fits that board?

>5700xt
get a 2070 super if you can

That board should fit the cooler. If not just get the Noctua NH-U12

Any PC case recommendations?

Got any charts on how they compare against each other? I'd be fine shilling out the extra for it but I don't wanna pay £100 extra for an extra 5 fps difference

why the difference in performance doesn't justify the price bump, my as well get myself a 2080 super if i wanted a real increase

too vague

does anyone have that new lg 27? 2k ips monitor? looking to get one to replace my 4k one.

also is the 5700xt a good upgrade over the v64?

didnt realize it was so much more expensive, buddy got one for 450 USD, mustve jumped

ATX mid tower with good airflow

Yeah, over in the UK we get cucked hard

meshify c/s2, lian li o11 air, or h500m

No. I would wait a lot longer before upgrading the Vegas 64 because it’s a very good card.

Why are only 2 aib 5700xt available in Canada? (Sold out still)
Wtf is this shit?!
I want the goddamn thicc model
Idgaf about performance between them, they're all 5700 xt

that motherboard isn't very good
youtu.be/_7PkZwY9PWM

this a good case?
newegg.com/black-thermaltake-versa-h17-micro-gaming-chassis/p/N82E16811133364

Embrace the AMD Wait™ experience.

Gonna ask here too I guess. I have been trying to flash bios without cpu and the flashlight doesnt blink but just stays on. What to do?

Alright, is this finally a good build?

Attached: Capture.png (1260x647, 82K)

Become a YouTuber and you’ll get AIB ones free and weeks before average consumers get one as well.

>Why are only 2 aib 5700xt available in Canada? (Sold out still)
because nvidias price gouging has left tons of people waiting to upgrade

that coolermaster cooler isn't really any better than the stock one, you probably want to either not bother or to get something else. otherwise looks good though.

>3600X
don't pay for a letter

I thought the X series didn't come with a cooler?

Meshify C

what this user said
go for noctua or bequiet

I would also research the motherboard you’re getting because I’ve heard some MSI x570 boards don’t work with the 3700 so maybe you’ll need to look at the gigabyte one you have.

There is not 3700 non x on pcpp sadly. If one even exists

>no WS x570-ace
What's the point?

Attached: 1508661009406.jpg (480x602, 66K)

it comes with a cooler, if you aren't spending around 30-40+ gbp you probably won't get something better than stock
you don't really need it for temps it will be mostly to quiet down the case
noctua and be quiet are the safe go-tos though

Ahh, cool, will just keep the stock cooler then

I was too slow last thread.

So, is a 1440p 144hz build from scratch (no case/monitor/peripherals) feasible for under 1500USD yet? I haven't had anything other than a shitty laptop and a phone for like 6 years and would really like to get back into a dedicated gaming/workstation, but I'm definitely out of the loop on what hardware is good and for what.

that's the MB I got, just waiting on my Noctua to build

Alright I'm setting up a channel now but I only have a phone camera
Do they care if I have subscribers?

Lol u serious?

No?
I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

Honestly
I want the card so bad I'd try anything
Anybody in Vancouver wanna sell there red devil for +$100?
I'm only comfortable meeting somewhere on the freeway where nobody can see what we're doing without pulling over
I definitely won't stab you

Looking for new monitor, saw that the Philips 276E8VJSB was on sale.

>27" IPS 4K 60hz (no sync)
>249€

Its a freaking great deal, but it might as well be a waste of money since its not optimized for gaming nor does it even support vesa stands in case I'll use it in a dual monitor config. But it does fit in nicely economically, since this upgrade is just meant to be a placeholder until the next generation of 4K 144hz monitors hits the shelves (the ones that will feature DP 2.0).

I have a 1080p 144hz TN right now. Should I really?

Attached: 1555763332885.jpg (219x230, 9K)

Sorry I'm in Texas and I'd shoot you

Stick with your TN for now and wait for other options to arrive.

What do you guys think of the Samsung Odyssey+ at $300? Any good?

Enthoo Pro.

Lian Li TU100

Air cooling or water cooling? what form factor MB do you have?

get it delivered to seattle and drive over

only reason i ask is because im trying to go simracing in the near future and dunno if a v64 will cut it for multimonitor

Which ITX chipset should I go with?

X470 or X570?

What pricepoint am I looking at then? I'm pretty accustomed to using a 120hz 4k television (one of the Samsung ks9000 series I think) with HDR, and I would prefer that my pc experience be somehow superior to it beyond response time without being the price of a car. 1440p 144hz seemed like a good option for that.

