Why do you use intel?

Attached: D6D83E42-BE73-4DCF-BAD0-D12733F4B3F4.jpg (900x980, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/intel-mds-attack-speculative-execution-buffer/
labs.bitdefender.com/2019/08/bypassing-kpti-using-the-speculative-behavior-of-the-swapgs-instruction/
youtube.com/watch?v=mbtGGYFHKpA
zombieloadattack.com/zombieload.pdf
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011
amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031
amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051
amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The i3-9100f is under $100 and was good enough for me. Almost went for a Ryzen 5 2400g but here we are

Better quality
Better value

because the last time I built a computer (2013), it was the only good option

because AMD had literally no viable offerings when I bought my T470s

I almost did this, but I got the Ryzen i5 2600x because I liked the motherboard options better.
Literally wasn't even about the CPU - 9100f is a damn good looking CPU , kindof wishing I had it instead, but I'm glad with my ry5 too.

I don't

Attached: Fine Wine.png (1023x868, 160K)

because ryzen isn't as fast as i9

because used xeons are cheap on ebay

Because 6 real cores in small chassis. Only reason you should get Intel these days is for mobile

Attached: 63562816_p2.png (1111x1082, 710K)

What about the 30+ bios/windows security mitigations that you're required to enable on intel processors for the BARE MINIMUM security? AFAIK version 1 of spectre and meltdown literally slice SSD performance in half. What happens when you fully enable all 30+ security mitigations? pic related

Not trying to troll btw, gonna do a new pc build soon, my A10 kaveri APU is pretty long in the tooth and am considering an i3-9100F or R5 1600 for my next CPU.

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

It's all shill FUD that requires unrealistic configurations and intimate knowledge of the target system to the point that you've pretty much already owned it anyway.

So basically at least in theory there could be farms of data being mined this very moment since half of all computers use outdated BIOS's and OS's like windows 7 and nobody would be able to detect it, correct?

No. Stop reading clickbait.

better price to performance on intel

Attached: amd vs intel priceperformance.png (2523x820, 605K)

>"That means any attacker who can run a program on a target chip—whether in the form of a malicious application, a virtual machine hosted on the same cloud server as the target, or even a rogue website running Javascript in the target's browser—could trick the CPU into revealing data that should be protected from untrusted code running on that machine. That data can include information like what website the user is browsing, their passwords, or the secret keys to decrypt their encrypted hard drive.

"In essence, [MDS] puts a glass to the wall that separates security domains, allowing attackers to listen to the babbling of CPU components," reads one line of a VUSec paper on the flaws, which will be presented next week at the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy."

wired.com/story/intel-mds-attack-speculative-execution-buffer/

So basically all it takes is a few lines of javascript to LITERALLY pull passwords and banking info straight out of RAM without tripping any anti-virus alarms, correct?

I got sick and tired of having to deal with the many caveats that AMD brings. Since getting my 9900k, it's all been plug and play.

>javascript timing attacks
already patched out in modern browsers

I don't see any and laptops at the moment.

Another paper full of scary words but no real-world results from people with a vested financial interest in making you afraid. Yawn.

Stop reading clickbait.

to be fair there are plenty of AMD laptops out there and are only gaining ground because of how much performance the Ryzen 3/5 chips brings to the table in sub $650 range.

But RIDL and zombieload made the web browser patches literally worthless. Now you have to fully disable hyperthreading AND have bios/windows security patches for the 2 other vulnerabilities mentioned.

How much gaymen performance does that make you lose? 5%, 10%, 15%?

What about the new KPTI vulnerability?

labs.bitdefender.com/2019/08/bypassing-kpti-using-the-speculative-behavior-of-the-swapgs-instruction/

Amd when i bought my i5 4690k when it came out was quite shitty , their FX processors were more of space heaters than gaming cpu.
Now the tables have turned and i'm really happy to see AMD on the top like back in the pentium 4 fiasco

Yes, because I want to add more and more time side channels that are virtually undetectable. This is just CPUs. Timing side channels have already been demonstrated in features like kernel same page merging and other shit. If you want your CPU to be cucked, be my guest, but I want my CPU and kernel to be as bullet resistant as possible.

