Updated my PC a couple of weeks ago with these parts

Updated my PC a couple of weeks ago with these parts

Asus X570-PRO Motherboard
16gb Fury DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
Ryzen 3700x CPU
Samsung M2 SSD 970 EVO 500GB

and my GPU which I didn't upgrade is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB.

Heres the problem: I've been getting daily BSOD with the error code CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I've googled around for answers and most have pointed out to faulty memory.
I've ran Windows own memcheck and I even ran Memtest86 one night, both gave 0 faults in memory. I've also checked the HDD/SSD's for any corruption/issues but nothing comes up.

There isn't really any specific thing that triggers this BSOD. I've had it browsing the internet, gaming and while being away from my computer.

Has anyone had similar issues with these parts? I did read an article about the new ryzen processors not being compatible with Nvidia stuff and that could be the issue but I'm not sure.

Attached: img_58aa8f91538fe.jpg (802x223, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-amd-ryzen-3000-bsod-error-fix,39847.html
amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Asus X570-PRO Motherboard
>16gb Fury DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
>Ryzen 3700x CPU
>Samsung M2 SSD 970 EVO 500GB
so you pretty much built a new pc and reused your old case psu and gpu

Attached: 1485911050942.jpg (882x731, 132K)

in other words, yes.

did buy a new case aswell, just didn't think to mention it.

install gentoo

tpbp

What does the event viewer say?

what kind of windows install did you do?

Fuck me. I'm about to do a near identical build to you.
Same Mobo same cpu. Same ssd.
Except I'm using the Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200MHz.
Did you fuck with anything in the bios?

Bad RAM or bad RAM slots.
/thread

Attached: 1552911830940.jpg (1080x1920, 186K)

installed windows 10 from USB stick, activated later with a key I bought from eBay. Think it's one of those windows versions that big corporations/schools hand out for students etc. since it was so cheap.

Lots of Warnings from DistributedCOM and WHEA-logger

>"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID "

or

>"A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Endpoint"

Errors are always Kernel-Processor-Power

>"Performance power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."

This goes all the way up to 15. (16 total).

Critical errors Kernel-Power

>"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Nope.

Well, suppose memtest86 would have reported some sort of errors if it was RAM issues. Also the RAM sticks are in A2B2 slots if that information has any relevance.

where did you get the widnows ISO?

did you install the AMD chipset driver?

Is your ram overclocked, is your cpu overclocked, does this shit still happen after cleaning your cmos? My bet is on dogshit ram or bad settings in the bios.

Install the AMD chipset drivers, it fixed everything for me at least.

>no memory errors
>no harddrive errors
It must be the BIOS

The official windows installation page.

I did install some chipset AMD_chipset_drivers_nonVGA_1.7.29.0115

No and no. Haven't tried cleaning cmos yet, I don't like the idea of fucking directly with the board but if it comes down to it I'll try it.

Did that already.

you are fucking retarded
BIOS just boots the bootloader , you can even take out the rom from the socket after that

>BIOS just boots the bootloader
imagine being this much of a brainlet

Attached: u-retard.png (645x729, 36K)

actually with all that modern uefi shit maybe
Does it also set the speed of the ram and stuff
yeah it could be a modern "bios" uefi

yeah sorry my bad, it could be configuring the lowlevel ram and cpu settings wrong

actually no, setting up ram and cpu is part of booting the bootloader
What the fuck more does bios do?

I'll try resetting BIOS settings incase I accidentally changed something there, I don't recall touching anything but i'll do it just to see.

Also, found the article talking about Nvidia GPU fix for AMD Ryzen 3000 series.
tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-amd-ryzen-3000-bsod-error-fix,39847.html

>take out the rom
...the past!!!! omg its the past!

OP here

Reset to default and apparently my CPU WAS infact overclocked a little, so I'll see if this helps.

If not i'll be back tomorrow crying and flinging shit all over your board again.

>bios
basic input output system
>uefi
unified extensible firmware interface

the names should be self explanatory but for dum dums like yourself ill explain:
both systems allow (act as a gateway for) interaction between each of your computers components. the bios was more basic but could still get fucked with say a bad flash and lead to an unstable operating environment that could say boot an os, but crash after certain uses. nowadays it is even more prevalent with the uefi system because it is doing 100-1000 more things than the bios did in the past. it is literally an entire mini-os running underneath whatever os you installed (windows, linux, etc.)

Does now one know how to use Windgb?
If it's a software problem it will tell you what module is at fault from your minidump

Try the RAM in the other slots.
If it still BSODs, just RMA the RAM to be safe. As much as people say do use memcheck and memtest, they're not PERFECT, some issues can slip by them and are really hard to diagnose. If you complain about BSODs when RMAing the RAM the company will very likely accept and send out a replacement kit, even if they can't replicate, because there are a lot of potential edge case issues and it's no cost to them.

The computer wouldn't even turn on when I had them in A1B1 slots. Read the manual for the motherboard and it states that A2B2 is the optimal setup for RAM. Idk how legit that is though, sounds weird to me.

It does. Even if its not optimal it should still work.
Try the sticks individually, too. See if just one of them causes BSODs.

I'm thinking it's the memory too. Do you have any spare ddr4 dimms you could try

>I did install some chipset AMD_chipset_drivers_nonVGA_1.7.29.0115

That is old as fuck, download
amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

I know b350 but it supports yours too

Life of a beta testers.

>just buy rtx goy

Life of an early adopter.

>the response
Life of a typical mindless corporate consumerist.

Install a different chipset driver. When I upgraded to a 3700x around July 10, installing the newest chipset drivers on my b350 caused nonstop bsod. Rolling back to my old ones fixed it.

I heard the new bioses fixed bsod as well. While I do have that installed, I'm not gonna bother with new chipset drivers. My pc works fine as is.