Air cooling, ATX

Anyone?

Attached: 20190819_201150.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

what does the manual says?

Ask reddit they fell for the cpu less meme and have the same issues

but wont that means they dont have the solution as well?

I'm not seeing much reviews about the 5700 XT from XFX (the THICC or whatever it's named).
Is it better or equivalent to the Pulse? It's the only one in stock around here.

>I'm not seeing much reviews about the 5700 XT from XFX (the THICC or whatever it's named)
>It's the only one in stock around here
Just got released, that's why.

I'm just surprised there is no tech reviewers that got one in advance to test it. Especially with the memey name.

they will have run through more possible solutions.

The manual says the same as their website

It apparently uses a steel plate for the RAM that has little contact with the heatsink. I suspect it wouldn't have faired well in any sort of somewhat serious thermal testing. Meanwhile it looks good and has a memetic name, so who needs to actually send it to reviewers?

gib rundown on the y2k bug for a zoomer how did people survive it, i assume internet wasn't super common then so it couldn't have been via an update?

Attached: 1548544120518.png (483x487, 196K)

for the FOURTH TIME.
if i want a 2060 super, what model would you fuckers suggest

gtg is 5 ms and that seems to be the worse of it. for that price, is there even any competitor avaliable?

we didnt survive it, things have gotten worse and worse since then

>if i want a 2060 super, what model would you fuckers suggest
A 5700 AIB of course!

Attached: AMD Let me down.png (854x640, 609K)

>>>/sqtg/

The only review I found is indeed not glowing.
Oh well. More waiting it is.

Need some FUCKING STORAGE as my boot 512GB SSD is full
Go for a 1TB SSD or a 2-3TB HDD?

hdd

>120hz 4k television
not real 120hz

He didn't ask for one of these.

Attached: Hair-Dryer-800x100.png (800x1100, 91K)

>AIB

>A 5700 AIB of course!
no such thing

Are the saved part lists on PCPartPicker still good? Mainly looking at the 1440p mid range list:
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=m2GJVn
and is 1440p really much better than 1080 for gayming, or should I just save money on it and stick to 1080?

It's not "much" better, but it's noticeably better. You'd notice high refresh rate a bit more.

looks for a decent case that's under $50. no gay rgb, don't care if it looks like it's from 2005 but it needs atx mobo support.
help

dont trust anything in pcb's op lol

Will I be able to get an HDMI 2.1 signal through a thunderbolt cable using the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 board, along with some peripherals using some hub or dock?

What is the best barebones PC with MXM slot someone could buy today?

Attached: IMG_1007.jpg (2048x1365, 233K)

you arent going to get real answers for something that niche here, you better ask on a dedicated forum

because of forces superior to the brain damage i have, i believe in the RTX memery and i dont think ill be able to avoid a GPU upgrade

so i want a entry level rtx. might even do a upgrade to a 1440p75 monitor, but because my games are not particularly demanding im also thinking about a 144hz version

I believe in RTX, I just wouldn't buy a card because of RTX. Half a decade too early.

is that a gayming plus and an old kingston stick? thats literally the same one as i got thursday
fat32 is a must, that also means that the partition of the usb stick should be less than 13gb, to be safe a made a 8gb partition and it worked flawlessly ( tried using a generic usb adapter for a m2 that i use for tools and what not, it didnt recognize it aka happaned the same thing as your picture)

MXM is so niche its not worth it unless you are into it or you need its specific special snowflake answer

do like most of us and get a pcie riser cable or a 90 degreee angle PCIE slot adapter

are the new 5700 xt red devils out yet

they're """"""""""out"""""""""""" but nobody can find any to buy

Are there any news regarding 3900X availability, especially in Europe? This shit supposedly released about 1.5 months ago and they're still essentially impossible to find. The only 3900X I can buy is currently priced at an utterly insane $1066. I'm getting fed up with waiting and just grabbing a 9900K is growing more tempting by the day, especially considering how X570 motherboards are also more expensive than Z390 for the same feature set.

I also believe in rtx but the performance hit is so big you won't really get to use it for another few generations anyways, you can just upgrade in 2-3 years

but I understand buypigging and will probably get some dumb shit like a 2080 ti super if it comes out in time for my 3950x build (or threadripper?)

MSI Ventus, Founder's Edition or anything from EVGA.
Choose whichever of these is cheapest.