Pretty much this, Why are AMD users so insecure about their computers that they have to try and bash it's competitor?

Attached: vs.jpg (1920x1080, 528K)

see I'm using an i7-7700K OC'd to 5GHz btw but seriously considering switching to zen 2 mainly for the security.

>zombieload
9th gen intel is hardware immune

Look, more academics with jobs in desperate need of relevance.
Ah, yes, so that’s why you’re buying x86. Because you clearly value security.

When’s Hiro going to finally get rid all of these marketers and their dishonest garbage?

No.

depreciated

Not for version 2.

How many security vulnerabilities is it going to take for you to realize intel processors are literally POZZED dumpster fires? For me it was 10. Now there are 30+, right?

Attached: 1445364318299.jpg (450x519, 126K)

How many memes and papers you've never actually read are you going to keep spitting out before you realize that nobody with a brain takes you seriously?

Look man, when everyone's shit has been mined, sold to the highest bidder on the darknet, and then actually used weeks to months after their pozzed intel system leaked it to them without setting a single anti-virus alarm off they're going to come crying to us and you know what I'll tell them?

Take.

a.

long.

walk.

of.

a.

short.

pier.

Attached: 1465101708732.jpg (800x800, 319K)

You don't fit in.

I don't need to, I'm not intarded. I don't feel pressured to support POZZED dumpster fire swiss cheese intel processors. I'm free, I don't have to circlejerk to intel benchmarks like the rest of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=mbtGGYFHKpA

Attached: 922.jpg (680x510, 24K)

CPU fanboy trolling is so boring. I'm off to go find another thread.

holy fuck that sounds so eerilie familiar. I've heard this somewhere before.

Attached: 1553540987652.jpg (640x758, 178K)

You sound like you ran out of money to buy a decent computer and have to come to Jow Forums to bitch and moan about which processors you wish you could afford.

Attached: 1562636197585.png (1920x1080, 731K)

Thoroughly butt blasted.

Attached: lil'uns.jpg (284x391, 22K)

see
Not him btw, I'm mostly just interested in the song he posted. It gives me chills, gives me a dark haunting vibe desu.

Because Jow Forums told me the 3570k was good.

You don't listen to Jow Forums for any kind of help, That's your fault.

>Not for version 2.
zombieloadattack.com/zombieload.pdf
>Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake-R X X

Old i5 machines are a steal. If all you care about is gaming, buying a "$200 i5 anything custom PC" off of craigslist and slapping in a new RX580 is a better value than making a bargain machine from scratch

This. Poorfags can rejoice.

You don't have to do any of this shit. Nobody is wasting their time popping obtuse unreliable side channel exploits on random gamer toddlers.

Ryzen only launched in 2017

I use both. 3700x for my main, and a 3470 when I want to dual client certain games without the risk of being detected as one pc.

was partnered with intel got my 7700k for 149 USD
cant fuck with that at that price brand new in mid-2017

I don't think you can put anymore cope in a single pic
>compares ryzen 3000 with i9 for price
>goes on to compare ryzen 2000 with i9 for performance
>declare muh price to performance

>sample size 1
>oy vey goy buy intel now sholomo

So's any other piece of curbside trash but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to drag it inside your home.

>those Intel price cuts
oh lawd
And still not worth it for another ten tears of security holes and perf regressions.

i do have a ryzen in my desktop but intel in my laptop (x240) because only intel available

why are you a faggot?
this. and amd have always sucked horse cock.

CPUs generally have pretty damn long lifespans user, and server CPUs (until recently) haven't been clocked high and have had pretty low TDPs

Because it works and so do I.

>CPUs generally have pretty damn long lifespans
So do the backdoors embedded in them.

Impossible. There have been zero (0) reported exploits caught in the wild.
you're just regurgitating non-factual FUD for your poorfag CPUs.
Anyone who turns vulns on and isn't a server or cloud provider, simply does not understand cybersecurity and how computers work.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAH BETTER VALUE REEEEEEREEE

Attached: BonziSunglasses.gif (117x120, 105K)

I can OC a 4c8t or 6c12t $50 Xeon and easily play any game 60fps stable.

>forced to cut prices because amd was assfucking them hard
>shiton of sec vulnerabilities
>recommending a dead socket

AMD was shit when I built my current PC
Unless things change dramatically I will probably put a Ryzen in my next PC

Why do AMDrones care that people actually buy Intel processors?

Intelfags didn't give a shit when people bought AMD processors.

>Intelfags didn't give a shit when people bought AMD processors.
First day on Jow Forums bro? Both sides of the brand war are retarded fanboys, intelfags are no better.

the prices of the intel CPU are on sale, add 200$ to have the real price
who do you think you're fooling intcel?

Because my second gen i3 does whatever your newest get ryzen can.
Enjoy your placebo you consumerist brainlet.

i'm not buying a garbage CPU that can get my bank account siphoned
even if intel payed me to use their product i wouldn't risk it

I just bought a Ryzen 2700x bros. Its on the way.

What board and RAM should I get?

Why do the patches for the vulnerabilities hit performance so hard?

>caring about CPU backdoors
>falling for the patching vulnerabilities meme
>when you're most likely using Windows and own a mobile phone
>implying you're worth hacking

>when you're most likely using Windows and own a mobile phone
please don't project retard

Because the i5 2500k is legendary.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011

amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031

amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051

amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031

Attached: 1563455436921.jpg (1035x1000, 189K)

>4 threads
Nice cope, could have said 2600k

thats because the AMD cpus are latest release lol. Wait till Intel releases their next line and we'll see :)

WOW, I NEED THE LATEST 637 CORES CPU JUST TO SHITPOST ON 4CHIN.

Attached: GABBA2.png (625x773, 143K)

Last time Intel surpassed AMD in sales was in june 2018 kek

Attached: 1565441659241.png (1800x850, 212K)

6 cores? What do you need 4 cores? Here's your dual core bro.

Number of sales alone is not the full picture, we don't know how much money AMD and Intel make for each purchase, whats their profit margin, etc.

Performance

lol

Attached: relative-performance-cpu.png (500x1250, 81K)

If you care about security then you definitely shouldn't be using Intel

Because the i3 8100 didn't have any competitor back then. You don't need a high-end CPU just to post on this shithole...

Attached: 1564339116230.jpg (259x319, 38K)

bought one pre-ryzen and I don't need to upgrade for the foreseeable future

Attached: 1562549113755.png (1414x782, 64K)

>released Q4 2017
You fell for Intel kikery.

>3900X 13% better CPU performance than Intel's best
sir ples delid

No, I didn't. I can't even use this CPU's full power.
All I do are emulating and playing with games from 2010. Why would I buy a CPU for hundred of dollars, when a 2 years old one can do the job? You are just another "consume and don't ask questions" retard.

Attached: FuckOffBitch.png (362x456, 248K)

two cores? what do you need hyperthreading for? one core is more than enough.

>emulating on a LOCKED quad core
Enjoy your stutters. You're probably used to them at this point.

Android mobile games don't have that problem.

>Why do you use Intel?
Because devils canyon was absolutely based when it released. Should hold out fine while I wait for the 3900x to actual be in stock here.

if consumers are gullible enough, they are, to fall for the two leapfrogging each other then more power to them.

amd closing the gap is not a leapfrog move though, so with general performance parity intel is still getting their ass handed to them.

BRING BACK TEJAS AND JAYHAWK

Performance parity in games, while getting crushed in productivity and datacenters.

>buy intel cpu to play mobile games on pc
holy shit the absolute state

*Licks you*

Attached: 1548694617483.gif (200x153, 193K)

I don't I have a Ryzen 2700X.

because i use off lease workstations and industry likes intel